Sous Vide!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Chuck Kimmel's "What's Cooking?" Kitchen

Notices

Chuck Kimmel's "What's Cooking?" Kitchen Whats Cooking: A cooking forum designed for fauna members to share recipes and other culinary delights with each other. Bon Appetit!

Old 01-09-2017, 10:46 AM   #1
Casey Hulse
Sous Vide!!

I have to tell people,
I got a Gourmia Sous Vide pod for Christmas, You put it on the side of a large pot of water, and it controls the precise temperature of the water, and circulates it. You package some piece of seasoned meat in a vacuum sealer, put it in the pot of water, take it out, brown it in a hot pan or on the grill, and it is amazing!! It is the best meat we have ever eaten, we have tried steak, chicken breasts, pork tenderloin, all were fork tender and cooked to perfection, for example, a 1" thick T-Bone, you would cook for 2hrs at 131 degrees, and it cooks the whole steak inside and out the exact temp for mid-rare, no raw interior, tender moist and juicy! I bought some huge chicken breasts the other day, 4hrs at 147 degrees, moist juicy, and you can cut them with your fork!. This is the perfect way to cook "dry" cuts loin round, breast etc..
.If you like MEAT, you have to try one!! No guff!!

Old 01-09-2017, 12:44 PM   #2
Robert Walker
I had to stop reading part way through. I'm on my new years diet and the meat descriptions are killing me!

Old 01-09-2017, 12:49 PM   #3
bcr229
I have the all-in one machine. If I had it to do over again I'd have gotten the pod that goes into the pot of water.

I've done fish filets, steaks, and chicken breasts with it, the fish and beef were excellent. I prefer my chicken done in the pressure cooker.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!