Where to drop packages when using Fed-Ex - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 03-28-2011, 04:50 PM   #11
hhmoore
Go to a FedEx staffed facility, or schedule a pickup.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:04 PM   #12
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mervin View Post
Just came from a Kinkos and they said Fed-ex is not shipping any types of live animals. I asked about getting Fed-ex certified and the lady got pissed off at me..

What do i do?
Print out the FedEx policy which says quite the opposite, then take it in with your certification paperwork and shove it in her face. If you are not certified and relying on SYR you're SOL and will need to find another drop off location.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:20 PM   #13
hhmoore
Shoving paperwork in somebody's face is not exactly the best means to an end. If one was fed up, about to switch to a different service, and wanted to go out with a bang...then maybe that would be a fun way to do it. Otherwise, making a scene and being difficult could actually be counterproductive...especially if one hopes to either continue using the service, or to start an account and pursue a waiver.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:27 PM   #14
TripleMoonsExotic
Harald, did you fail to see the bright green cheezing smilie after that sentence?

I would recommend correcting the obvious incorrect information the place has. Ignorance is not helping. It is up to the Kinkos to choose whether or not they will accept a shipment, but that doesn't mean you can't correct them when they don't know what they're talking about.

Old 03-29-2011, 07:33 AM   #15
Focal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mervin View Post
Just came from a Kinkos and they said Fed-ex is not shipping any types of live animals. I asked about getting Fed-ex certified and the lady got pissed off at me..

What do i do?
Check this link and find another drop off location:

http://fedex.com/Dropoff/start

Then I would call Kinkos and file a complaint for A) putting out misleading information that could impact sales and B) getting pissed off. Inquiries should not be addressed with aggression. If she was right, they will correct you. If she was wrong, they will correct her.

Follow this link to become fedex certified. It's kind of old and you have to read several pages into it to get updated info, but once you get on the phone with a rep, it's pretty much down hill from there.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=33533

Old 03-29-2011, 08:05 AM   #16
hhmoore
I did see it, Steph.....but I know a lot of people that would mean it fairly literally (and plenty of others that would take it that way) if they said they were going to shove the papers in someone's face. Those people would also use some sort of smiley, because they'd think it was a hoot.
I just tend toward a quieter, more professional approach. FedEx Office locations can apparently choose not to accept live animal shipments...pointing out the policy, and showing "proof" doesn't really mean jack when you are dealing with the average counter person there. They're doing their job and, even though the customer may be correct, if they've been told NO from their bosses, they're not likely to cross that line. Sure, one can try to educate them, and take it to the management level...but, personally, I find that I rarely have the time or patience for that crap anymore. Granted - I'm spoiled by having a FedEx Staffed facility relatively close to me, so I don't have to...I suppose if my situation was different, and all I had was the (closer) FedEx Office, I'd be inclined to try harder to push for change.

Old 04-07-2011, 02:17 PM   #17
kenchat046
I tend to agree with Harald on this one. I had a shipment going out yesterday via Fed Ex. I took it to a kinkos/fedex hodgepodge store and the clerk said they couldnt accept live animal shipments. I had a copy of my verified shipping cert in my hand as proof but she wasnt listening to anything further. Luckily I have a fed ex hub close so it worked out. I would try to contact local centers first on the phone to save an unnecessary trip and aggravation.

Old 04-08-2011, 01:58 PM   #18
mikeansheleen
I just talked to my "account executive" , FedEx charges $4 for pickup at your location, sounds easier to me to have tham pick it up and actually hand it to the driver.
I'll be sending in my test package this weekend.

Old 04-11-2011, 07:44 AM   #19
Focal
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeansheleen View Post
I just talked to my "account executive" , FedEx charges $4 for pickup at your location, sounds easier to me to have tham pick it up and actually hand it to the driver.
I'll be sending in my test package this weekend.
The only problem with giving it to the driver is that it will sit on the hot/cold truck all day. Nothing beats a late drop off IMO.

Old 04-20-2011, 04:10 PM   #20
chasenreptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal X View Post
The only problem with giving it to the driver is that it will sit on the hot/cold truck all day. Nothing beats a late drop off IMO.
I agree 100%. It may cost a few more dollars in gas and some time, but it is much safer to drop off at a fedex hub. I personally drop every shipment off at the FedEx hub right before close. The piece of mind and safety this gives is well worth the time/expense. Plus your animal is sitting in a box for a shorter amount of time. I box at 7pm and drop at the hub at 7:25pm. Fedex closes at 7:30pm.

Chase Delles
Chase~N~Reptiles
651-269-9192
www.chasenreptiles.com

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!