Good Guy Aaron Standley - GeckoExotics - FANTASTIC - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-09-2012, 01:54 PM   #31
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeckoExotics View Post
Ben Siegel, just helped a guy die, due to a bug eating contest he put on.
Check it out for yourselves, its on utube.
I think I will be OK.
Aaron, you have managed to turn your good guy thread into a hello I am Aaron the guy that just shot him self in the foot, my advice to you is to stop posting because you are very close to committing Faunacide.

Old 10-09-2012, 06:56 PM   #32
ronritzer
So will ben seigel. I'll still buy from him.

Old 10-09-2012, 07:11 PM   #33
ronritzer
be ok that is.

Old 11-04-2012, 12:20 AM   #34
Boondockreptiles
I came across this thread because I recently purchased a breeding pair of nuu ami x nuu ana leachies. One was from phillipe de vosjoli stock, with whom I am well familiar. The other was from Gecko Exotics. I had never heard of such and so used google and found this thread. My intention was to provide my customers with assurance of bloodlines. I think what has occurred here is unfortunate.

I think much of this was caused by Mr. Standley's lack of experience doing business on the web, which he admits.

I think he honestly did not understand the way PayPal fees work and did not intentionally withhold money from the customer.

I think he does not understand tone in written form. This is a common error in the Information Age as it is difficult to interpret a person's true meaning when only written words are available.

I do not feel that the customer is totally innocent. We have no idea what words were said during the phone conversations that happened between written correspondence.

I think what is most unfortunate about this is that Mr. Standley does not realize that written communication on the Internet is virtually permanent.

Whatever my two cents is worth, this thread makes me hesitant to inform my customers of the true origin of the bloodline of the animals that I am currently breeding. I am afraid they will search Gecko Exotics, as did I, and find this thread. I will, of course, inform them and not be dishonest. I do not doubt Mr. Standleys prowess as a hobbyist and business man, I just feel this thread revealed a side of him that would have been best displayed in verbal conversation with the customer and not forever in writing.

Old 11-05-2012, 03:51 PM   #35
GoliathWorms
Aaron Standley of Gecko Exotics has been a vendor at our reptile expos for 8 years. I know a good deal of Northwest breeders and hobbyists who have had successful transactions with him, so I was naturally shocked to see this thread. I have never purchased anything from Gecko Exotics, but like many fellow herpers in Oregon, I have had the pleasure to view his breeding facility in Salem. Aaron has much passion and pride for his animals, although clearly is not used to doing reptile sales online. He is a classic example of an "old school herper", a guy who loves the industry and his animals, but does not do well with criticism and computers (obviously). While I don't agree with how Aaron let his emotions get the best of him on this thread, I would not hesitate to purchase animals from him as they are always top-notch.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!