Family Cares for Two-Headed Snake - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Herps In The News

Notices

Herps In The News Local or national articles where reptiles or amphibians have made it into the news media. Please cite sources.

Old 09-24-2012, 08:29 AM   #1
wcreptiles
Family Cares for Two-Headed Snake

From the Slide Show below, the second head doesn't look much like a head; more like a messed up tail. I've never heard of a snake with two actual heads with one on each end of its body but there are a lot of things I've never heard of.

Family Cares for Two-Headed Snake
Quote:
Ware Shoals, SC (WHNS) — Finding a snake in your yard may be a little scary, but what about one with two heads?

A Greenwood County family is trying to figure out how this is possible, but they’ve been taking care of the little guy for weeks.

Savanna Logan and her brother, Preston, have been amazed by this two-headed snake and showing it off at school since workmen at their home found it three weeks ago.

A National Geographic article reports that two-headed snakes are rare but not unheard of. It said they’re formed like Siamese twins. Typically, two-headed snakes have two heads on one side, versus the one this family found, with one on each end.

Savanna Logan’s grandfather took the snake to the Ware Shoals High School biology department. Teachers told him this was a “rough earth” snake and not a baby. It was nothing they’d seen before, with two heads, two tongues and four eyes.

“One head’s bigger and one’s more dominant than the other, but they both seem to control the body, the main head will do one thing then the other part is trying to go the opposite direction,” said Savanna Logan’s mother, Tina Stewart.

Savanna’s grandfather has been taking care of the snake. He said he’s seen it multiple times, crawl one way, stop, then pick up the other head and crawl the other way.
http://fox8.com/2012/09/21/family-ca...-headed-snake/

Slide Show
http://www.wistv.com/slideshow?widgetid=63127
Attached Images

Old 09-25-2012, 09:01 AM   #2
Durante
wow, that's pretty interesting. Seeing a two headed snake with one heads on each end rather then right next to each other sure brings up a few questions. Thanks for sharing the post!

Old 09-25-2012, 10:55 AM   #3
IMAJACOBIAN
Can we say Catdog. lol

Realy, though, If the food goes in one end, where would it come out?

Old 09-25-2012, 10:56 AM   #4
Wilomn
Yes, and I've got some wonderful ocean front property in Idaho I'd like to sell you too...

Old 09-26-2012, 02:37 AM   #5
chazzz
Looks more like that snake just barely escaped a lawn mower with it's life minus a tail. Or some 200 lb man fearing for his life and his families took a shovel and chopped off the wrong end.

Old 09-26-2012, 11:15 PM   #6
ccole93
If this is an adult, wouldn't it have died a long time ago? How does it poop? I saw the video of this and I can't discern a head on the tail side.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!