My 1st Boa Breeding Attempt - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-23-2010, 10:44 PM   #71
Utta
damn rick! that looks GREAT! but wheres the pond? shouldn't it be BLUE?

Old 03-24-2010, 01:00 AM   #72
Twizted Paths
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utta View Post
damn rick! that looks GREAT! but wheres the pond? shouldn't it be BLUE?

"Cause that's the only thing to fuss about with it

And, yup ~ it's graphed

Old 03-24-2010, 01:12 AM   #73
Shadera
I love it. The only thing it's missing is a little cage for me to live in.

Old 03-24-2010, 02:20 AM   #74
Utta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizted Paths View Post
"Cause that's the only thing to fuss about with it

And, yup ~ it's graphed
it's the only thing that I've found lol. it looks great man.

but I'd section off the sink from the QT area.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:11 AM   #75
crotalusadamanteus
Yeah, my original idea was a bit more elaborate. But that was back when I still had plans of winning the lottery. LOL This one didn't have a pond, just the tubs, and admittedly, I didn't put near as much thought and planning into this quick idea that I did the original. Plus I actually used software for this one, and it is lacking some symbols I needed. But hey, I bought cheap stuff, and you get what you pay for, right. LOL

I had thought of a separate sink in the main room for cleaning, but just never redid the drawing. The whole contamination thing did come to mind though. On those lines, if you enter the Q area, exhaust fans kick on to create a negative airflow from the main room for those possible "airborne" type of bugs. Probably some other features I just ain't thinking of, or would add as I went along.

But I was just playing around with this idea, never really got serious about it.. I never did win that lottery so I could make it all work.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:15 AM   #76
crotalusadamanteus
BTW, I think one thing that was pointed out to me would be the ambient heat created by the bay windows. Makes sense too, I'd have to plan that part out a little better if I was to use this scheme.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:27 AM   #77
Utta
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post
BTW, I think one thing that was pointed out to me would be the ambient heat created by the bay windows. Makes sense too, I'd have to plan that part out a little better if I was to use this scheme.
The ambient temp would actually help, you would need to counter the effects of the humidity % lowering.

You could do like, mirrors re-directing the sun away from your rooms (behind the bay windows and in front of the boa section if you know what I'm saying) into the rest of the room to make it brighter and add some natural lighting instead of all those florescent fixtures you were looking forward too.

Really, wouldn't the bay windows only be affected if the sun was going straight into them? i don't really think (but i am probably wrong) the sun when its at noon would affect them too much.

Old 03-24-2010, 06:49 PM   #78
crotalusadamanteus
Humidity can be countered with exhaust fans and a good air flow. I was thinking an awning of sorts would fix things. As long as it sticks out far enough to stop "direct" summer sun from entering. Winter sun lower on the horizon could help.

Good thing I'm a surveyor by trade. That could come in handy putting the line of the building on the correct axis with the sun. The Egyptians, the Mayans and Aztecs did it with sticks and strings forever ago.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:52 PM   #79
Twizted Paths
Using shade trees outside,as opposed to awnings, would shade the whole building & could provide tasty goodness if they were fruit trees

Banana trees though? Not much positive climbing wise for the boas and can't they only fruit once?

*envisions boas slithering through smushed nanas*

Why not citrus? Good food, different variety, easier clean up, natural deodorizer, good climbing, easy to train (bonsai techniques), flowering.

Egyptians, Mayans & Aztecs were awesome, it's a shame we don't have access to their history.

Your job sounds like it could be interesting

Old 03-24-2010, 09:53 PM   #80
crotalusadamanteus
I just like banana trees. They look neat. LOL Never thought about them coming to fruit only once though. If that's the case, why're there so many bananas in the world? LOL Citrus? Flowers and fruit, yes. But they need bees or bugs don't they? I'm gonna try hard to avoid the bugs.

But the trees weren't meant for climbing anyway. Just aesthetics and humidity.

Surveying is REALLY interesting. Requires some fairly strong math skills, but the only other trade that's older is prostitution. And I get to be outdoors like I like. Only sucks when you're building things for morons, or developing your herp hunting grounds.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
boas, breeding, cooling, cycling, seasonality