Sad Day ~ Hypo Brooksi x Eastern RIP - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Kingsnakes & Milksnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-06-2005, 06:57 PM   #1
Sasheena
Sad Day ~ Hypo Brooksi x Eastern RIP

Well I was cleaning cages and feeding and all that stuff, when I found that one of my pair of Hypo Brooksi x Eastern King juvies had passed on. I don't remember if they were labeled by gender when I received them (I don't think so), but the one that passed is, I believe, the female. She refused most meals, but ate just enough for me not to worry too much. Alas, she passed on.

So now I'm going to sell the other. (again, not sure if it's male or female)...

I know that someone (several someones?) in this forum has expressed a very heightened interest in those hypo brooksi x eastern kings that Bluerosy (Rainer) bred last year. So I thought that I would mention in this forum BEFORE I put up a specific advertisement for the snake. I'll have to sell it soon, as the weather is going to start to really heat up here in Arizona in the next six weeks.

Anyway, it's a sad day, and I know I won't be able to find a new mate for my remaining hybrid.

Old 02-07-2005, 05:20 PM   #2
Karen Hulvey
Sad day indeed. Sorry for your loss. I hate it when something dies and you never even had a clue that anything was wrong w/it.

Couldn't you get an eastern king or a brooksi of the opposite sex to breed w/it?

If you still have the one that died, compare it's tail from vent to tip to the other one. The male will have a long, thin tail and the female will have a shorter tail. It's not 100% but on some snakes you can sex them like that.

Old 02-07-2005, 06:30 PM   #3
Sasheena
I do have a 1.2 trio of Floridana, and 0.2 Apalachicola, so I guess I do have some potential mates for it for the future, depending on if it's female or male. It's just discouraging.

The thing is I believe that some of the people who frequent this forum are absolutely GUNG HO for this particular integrade.... and since I got my pair of them as a sort of surprise bonus to a particular deal, they aren't really something I had counted on nor was quite so gung ho over. So if someone else is gung ho and would just LOVE the opportunity to have the one super robust individual I have left, well that's all around good. I would even consider a partial trade/$$ transaction that would include a male Apalachicola (that I would receive, not trade)... see THOSE are something I'm gung ho over.

Anyway *sigh* I'll be considering several options in the future. If nobody leaps at the opportunity to purchase/trade the integrade before the weather gets too hot to ship, then I'll probably just keep him/her/it until the fall, or even forever.

They are really very spectacular looking individuals, I believe that the integrade form of adult is even more remarkable... and the hypo babies possible, if crossed to another het hypo.... sweeeeet! Just not my cup-o-tea.

Guess I'll post an ad in the classifieds section and also the other classified thingie. See what happens.

Old 02-08-2005, 05:47 PM   #4
valarie_anne68
I am so sorry to hear about your snake, I hope that all your snakes that are left are doing good. It is really sad to lose any, but even worse when you don't know why. Hope things look up for you and whatever you wish for as far as the one you have left, will happen. I just hope that it (male or female) goes to a great home where it can get the same tenderness that you have given.

Take care,
Valarie
[b]

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!