FedEx....what's up? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 05-06-2011, 05:56 PM   #1
crookedantler
FedEx....what's up?

I had 2 Ball Pythons sent Priority Overnite to me.They were shipped yesterday(05-05-11).The tracking stopped at 04:55am thismorning in Newark,NJ.I live in Bedford,PA.When I called FedEx they told me my package wouldn't be delivered today due to a WEATHER DELAY!The entire route is 70degrees and sunny! WHAT WEATHER? IT has now been 13hrs since their last scan on the package. FED EX.......YOU SUCK!

Old 05-07-2011, 12:16 PM   #2
TripleMoonsExotic
Firstly, they should never have been shipped on a Thursday because any delay and they won't deliver until Monday. That's shipping 101.

I had two overnight deliveries two weeks ago arrive late because of the horrible storms in Tennessee. You've got to remember that they will not have a direct flight between destinations. Weather at the hubs in between can cause delays.

What you should do in a situation such as this is call FedEx as soon as you notice a problem with the tracking, politely explain that their are live harmless reptiles in the package and it is imperative that they locate the package. Usually they are very helpful and will get the package located right away and depending upon where it is located, will get it handed off to an afternoon driver immediately.

Old 05-07-2011, 01:46 PM   #3
crookedantler
Did exactly as you suggested at 1152am yesterday.Today at 1pm the package is STILL in Newark,NJ.Once again,there is NO WEATHER SITUATION anywhere along the destination route.Further more,the first time I called they took my phone number and PROMISED as soon as the package arrived at my local hub(40miles away)they would call me immediatly.Since then I have called 4 more times and each time they had a WRONG NUMBER! I gave them the correct number each time and still they can't even get that right.

Old 05-07-2011, 01:55 PM   #4
TripleMoonsExotic
So you checked each stops weather and determined their was absolutely no weather problems at any location that could have caused the delay?

I'm afraid at this point you won't see that package until Monday. They don't do normal deliveries on Saturdays and this does mean wherever it was Friday afternoon it will remain there until shipping resumes Monday. This is precisely why you never ship on Thursdays.

Old 05-07-2011, 02:06 PM   #5
crookedantler
Yes I DID check the entire route between the place shipped from to my destination.There were NO storms of ANY kind ANYWHERE.As far as shipping to Thirsdays,you may be right but when they charge the prices the do for PRIORITY OVERNITE,the day of the week should not matter.They are just using the weather delay BS to not have to pay out any refunds.Check the weather for yourself,from HERNDON, VA on Thursday at 5:39pm to NEWARK, NJ at 0455am Friday(where it is still sitting)net stop was to be Pittsburg,PA the trucked to Duncansville,PA for delivery to me.Maybe you can find the magical raindrop that stoped a multimillion dollar comapny from delivering on time.

Old 05-07-2011, 02:14 PM   #6
TripleMoonsExotic
Giving me attitude when I'm trying to offer some advise over your frustrations isn't helping.

The priority overnight fee does not include Saturday deliveries. It never has. Click here and then click Next-Business-Day-Delivery > FedEx Priority Overnight and look at the Service Days section. Saturday Delivery Information. It's an extra $15 for Saturday delivery.

Old 05-07-2011, 05:16 PM   #7
crookedantler
Not trying to give you attitude,sorry if you felt that way.I was just responding to your questions.I understand how the shipping works,thanks for the links.It just really ticks me off that they have to say "weather delay" when,if they were honest,"we screwed up".I do appreciate you help and those links did help.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!