My 1st Boa Breeding Attempt - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-18-2010, 10:04 PM   #21
Twizted Paths
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metachrosis View Post
You could cool her down real good so she is in a lethargic
state
She might snuggle up a little then

"Coldness ~ The date rape drug of choice for boas"

Old 03-19-2010, 08:42 AM   #22
mxracer4life
Lol. Date rape drug, I love it! We have unlocked the secret of a "forced" breeding! We can make millions!

Old 03-19-2010, 07:08 PM   #23
Metachrosis
Hopefully everyone takes that "cooling" in jest,
I dont do it or support it for any reason

Old 03-19-2010, 08:15 PM   #24
polasian
Quote:
Hopefully everyone takes that "cooling" in jest,
I dont do it or support it for any reason
You hear that Bell? That's why you weren't successful...because Sargent T doesn't approve.

Without further elaboration on how you came to that conclusion...the only thing that will be taken in jest, is "your post."

You do understand that cooling periods are implemented to stimulate the natural breeding responses of these animals, right? To encouraging captive snakes to breed, its helpful (more like necessary) to mimic the climate of their place of origin. Sure, some will have successful results without any cooling period...however those are the exception...not the rule. Mother nature makes the rules, we just abide by them.

Tell us your secret...how did you train your snakes to ignore this process which guides their instinctual response?

Old 03-19-2010, 08:24 PM   #25
Metachrosis
I didnt learn how to play with snakes "After" I got a computer . . . .
You do it the REDTAILBOAKINGSNAKE.COM WAY and I will continue to do it the way I was suggested to way.

What worked pre 1995 still works in 2010

Old 03-19-2010, 08:33 PM   #26
Metachrosis
Lest you could do is be a man about it all,twisting thread content
to suit your comprehension pretty common in "your crowd"

Dont drag Bell into your childish asshatsandbox

Old 03-19-2010, 08:54 PM   #27
Twizted Paths

YAY! Debate

This may be my first time trying to breed, but I've been keeping boas for aboutish 13 years, balls & natives longer. I've kept both males and females. Both sexes have cycled themselves for breeding ~gone off fed, produced sperm, ovulated against my will.

Despite me jacking up ambient temps, keeping bright lights on, never turning down their hot spot & despite informing them that I am the Human & they will do as I bid.

I don't believe in cooling. I personally don't think it's safe or necessary for boas based on my own personal observation & research. Then again I don't keep my boas in a designated room or building with completely static temps either, they also all get hauled out of their ages to roam around (supervised) & when possible taken outside.

My breeding didn't fail from me refusing to cool, it failed because MiCara wasn't co operating & I refused to risk Fitz there by missing the window.

She ovulated and he was defiantly producing sperm ( tried to breed my arm!) with out either of them being cooled.

...And ya'all can't both defend me from each other

Old 03-19-2010, 09:46 PM   #28
Metachrosis
Well shit Nicky,dont guess she needed "defended" now did she ?
Anyway ...... thats whats cool about forums like Fauna
Fauna will always have its diversity and folks not real concerned whether you like their opinions or not.

I believe Bell(like myself) is "somebody" without snakes,nope our ego's are self made

Old 03-20-2010, 02:35 AM   #29
polasian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizted Paths View Post
YAY! Debate
I wish it were a debate, but he hasn't said anything about cooling, other than it being a joke.

Quote:
I didnt learn how to play with snakes "After" I got a computer . . . .
You do it the REDTAILBOAKINGSNAKE.COM WAY and I will continue to do it the way I was suggested to way.

What worked pre 1995 still works in 2010
Yup...with the wealth of resources at my fingertips, I decided to take advantage of them. Owning a computer is not something I'll apologize for . Hey man, whatever works for you...and apparently that's "do it the way I was suggested to way."

Quote:
Lest you could do is be a man about it all,twisting thread content
to suit your comprehension pretty common in "your crowd"

Dont drag Bell into your childish asshatsandbox
Twisting thread content by asking you to elaborate upon a condescending comment? The content in your post was lacking (to say the least)...not much to twist. Just like you calling me childish, following by asshatsandbox (its a rare talent for one to be hypocritical with just two neighboring words ).

"My crowd?" LOL...you seem very fond of grouping together individuals who don't agree with you...

Quote:
Near impossible to reprogram the jaded reptile forum groupie
once their hard drive is etched

Quote:
then 6-8 months later you find the breeder has sold near 100 of the same thing and done banked another profitable year.Some folks are slow to catch on to shell games in the reptile biz.
Your holier than thou attitude is very apparent. Is that why you regurgitate those sentiments every chance you get?...because the "crowd" isn't worth your time? Or is it just a cop out because you cant substantiate your initial thoughts? You really have no clue what you're talking about, do you?

Quote:
Well shit Nicky,dont guess she needed "defended" now did she ?
Anyway ...... thats whats cool about forums like Fauna
Fauna will always have its diversity and folks not real concerned whether you like their opinions or not.

I believe Bell(like myself) is "somebody" without snakes,nope our ego's are self made :
Mr. T...Bell can handle her own...she is the LAST person who would need defending, this I know . I simply wanted to be educated by you, the wise one (you know, since I do all my herp studies on forums ). I gave you a reason why cooling is relevant, and all you gave me was a bunch of bad grammar. Oh no...that's right, your reason for not cooling is because its was suggested to you. Soooooo grandpappy told you? That's it? That's your secret? Well, thanks for sharing...I'll be sure to pass it on to my kid.

Bell, I'm sorry for hijacking your thread (and for dragging another thread into this one)...I promise not to respond again, unless it has something to do with the topic.

Old 03-20-2010, 03:24 AM   #30
Twizted Paths
Quote:
Originally Posted by polasian View Post

Bell, I'm sorry for hijacking your thread (and for dragging another thread into this one)...I promise not to respond again, unless it has something to do with the topic.

May I remind you that you are now even more guilty than him of straying off topic & by making a huge post about his behavior that you have behaved in a very rude & hypocritical manner.

I have stated some of my reasons behind not cooling & instead of answering a single bloody one of them you chose to instead engage in a personal pissing match & drug a totally unrelated post into it as well.

You guys want to get in a pissing contest each other? I don't care, but do not use me or my threads as the pissing pole.

And his comment about cooling was addressed to me in my thread because he knows I view in it the same manner he does ~ detrimental to the health & well being of the boa & totally unnecessary.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
boas, breeding, cooling, cycling, seasonality