Where to drop packages when using Fed-Ex - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:35 AM   #1
bones93
Where to drop packages when using Fed-Ex

In the past I have always used Reptiles Express and UPS for shipping. My next shipment will be the first time I have used FED-EX and was wondering if most of you schedule a pick up or drop off at a hub location or drop at Kinkos.
I could not seem to locate a Hub near my house but not sure I want to drop a package at a Kinkos either. Any help appreciated.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:57 AM   #2
fuzzylogix
i have a fedex office location a few blocks from me. i would try to google it and see if one is close. i do know there is a kinkos inside the same office though, but i've never had any issues so far.

Old 03-14-2011, 07:51 AM   #3
Focal
I use a wrap/pack/shipping store around the corner from my house. It keeps the snakes warm until fedex comes and I trust the people to handle all my shipments. Pick up is usually later too. If you use a place similar to this, I would inform them that you are shipping snakes and see how they take it. Some people won't even touch the box and I would stay away from them.

Old 03-14-2011, 11:15 AM   #4
SteeleReptiles
Dont know about fedex but when shipyourreptiles was using ups you could pay a few extra dollars it wasnt much at all to have them pick up at your house. Thats what I always did.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:30 PM   #5
bones93
I was considering having them pick it up but I dont like the idea of it sitting on the truck all day. When I shipped UPS I would drop off right before the last pick up at 6pm and at least it was warm all day. I will dig a bit deeper and see if there is an office close. There are plenty of Kinkos.Fed ex stores around here

Old 03-14-2011, 01:53 PM   #6
geckobabies
IDK about Ship Your Reptiles, but with a FedEx account you can schedule a pickup at your home for certain times such as between 4pm to 6pm to avoid the package being outside any longer then necessary.

Old 03-14-2011, 09:25 PM   #7
SteeleReptiles
yea you could schedule what time they came to pick it up. Mine were always picked up at about 5-530

Old 03-15-2011, 05:08 PM   #8
GreenCountryHerp
I would use a Kinkos if you don't have anything close by. They keep the packages indoors until the Fedex truck comes to pick them up at the end of the day. It has always worked fine for me

Old 03-17-2011, 04:26 PM   #9
Khaman
When I got my Fed Ex cert I was told not to use Kinkos/Fed Ex office locations for drop off or pick up because they we independently owned and were not certified for live animal shipments.

Old 03-28-2011, 04:36 PM   #10
Mervin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaman View Post
When I got my Fed Ex cert I was told not to use Kinkos/Fed Ex office locations for drop off or pick up because they we independently owned and were not certified for live animal shipments.
Just came from a Kinkos and they said Fed-ex is not shipping any types of live animals. I asked about getting Fed-ex certified and the lady got pissed off at me..

What do i do?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!