Good Guy Aaron Standley - GeckoExotics - FANTASTIC - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-19-2012, 09:08 PM   #1
Ihkura
Arrow Aaron Standley - GeckoExotics - FANTASTIC

I've seen Aaron at local reptile expos for a couple years, and he is awesome! Always willing to answer questions and discuss his passion with his geckos. His ethics are impeccable, his animals always are in tip-top shape and of top quality. He is generous with his time and a great person to purchase geckos from! I absolutely will be purchasing from Aaron again in the future!

Winchester, my wee Pine Island leachianus gecko from Aaron:

Old 08-19-2012, 09:24 PM   #2
Kita
I purchased a Tokay from Aaron earlier in the year and couldn't be more pleased with his packing and communication. Great guy to talk to about projects and has some really nice animals. I look forward to working with him again!

Old 09-12-2012, 04:01 PM   #3
danstubblefield@gmail.com
As a courtesy to all Fauna users: I have recently had the displeasure of doing business with Aaron Standley. I would STRONGLY advise you against doing business with this man. He is a scammer, Doing “business” with him has been a tremendous waste of time. He is insulting, Bipolar and has Better to occupy his time than to become your worst nightmare. Do not trust this man. Given any opportunity, he will screw you over. All under the façade of a gentile old man with health problems and a love for animals.

Old 09-12-2012, 06:05 PM   #4
rainkeltoia
Would you care to provide some more information Daniel? Just making accusations in that manner really does nothing to help anyone. Emails, pms, screenshots really make the case.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:16 PM   #5
Ihkura
Daniel, please follow the proper procedure and make a separate thread with all evidence, email screenshots and otherwise. This thread is not the one to do so. If you have a legitimate complaint, making it on a "Good Guy" thread will show someone skimming for information that there are a lot of posts on the positive thread, not show them what they need to know on a "Bad Guy" thread.

Old 09-15-2012, 06:06 AM   #6
GeckoExotics
Very well put Rami, proper context makes a difference.
I think he is mad that he didnt pull one over on me, trying to pull his demandments
& that I simply sent him back a refund, minus the paypal fees he tried to skip out on.
Cmon, if 25 bucks for paypal fees makes or breaks the deal for him, he is way over his head anyway.
We have all been young, he is 22 & Im 42, but Im an "scamming old man, hiding behind the facade of illness", according to another post he put on here yest.
BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME DAN, YOU CANT DEMAND SHIPMENT THE NEXT DAY, WHEN YOU HAVE NOT PAID IN FULL, THAT INCLUDES PAYPAL FEES THAT I REQUIRED FROM THE BEGINNING.
IF THAT PUTS YOU IN A HUFF DAN, THATS TOUGH.
AARON STANDLEY
DBA: GECKO EXOTICS
ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CALL ME 503-931-3343

Old 09-18-2012, 02:13 PM   #7
Aaron tried to take advantage of my niceness and my willingness to accommodate him as is my nature as a business professional. Aaron was selling me breeding groups of geckos, upon inspection of the photos he provided I made the mistake of informing him that on of the females looked pregnant. Aaron, being an O.C.D hoarder of animals threw a fit at 4am over email after I'm assuming he got drunk or high and started sending me hateful poorly composed emails over the next several days accompanied with several calls/hangups to my cell phone. my girlfriend responded to his email as nicely as possible in an attempt to appeal to his better nature because she saw that I was very disappointed with my wasting of time and money. He responded to this with more belligerence and a whirlwind of drama and emotion. I pity this man, as he is clearly unstable. But I will not indulge him by giving him any more of my time or energy. It should be clear by our correspondence that I delivered in full my part of our business arrangement including the pay-pal fees which he still claims I did not pay which i assume is a spiteful ruse on his part to keep nearly 50$ of my money. I will Attach his emails along with a warning to all: Do not work with this man.

