Billing to the receiver - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 05-09-2011, 04:58 PM   #1
Focal
Billing to the receiver

I've been thinking lately that it would be easier (and more accurate) to just give someone my Fed Ex account number and have it billed directly to me when purchasing a snake.

Say for instance, I'm purchasing 10 adult females and guesstimating would be a little hard. I would tell them to print the label with my account number.

Is this permitted and is this safe? I have been incorrectly charged before and Fed Ex has paid me back so I don't think anyone illegally using my account can harm me too much; plus recipients have my account number when they receive the package anyway.

Am I missing a part of the puzzle or is paying my actual shipping too good to be true

Thanks

Old 05-09-2011, 05:46 PM   #2
garweft
Why give them your account number? You should be able to send them a return label that you make. There is even a way to email one, and if it doesn't get used it won't cost you anything.

Old 05-09-2011, 09:19 PM   #3
TripleMoonsExotic
I've provided shipping labels to sellers before. It's sort of a hassle which is likely why you don't see it done very often. I certainly don't mind doing it depending upon the case.

Old 05-10-2011, 07:30 AM   #4
Focal
Quote:
Originally Posted by garweft View Post
Why give them your account number? You should be able to send them a return label that you make. There is even a way to email one, and if it doesn't get used it won't cost you anything.
Good idea!! I was gonna try to put the work on them

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
I've provided shipping labels to sellers before. It's sort of a hassle which is likely why you don't see it done very often. I certainly don't mind doing it depending upon the case.
That's good to know. I've never heard of it being done but I'm glad to hear it works fine!

Old 05-10-2011, 08:12 AM   #5
EricIvins
I do it all the time, both as a buyer and seller. I have many customers Fed-Ex account numbers, so they get billed the exact charges at the discount they have.......I've never had a problem with it......

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!