AV negative Breeders - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-07-2007, 05:28 PM   #61
Denisebme
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD
Wilomn.
If I was child like yourself I might get upset about your name calling.
If you have nothing to add to this post, start something in the BOI so we can act like children.
Thanks.
Jim.
Jim,
If we all try to take a step back here and calm down, we may be able to help each other.
I can say that all the dragons in my home are currently testing negative for AV. Does that mean my colony is AV free? No, it does not. It means that I need to continue testing, because a negative test or two does not mean that AV isn't present.
Threads like this are going to discourage people from testing. Do we know for sure that ALL BD's have AV? No, we don't. We know that the numbers are discouraging, but right now, we don't know what is possible with further testing, and that HAS to be the point, right?
No one, not one person, can claim right now to have an AV free colony because there simply isn't enough information to base that statement on.
Cheri has a right to her OPINION the same way you have a right to yours, lets just stop the attacks and try to work together.

Look, I'm fairly convinced at this point that the more I test, and I plan on doing it twice a year from here on out, the more dragons I'll have that test positive for this virus, but I don't know that for a fact either and I won't until I do the tests. That is the absolute, unvarnished truth. I also believe that I have a responsibility to inform people of that, because there are no guarantees right now.
I also know there are other people with negative dragons in their collections, and right now, we're just going to have to wait and see what happens with them. If they continue to test negative, and better yet, if they have babies that test negative and continue to test negative, we MIGHT get answers from them we DON'T have right now. Until then, this whole thread is pretty useless.

Old 04-07-2007, 05:29 PM   #62
Scott Ashton
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAWDOG
You are wrong and I am pointing that out to the readers. The fact that I extract DNA everyday from breast biopsies from patients in clinical trials makes me pretty well qualified to answer this question. I refuse to get involved in the drama but I will be a resource for scientific information.

So your a lab technician?

So you process biopsy samples.

That's a far cry from performing an actual biopsy.

In which case I'd say your about as qualified to comment on the technical complexities and risks asscoiated with needle biopsies as the next lay person.

Old 04-07-2007, 06:17 PM   #63
RAWDOG
Quote:
So your a lab technician?

So you process biopsy samples.

That's a far cry from performing an actual biopsy.
Well you asked!! I am a Research Scientist and I develop novel/esoteric diagnostic tests for the largest Clinical Diagnostic Company in the world. I am published, I have presented at several conferences. In fact maybe you can check out the paper I co-authored this month in Microbiology.

Quote:
In which case I'd say your about as qualified to comment on the technical complexities and risks asscoiated with needle biopsies as the next lay person.
Who commented on the technical complexities and risks associated with needle biopsies. I merely posted several references that said exactly the opposite of what your friend said.

You can say whatever you would like and that is your opinion. Since I do not know you and you have not written anything intelligent to add to this conversation then your opinion is unimportant to me as well as others trying to learn.

For the interested readers I spent over four years doing small animal surgeries(including biopsies).

Since you questioned my scientific background I would like to question yours and your ability to pose relevant questions and provide some pertinent information to the conversation? If you cannot provide any then please kindly exit the conversation. People are trying to learn, including me and you are halting that process. Anybody who would like to have a productive conversation about locating Adenovirus negative colonies please continue.

Old 04-07-2007, 06:24 PM   #64
shrap
Look Dawg,

I am trying to stay out of this thread, but you keep saying I am wrong. What was I wrong about? You never said EXACTLY WHAT I WAS WRONG ABOUT. Please tell me what I was wrong about. First you said I was biased and couldnt back it up, then that I was wrong, but not what about. So please back up your accusations.

Wrong about what? What tests CheriS was referring to? GO ASK HER WHAT SHE WAS REFERRING TO IF YOU DONT BELIEVE ME.

About liver biopsies in live small animals.... MY VET PERSONALLY TOLD ME THAT IN MANY SMALL ANIMALS THE PROCEDURE CAN BE FATAL.

And testing the liver of a dead animal may not be called a liver biopsy, if I am wrong about that then excuse me. But I dont know every medical term in the book.

Old 04-07-2007, 06:36 PM   #65
jsrocket
Well, someone stated that she knew of 2 better tests than the nested PCR, for detecting AV in beardies. That's what got these festivities going, and since she's currently absent, it led to speculation (including from myself), what those might be.

I don't know the answers, But I agree that a civil discourse would be nice.

Old 04-07-2007, 06:44 PM   #66
shrap
Jim,

I gave a simple solution for folks to get clarification about those tests. To email her, cheris@reptilerooms.com , and ask her. Yet not one person has done so. Why? If people really wanted the facts about what she was saying you would think they would email her. Guess the facts were not their primary reason for being here.

Dawg,

I have now asked you twice to back up your accusations about what I was wrong about. Both times now you have completely avoided answering. Why? Dont you think you should back up your accusations?

Old 04-07-2007, 06:45 PM   #67
jsrocket
Two things:

Sammy, I don't think the remark about being biased was directed at you.

He was disagreeing with your statement that liver biopsies can't be performed on small animals. I wouldn't have thought so, either, but obviously they can.

Old 04-07-2007, 06:48 PM   #68
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrocket
Two things:

Sammy, I don't think the remark about being biased was directed at you.

He was disagreeing with your statement that liver biopsies can't be performed on small animals. I wouldn't have thought so, either, but obviously they can.
Jim, I NEVER said cant. I said on MOST small animals that procedure itself could kill the animal.

Old 04-07-2007, 06:49 PM   #69
jsrocket
Then, I think it was a simple misunderstanding.

Old 04-07-2007, 06:53 PM   #70
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrocket
Then, I think it was a simple misunderstanding.
I am more than willing to accept that. If he would just say that instead of repeatedly posting that I am wrong, but not saying what I am wrong about.

I aint some hard headed ego maniac that cant admit when they are wrong. I just want to know what I am wrong about.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!