Old 09-18-2012, 02:33 PM   #8
Hi, sorry to hear about your surgery, I hope things go well with your recovery. I am interested in your crested/ gargoyle groups and am willing to purchase them asap. pictures would be appreciated. what is your preferred method of payment/shipping? also, Would you offer a group discount ?The price for the gargoyles is a bit out side my price range but if you are willing to be flexible perhaps we can work out a group deal. I'm located in central PA. My primary email is *I have omitted my personal information for privacy here*which is much more convenient for me to correspond with. thank you
*I have omitted my personal information for privacy here*
THANK YOU DAN,
MY SURGERY WAS JULY10TH.
YES, I AM DOING THINGS IM NOT SUPPOSED TO.
IM42, BUT THAT DOESNT STOP FRIENDS,2SONS & MY PARENTS FOR RIPPIN ME A NEW ONE, LOL, BUT WE ALL OVER DO IT SOMETIMES.
I AM PAYING DEARLY FOR FORGETTING MY HARDCOLLAR NECK BRACE, BELIEVE ME!!
I HAVE TO GO SHIP THIS PR OF LEACHIES, I WILL BE CHECKING MY EMAIL RUGULARLY AGAIN.
HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON.
THANK YOU DAN!

*as you can clearly see here I made no demands for shipment*
HI DAN, I SHOULD BE ABLE TO SHIP TOMORROW, MY FOLLOW UP APPT FOR MY NECK SURGERY IS THURS@10:30.
WHAT HAVE YOUR HIGH TEMPS BEEN/WHAT ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO BE HAVING FOR HIGHS THURS???
I REMEMBER YOU SAYING YOUR LOWS WERE LIKE 60--65
THANKS AGAIN, AARON

*I speak with Arron over the phone and inform him that I think one of the female is pregnant he sees the opportunity to cheat me out of a baby gecko that should by all right be mine considering I have made payment in full*

Hey Dan, I just looked at the gargoyles & I dont feel comfortable shipping the red stripe female, as she is going to lay eggs soon.
I will ship her seperately, at my expense, for you having to wait for her.
I would prefer to get them at the same time if its all the same to you.

*Aaron*I can refund your money if you would like.

from what I'm reading. she should be fine overnight. I would be fine with you shipping her seperatly if you want to ship her egg also. its your call. thanks again for all the advice, Im sur it will come in handy. hope im not keeping you up too late

*Aaron replies with this at 4 AM I assume he is drunk*

Hey Dan lets get something straight.
My work,my time has gone into these geckos FROM HATCHLINGS TO BREEDING ADULTS, MY CONCERN IS FOR MY GECKOS.
Lets get something else straight young man, YOU DONT MAKE THE RULES PERIOD.
YOU DO NOT TELL ME WHAT TO SHIP OF GECKOS, EGGS OR ANYTHING ELSE, WHEN YOU PAY AT11am(DONT INCLUDE PAYPAL FEES AS REQUIRED).
Then you try to tell me to ship them to you the next day, YOU MUST BE OUTA YOUR DAMN MIND!
UNDERSTAND THESE FACTS & KNOW THEM TO BE TRUE, I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE TO ANYONE INCLUDING YOU.
I have not been wasting my time in this industry for the last 15+years, to have you, a 22 yr old boy tell me anything.
I have a 22yr old son who has graduated & is an accountant.
You should gleen as much knowledge from whomever you can, you will need it, IF THIS IS HOW YOU "PLAN" TO DO BUSINESS.
SERVICE TO YOU IS DENIED, DUE TO IGNORANCE.
YOU WILL HAVE A REFUND, MINUS THE PAYPAL FEES THAT YOU DID NOT PAY, IN THE MAIL TOMORROW AM.
PLEASE ENJOY THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, SOMEWHERE ELSE AND NOT HERE.
IF YOU WISH TO DESPUTE ANYTHING, BE MY GUEST!
AARON STANDLEY

*my girlfriend responds, being as nice as possible*

Hey Stanley,

I am a confused over the tone of your message. After you told me that you would ship the geckos the next day (wednesday), I got nervous when you said you wanted to keep that female until she lays (which could be as long as 2 to 3 weeks from now). I have had people flake out on me before and keep their animals while also keeping my money. I am just simply interested in both ends of the party keeping their agreement. I take the utmost care of my animals, and trust me, you will never be able to find a better owner that me.

