Reptiles Express, snake shipping suspended - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 10-29-2010, 02:51 PM   #31
CB Reptiles
Anyone have any updates on Reptile Express????

Old 10-29-2010, 02:59 PM   #32
Shadera
Reptiles Express is still suspended as far as I know.

Old 10-29-2010, 06:44 PM   #33
chamgirl99471
Apparently... UPS is dragging their feet but RE is still allowed to ship snakes under their account and are in the process of removing the temporary ban from their site. They are just not providing the waiver with your shipping labels anymore.

Old 10-29-2010, 07:21 PM   #34
Southern Wolf
Ummm if the temp ban was removed.... then why not provide the waiver with the label?

Old 10-29-2010, 07:26 PM   #35
chamgirl99471
You'd have to E-mail Debbie for the specifics.. that's just what was relayed to me. Not sure of the exact details butI think it has something to do with jealousy on the part of SYR and their waiver getting taken away so they are giving RE a hard time.

Old 10-29-2010, 07:31 PM   #36
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by chamgirl99471 View Post
You'd have to E-mail Debbie for the specifics.. that's just what was relayed to me. Not sure of the exact details butI think it has something to do with jealousy on the part of SYR and their waiver getting taken away so they are giving RE a hard time.
Please ask her to come and explain if she would.

Old 10-29-2010, 07:36 PM   #37
chamgirl99471
Definately will

Old 10-31-2010, 04:05 PM   #38
Regal Evolutions
I just got this reply from Debbie at RE stating that as of today, the owner has lifted the temporary ban on shipping live snakes through them but will no longer provide their waiver as previously stated in this thread.

Bill
SYR had a waiver to ship snakes which they lost in May of 09
We still have our waiver we did suspend snake shipping on a volunteer basis hoping to give UPS time to work out some of the problems they were having at the Hubs
As of 10/31/10 The owner has removed the suspension but we will not be handing out our waiver (which we were doing) as
this only complicated matters so not to confuse you we still authorize to ship NON venomous reptiles including snakes but we have to advice our customers that we will not hand out our waiver.
You can call me and I personally will help if you have a issue at the Hub

--
Thank You,
Debbie Price
Shipping Dept
debbie@reptilesexpress.com
404-477-4102

Old 11-02-2010, 02:08 PM   #39
debbieprice
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidgeTop Reptiles View Post
Ummm if the temp ban was removed.... then why not provide the waiver with the label?
Hello Kevin,
First let me say it was not a temporary ban we volunteered to suspend shipping because our customers were experiencing problems at the hubs
There has been some resistance to accepting the waivers at some of the UPS facilities. This has resulted in confusion, delays, etc,
Bottom line the waiver did not seem to help.I received better results when I handled the problems directly, this is why we are not going to provide it at this time.

We are trying to allow UPS time to work these issues out and in turn trying to work out a solution so we would not longer require a waiver ( individual account numbers for all our customers were one of the items talked about)
In order to preserve our ability to ship snakes going forward it's important that we help UPS work through these issues as calmly and smoothly as possible.
Hope this answers any questions and as soon as we have an update someone will post it
Thanks Again to all our customers and there understanding in this matter

Old 11-02-2010, 02:32 PM   #40
Southern Wolf
Thanks Debbie for responding

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!