Reptiglo 10 flourescent tube bulb: NEW TEST results - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-20-2007, 01:27 PM   #11
Drache613
Hello

Hello,

Oh great!! No, Dr. Baines wont mind at all! In fact, she is putting off writing her report for a few more days to compile more data to report to the company. So you are definitely helping!! I am sure that there are more cases but not everyone is online to view it.
Wow poor Mr. Wizard's eyes, that is so sad!
Yeah, that would do it, the ability to get that close to the light is what causes the photo kerato conjunctivitis for sure. The lights just shouldn't put out the low wavelength though, so, hopefully there will be enough evidence & cases for her to go to them with!
I am surprised that it took 2.5 months for it to fully develop. He was probably having some trouble like you said, before it got real bad because he lost weight, etc.
As long as he is back on the right track, that is awesome. His hipbones should start to fill out when his eating is 100%. I am just so glad you figured out the problem in time before it was too late.
The vets do need to be aware of these types of problems, too. Thanks for helping out.
Thanks for posting the picture too, that really helps. I am sure that there have been alot of cases that have gone unknown. I am so infuriated that the companies have no morals it seems. They just are not putting enough time or effort into the safety aspect of the lights to do enough testing prior to putting them out for sale.
I only hope that I am helping, as it seems not too many people always read reports. Frances is awesome. She has really helped me with lighting, technical stuff & is very caring. I am trying to help her as much as I can, too.
Don't hesitate to ask for anything, & I will try to help as much as possible.

Tracie

Tracie

Old 12-16-2007, 08:33 PM   #12
lilacdragon
Exoterra Reptiglo 10.0 tube

Hi, Tracie and Maggie.

I'm Frances Baines, researching uv lighting for reptiles. Thanks, Tracie, for introducing me to FaunaClassifieds and for all that you're doing here.

Hi. Maggie. I just sent you an email to ask for more details about Wizard, for my report.

If other readers have any concerns about any UVB lamps -tubes or compacts - from any company, then do write a post and describe what lamp you have, and what you're worried about. Tracie is collecting links to your posts and sending them to me..... I can't always answer individual posts but if I can help, I will.

All the best,
Frances

Old 12-16-2007, 09:12 PM   #13
LakesideBoas
Thank you...

Again, Dr. Baines from myself and Mr. Wizard.

As most people here are either serious herpers/hobbyists or Breeders/ Dealers we would be more likely to read a report such as yours.

The benefit I can see happening is by your diligence and your education of the companies the customers of those selling their products will have more healthy and successful relationships with their pets. If Johnny gets a "lizard" and it dies on him Mom's not likely to get him another based on one of a few assumptions: either "they're too hard to keep", "I'm not taking an "X" dollar "lizard" to the Vet" and/or "You didn't care for it properly".

Being involved in the veterinary field myself, I am starting to think back to some of our clients, clients who did "everything" "right" and still lost their pets or gave them to me thinking I could "care" for them better than they or sold them due to expenses. How many of these well meaning dedicated pet owners were the victim of this same malady?

To be honest, if the report had not been posted and one more vet visit been scheduled around the same time as I read the links, I may not have put it together so soon. But, as soon as I started reading a flood light went on!

It was amazing the complete turn around in only a few days time of me changing the bulb and rearranging his habitat so he couldn't over-expose himself again that he started acting like...well...like a frilly!

Thanks again (I can never say it enough!) BOTH of you for caring enough to help others even with your busy schedules.

Even though they can't talk, the critters thank you too.

Old 12-16-2007, 11:55 PM   #14
Drache613
Hello

Hello Frances,

GREAT to see you on here, thank YOU!

Maggie, how is Mr. Wizard doing now? Is he back to normal yet?
I am so glad that we caught it in time.
If you need anything at all, don't hesitate to ask. Thank you for helping Dr. Baines & I in collecting data for research. I am so glad that you came on here & saw my post.

Tracie

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!