Scary stuff - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum

Notices

Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum Survivalism, Livestock, Preparedness, Self Reliant Homesteading, Individual Liberty

Old 12-20-2017, 06:10 AM   #11
wvaherp
I have to agree about doctors seeming to push not only vaccines, but prescriptions. Funny to think about the nber of people who wonder why we have antibiotic resistant bacteria and opioid addiction running rampant...

Interestingly, I've seen the same thing with vets and those expensive (somtimes prescription) dog foods. Though I will say I've had a vet get a lot more pushy about things with one of my dogs. Especially when I asked their opinion of feeding raw (which I had already researched and started supplementing with) because of her extremely sensitive gut. Funny thing in that case was instead of buying the ridiculously priced dog food they pushed, I have been able to keep her from having issues by simply switching to a much more reasonably priced grain-free dog food instead of the prescription diet that was not free of corn, which turns out to be the ingredient that causes her the most problems.

But I digress... When it comes to the actual vaccines for myself I tend not to take them. I also don't take antibiotics unless I feel it's actually necessary. In many ways, I actually think that some of the rampant health problems we have these days can be attributed to not simply letting our bodies handle smaller ailments on their own.

Old 12-20-2017, 07:13 AM   #12
Lucille
Perhaps thoughts that there may be some who would love to make billions by creating new needs for vaccines is too science fiction-y. Perhaps not.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/19/h...&nlid=57474085

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
So the question is, do doctors actually get kickbacks or other incentives from the prescriptions they write? What is their actual incentive for aggressively recommending vaccines?
Well, one 'actual' incentive for chronic prescriptions is the paid visit one needs to make to the doctor periodically to get him/her to renew those prescriptions.
Another incentive is the legal concept of minimal standard of care required from doctors. While they are given a wide latitude of judgment, and are not necessarily liable for poor outcomes, if they do not provide even a minimum attempt of care, they can be in some cases held responsible for such an omission.
To me, a documented offer of a prescription or vaccine offers some protection for very little cost.

Old 12-20-2017, 09:38 AM   #13
wvaherp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Perhaps thoughts that there may be some who would love to make billions by creating new needs for vaccines is too science fiction-y. Perhaps not.

I saw that article as well. Didn't think of it the way you did there, but there are those in this world I wouldn't put it past.

Engineering viruses like that is yet another one of those things that I really don't think we should tempt fate with. AI is another one. I mean, yes, there were those that had similar feelings about any number of previous scientific advances that could have wiped us out, but many of those still could as well. It seems to me we should try and temper our arrogance about "playing god," lest we end up going to meet him en-masse... Though there is no doubt in my mind that there are those who would prefer we do just that.

Old 12-20-2017, 01:15 PM   #14
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post

Well, yeah, THAT certainly gives me a nice warm and fuzzy feeling! Of course, government panels NEVER make mistakes, now do they? And it's not like things haven't already happened that have negatively altered the world we live in, have they?

Shouldn't the research be targeting how to make such pathogens LESS dangerous instead of MORE dangerous?

On a more mundane note, I have often thought what a boon it would be for the Kleenex company if their products were infused with some sort of pathogen that promotes a runny nose.......

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!