If you still don't want to sell your geckos, then yes, a refund is necessary. However, I would much rather have the geckos then the refund (seen by the fact that I did indeed already buy them). The way I see it, after buying them, the geckos became mine, that's simply how transactions works. And after buying them, I decided that the risk of shipping the one female was lower then the risk of shipping her separately. So, the choice is up to you. I think this whole ordeal has been blown out of proportion. I am willing to grant you the benefit of the doubt and maintain professionalism. I understand that you have just got done with surgery and that parting with your animals is probably harder than you bargained for.

You are incorrect, you HAVE NOT PAID IN FULL AS I REQUIRED.
You live on the East coast, why not get them there, maybe price has something to do with it???
MY "tone" as you put it, is very blatant, abrupt & direct.
YOU DID NOT, AS YOU PUT IT "ALREADY BUY THEM", AS YOU DID NOT PAY THE PAYPAL FEES, WHICH I WAS VERY SPECIFIC ABOUT.
YOU HAVE NOT PAID IN FULL.
I told you I did not want to ship that one female AND THAT I WOULD COVER SHIPPING FOR HER AT MY EXPENSE.
HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY TELL ME "FROM WHAT YOU ARE READING, SHE WOULD BE JUST FINE"?
YOU ALSO HAVE NO CLUE, AS TO WHEN SHE LAID LAST, SO HOW CAN YOU SAY "SHE WONT LAY EGGS FOR ANOTHER 2-3 WEEKS", YOU ARE UNBELIEVABLE!!!
Now you are "willing to grant me the benefit of the doubt", you have alot of learning ahead of yourself.
BOTTOM LINE IS YOU HAVE NOT PAID IN FULL, AS YOU SO STATE.....BUT YOU HAVE MANAGED TO PISS ME OFF WITH YOUR IGNORANCE OF THEIR CARE.
YOU HAVE BEEN DENIED, DUE TO THESE FACTS, YOUR REFUND IS ALREADY ON ITS WAY.
Have a great day.(sense the sarcasm?)
MOST SINCERELY, AARON STANDLEY

I assume you sent it via usps. when can I expect the refund?

*Arron responds being as difficult as possible, not answering my question at all*

Since you are not a registered PAYPAL member, you will receive your refund via regular mail, for wasting my time.

*In short, this man has been an incredible time suck, he is insulting belligerent and bipolar. I pity both Him and his poor children which he used in an attempt to hurt me. What kind of parasite does that? Aaron Standly...a total psychopath.
might I add that I am a grad student in the field of herpetology. A fact that might help alleviate his assertion that I am "Ignorant" when it comes to reptiles. Hopefully I have spent my time writing this wisely. All I hope for is that I can deter another hobbyist from falling into the same trap as me.

Old 09-18-2012, 03:20 PM   #9
mb8159
i recently purchased a breeding pair of leachies from Aaron they are heathy fat and happy as for his communication it was top-notch an overall great guy i'd do business with him again anytime keep up the great work Aaron thanks again

Old 09-18-2012, 05:19 PM   #10
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihkura View Post
Daniel, please follow the proper procedure and make a separate thread with all evidence, email screenshots and otherwise. read.

Actually that is not the proper procedure. It's prefered if people use EXISTING threads to add their deals to. there is nothing wrong with or against the rules to have GOOD and BAD dealings in the same thread. The more info that is in one thread, the more informed decisions can be made and keeping everything in one thread keeps all the info together.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!