My 1st Boa Breeding Attempt - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-22-2010, 03:15 PM   #41
Metachrosis
Snakes gonna do what snakes gonna do,put a man and a woman in a confined space for an extended period and someones getting pregnant

Attempting a seasonal change by forced cooling of adult animals is where
those that cool miss it.
Boa in the wild do not grow to adult stages then suddenly encounter
a cool down,they live their entire life with the seasonal changes within their regions.
Forced cooling is forced breeding and its done for monetary gain,true animal welfare is the last on many folks agenda.( I M O )

I believe there is more to ambient light manipulation then most that cool
give credit,which is generally done during cooling.
Doing half of a half ass job

So ya ll keep cooling all those fine animals you have stuffed in them fish tanks in the back of those Apartment dwelling closets.

Five years from now you will still be paying rent . . . .

Old 03-22-2010, 06:38 PM   #42
gsrept
so what you are saying there is no cooloing or cycling of light in south america.

Old 03-22-2010, 06:43 PM   #43
gsrept
well from evrything i have read and been told they breed during the cooler rainy season. i have been to brazil in both summer and winter and it is definatly cooloer in thier winter months or rainy season.just point of info.

Old 03-22-2010, 06:48 PM   #44
crotalusadamanteus
They have a rainy season, I don't know if I'd call it much cooler though. Well Panama wasn't anyway. LOL Can't speak first hand about the rest of the countries down there.

Old 03-22-2010, 07:00 PM   #45
gsrept
here is site on temhttp://www.v-brazil.com/information/geography/temperature-graphs.htmlperature fluctuation.

Old 03-22-2010, 07:05 PM   #46
gsrept
there are cooler below 20 at higher altitudes at lower altitudes they run as low as 65 degrees

Old 03-22-2010, 07:08 PM   #47
gsrept
http://www.gate1travel.com/weather/a...s/default.aspx here is a better site that gives average temps for whole region note in some areas below 50.

Old 03-22-2010, 07:09 PM   #48
crotalusadamanteus
I think what Tom was trying to say is, (I'm rusty on my Texan to American translations, so bare with me ) that light cycle is not given enough credit. It may play a larger role then all the other manipulations man tries to accomplish breeding.

Your link is not working either. 404 page not found.

I guess what I was trying to say is, it may be a bit cooler in the rainy season, but it sure didn't feel like it.

Old 03-22-2010, 07:19 PM   #49
gsrept
i would agree with that some what i just believe that i get better breeding responces when i drop temps 5 to 10 degrees my females have had bigger litters like this and produced less slugs i would assume that there is some coralation

Old 03-22-2010, 07:29 PM   #50
crotalusadamanteus
Like I said before, I don't do it, but I know people who won't have success unless they do. Probably a geography thing. Me and Tom both live in relatively similar environments, so not cooling works for us.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
boas, breeding, cooling, cycling, seasonality