Wanted Lampropeltis zonata - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Kingsnakes & Milksnakes

Notices

Old 07-08-2018, 09:22 PM   #11
Socratic Monologue
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcp2 View Post
Many states allow the collection but not the sale of their native reptiles.
With due respect to everyone involved in this thread, the original post was seeking the purchase of an animal.

Leah may have been a little harsh, and probably the OP is a wonderful fellow, but there are a lot of people here who think that wildlife laws are not to be passed over, even from innocent ignorance. Anyone violating (or even talking about violating) wildlife laws has the potential to wreck this for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Queen View Post
I find it hard to believe that someone that advanced in age living in California doesn't know the state reptile laws.
I don't keep zonata, and I don't live in California, but even I know enough to follow 'I want to keep a native animal' immediately with 'I need to look up the laws'. To do otherwise is irresponsible.

Old 07-09-2018, 06:41 PM   #12
tirzo13
Many reptile people are not exactly nice. Ain't going to change them..
At any rate keeping a current fishing license will allow him to catch or keep one.
There are breeders now and then who gift out babies as they are not allowed to sell them but they have big waiting lists.

Best bet is get a Arizona mountain King snake instead.

Old 07-09-2018, 06:49 PM   #13
tirzo13
And yes not everyone knows the law. Dude is 80. Most 80 year Olds don't get on the Internet so till he posted what he had nobody would tell him. Or maybe he doesn't have any herp friends who knows. I'm sure there are plenty of people who go hiking and pick up a baby zonata or baby San Francisco garter and keep it and have no idea the legality of what they are doing. I won't even own a cal king because I don't want to deal with it. We can keep albino cal kings without issue though.

Old 07-09-2018, 11:41 PM   #14
tcp2
Good Points

Thanks for adding the thoughts and information to the posting. I was not going to comment anymore since I keep getting mud thrown my way for asking people to be nice instead of vicious. The BOI has helped me get $3,500.00 back from two different transactions. When properly used and sticking to the facts it really does serve a good purpose. It's really too bad that the BOI too often sinks to the level of Junior High name calling and bullying.

Old 07-09-2018, 11:59 PM   #15
tirzo13
People don't have to be jerks with telling the truth.
Just say hey you may not know but those are illegal without license or permits.
Course when I do that I have had a poster tell me to mind my own business and they didn't ask that question.
Some people don't want help!

Old 07-10-2018, 12:03 AM   #16
tirzo13
But in today's world if you don't know what people think you should know, or disagree you are a Russian troll!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!