fedex issues - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 04-06-2011, 06:40 PM   #1
chasebaker5
fedex issues

i have had 2 snakes get held up in the mail they have been in since monday night.............. fedex said they got "put on the wrong plane" and are very sorry........ anyone ever have this happen? did your snakes live......? they came from cali and are now in memphis TN and then here to dallas............

Old 04-06-2011, 07:48 PM   #2
hhmoore
Nothing unusual about them going to Memphis, that's the central hub...a lot of packages go through there, even though it is out of the way, in many cases. What is unusual is that it didn't get straightened out before now (though, I have heard some reports that once UPS or FedEx have already missed the delivery deadline, they seem to be nonchalant about correcting the situation ASAP). The shipper should be doing some serious cage rattling and setting fires under people's butts.

Old 04-06-2011, 07:57 PM   #3
chasebaker5
well the shipped hasnt done anything like she should i have asked her too... but i have been calling every couple hours everyday bugging them and running them up walls.... i just really hope my snakes are okay....... very mad about the whole thing!

Old 04-06-2011, 08:05 PM   #4
hhmoore
I don't know how much information they can give you about certain things...have they offered anything in the way of explanation?

Old 04-06-2011, 08:24 PM   #5
chasebaker5
nope, just a bunch of sorries and stuff.. and if they are dead all they will give me is 100 dollars... and i dont think the breeder is gonna refund anything either since it was her fault....... but im not sure which way to go with that

Old 04-06-2011, 08:35 PM   #6
Wraith
considering the nasty storms that moved through this week, probably could be the reason they got held up...may have tried to reroute and it just didn't work out and further delaying them.

Old 04-06-2011, 09:17 PM   #7
hhmoore
I would be surprised if they gave YOU anything...generally any type of refund goes to the shipper (the one that paid them).

FWIW, while some sellers still try to hold onto the old "not responsible for carrier error/delay", most good ones will step up to the plate and do the right thing. You paid the seller to provide you with healthy (living) animals, and that is what you should get. If you don't, then the seller has failed to complete her end of the transaction...it doesn't really matter that it would be "FedEx's fault"; as there is NO way that she can argue that you are to blame, or that you should be out that money with no snakes to show for it.

Old 04-06-2011, 11:34 PM   #8
chasebaker5
after reading that i feel that if it does happen then i will ppost about it in the bio and warn people at least.. i like the person a lot they always answer questions and i have just talked to them a few times a really good person but i agree about to healthy animal thing... thanks a whole lot!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!