My 1st Boa Breeding Attempt - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-25-2010, 07:41 PM   #81
Twizted Paths
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post
I just like banana trees. They look neat. LOL Never thought about them coming to fruit only once though. If that's the case, why're there so many bananas in the world?
Quote:
The true stem begins as an underground corm which grows upwards, pushing its way out through the center of the stalk 10-15 months after planting, eventually producing the terminal inflorescence which will later bear the fruit. Each stalk produces one huge flower cluster and then dies. New stalks then grow from the rhizome.
Misremembered, my bad

Quote:
LOL Citrus? Flowers and fruit, yes. But they need bees or bugs don't they? I'm gonna try hard to avoid the bugs.
Butterflies

Quote:
But the trees weren't meant for climbing anyway. Just aesthetics and humidity.
I want to see you explain that to your boas

Quote:
Surveying is REALLY interesting. Requires some fairly strong math skills, but the only other trade that's older is prostitution. And I get to be outdoors like I like.
Outside & always different are deff pluses, kinda hard to outsource to isn't it?

Quote:
Only sucks when you're building things for morons, or developing your herp hunting grounds.
Yea, people suck.

Old 03-25-2010, 08:59 PM   #82
Helenthereef
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post
LOL I actually thought up a HUGE outdoor enclosure/snake bldg once, complete with skylights, live plants & trees, a pond with a small circulating stream, misters set on timers all over the place like rainfall, exhaust fans for circulation, heated in key locations like dark hide areas, the whole room designed to drain through the lower floor.

One of these days I'll smarten up enough to BUY a place so I can actually build it. I thought this up long before I ever bred an animal though.
Or just move over here? It's all provided!

Old 03-25-2010, 09:02 PM   #83
crotalusadamanteus
Trust me, If I could afford it, I'd already own and be living on my own damn island.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:20 PM   #84
Twizted Paths
Amen.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
boas, breeding, cooling, cycling, seasonality