Bad Guy Scammed by J. Daniel / Herpterra - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-21-2009, 03:53 AM   #21
snakebite33308
if i can, if u don't have his phone number as to date, i can get it for you. j daniel tried to scam me into working for him and throwing all my breeder boas into the deal when he first started herpterra. i have a good friend who is well acquainted with mister j daniel, and to tell you the truth i plain out don't like him.

Old 06-21-2009, 09:46 AM   #22
mvite
Well--It's been 8 days since the beginning of this thread--and J. Daniel of Herpterra has not acknowledged the BOI. There's no doubt that both he and his partner know of this customer service issue.

Does everyone know what that means?

That means that J. Daniel of Herpterra has deemed himself a turd.

OP-Don't let this thread die! Google will save at least a couple people of falling victim to this scumbag.

Old 06-21-2009, 11:08 AM   #23
Vitalisse
He still had a good guy certificate. Seems like there is only one vote, and it was him voting for himself...LOL!

I think it's safe to say he is a bad guy at this point. Even if he didn't have the funds to complete the refund at this time, he could have at least contacted the OP to try and work something out. His silence speaks volumes.

Old 06-21-2009, 12:35 PM   #24
LauraB
As already pointed out, his website,www.herpterra.com, is now offline.

His forum portal, www.middletnherp.lefora.com, is also offline now.

His forum pubic use page (the ones I got the earlier screen shots from) is now member sign-in only.

Luckily for everyone he forgot this one: http://www.midtnherps.com/Home_Page.html.
No doubt it will be down soon, so I got screenshots of every page.
(Bets on how quickly anyone? lol)

He's also soliciting donations, in the form of "loose change". Kind of like the "loose change" he stole from the OP maybe?

Again, per a post he made publicy, in writing, on June 9th, for "anyone" .. his new cell number. Not that he will answer it, of course....
"Anyone that wants to get ahold of me call my new number I apologize for the inconvienience but I am back in the circle lol 615 750 3726".

The members of his "society" really should know exactly what/who they have aligned themselves with so they aren't unwittingly aiding liars, scammers and thieves ... Jay Daniel and Melissa Davenport.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:06 AM   #25
trobeast
Thank you so much, everyone - I am going to try and give him a call soon. I'm not going to hold my breath, especially as he's seen fit to remove and lock down all the sites he runs.

I guess $226 is the price of his reputation.

I've got plenty more screenshots coming up, it's just taking a while to compile them all!

Old 06-22-2009, 08:58 AM   #26
trobeast
Screenshots, part 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakebite33308 View Post
if i can, if u don't have his phone number as to date, i can get it for you. j daniel tried to scam me into working for him and throwing all my breeder boas into the deal when he first started herpterra. i have a good friend who is well acquainted with mister j daniel, and to tell you the truth i plain out don't like him.
Matthew - I'm curious for details on this, if you don't want to post here, feel free to PM or e-mail me.
Thank you for the offer, too. I have his phone number as posted below by Laura, so, we'll see...

And now, more screenshots.

Mar. 14, 2009: Contact with J. Daniel about my final payment and initial delivery date. I originally blurred out his phone number, but I forgot later... oops; that phone number is defunct anyhow... otherwise, obviously, my address is blurred out.

Mar. 24, 2009: The day my python was supposed to arrive. There's a few things I'd like to point out with this image - one, that there was no further contact from J. Daniel between Mar 19 to this morning (the 24th), not even a "I just mailed it!" notice on the 23rd. Two, note the times on the first two messages; it's a minor thing, I suppose, but I was really irritated it took him all day to get back to me. (I just figure, myself, if I was mailing live animals, I'd be waiting by the phone/computer in the morning to make sure all arrived safely...)
This is also where we agreed he would send me a pair of leopard geckos as reimbursement.

Mar. 30, 2009: The day before the second attempt at shipping my snake. Again, no contact between his last message (the 26th) to my message sent on the 30th.
I was irritated he didn't let me know my shipment would be delayed until I contacted him the day he was supposed to send it out.
The 31st he informs me the animal I'd purchased was dead, and I ask for a refund.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:10 AM   #27
trobeast
Screenshots, part 3.

Forgot to mention, in part 2: As the last screenshot shows, my computer crashed at the end of March, and it took a week before I got fixed and running again (on April 8). I thus did not have internet access to even let anyone know my computer was S.O.L.; nor at any time during that week did J. Daniel attempt to contact me.

Apr. 10, 2009: After no response for two days when I did get my computer back - and seeing he'd been active here on Fauna's very own forums - I sent him a PM through Fauna (again, on my previous screenname of 'fuzzworm'):

Apr. 13, 2009: Still no response. He'd still had active "last logged in" times on Fauna. I sent the same message through both e-mail and PM here:

Old 06-22-2009, 10:39 AM   #28
Twizted Paths
Did you try this one? I didn't see it posted anywhere. The link to the page I got it from is below it.

Join today!
Call (615) 495-4029
Middle Tennessee Herp Society
330 Cherry St
Madison, TN 37115
http://www.midtnherps.com/About_Us.html

Old 06-22-2009, 11:29 PM   #29
TrulyRare
Ok, well I can tell you I'm not happy about this. And I can tell you I'd been debating, because of my OWN personal opinion and experience with J.Daniel to possibly just remove him from my website completely. They also felt the need to PUBLICLY say my Herp Society stole idea's from them, but if any one knows the entire situation, I was browsing Nashville craigslist and saw an ad he had up for T's and sent him a message and got to talking and he joined MY site. He started his Society long after mine was already in order. But that's not the argument at hand. My point is, that I feel I will prob end up banning him, because of his own actions on my site now, and the way he is treating his customers and the people who are suppose to be feeding him.

As you know, I messaged him to let him know about this thread and I felt he needed to address it, because I don't like thieves. I hate liars...and I don't feel what he done to this lady was right, and he should fix it. I don't want to support someone on MY site if they do people this way, as I would ANYONE of my members as I don't feel that's someone I want affiliated with. Well today he proved he knows about this thread.

I know IP addresses aren't exactly set in stone as proof, but this someone joined the forum today with the name reptinoob. Then posted they are new to snakes and have a corn snake and posted a fake name and such, then went to our chat room on our site and had a conversation with some of our members specifically for THIS thread. About HerpTerra. Well doing a IP search, guess what comes up. The same exact IP address as HerpTerra and Reptinoob.

I feel that he knows about this thread for SURE and can't deny it, and is now looking to see and fish around with my members to see what they would say about him.
Personally I think it's foremost CHILDISH and is not something I'm willing or wanting to put up with. You don't come on my site and make up a fake name and fake story behind who you are so you can spy around. That is not the type of person I want to deal with.

I'm NOT a member on his site, and if I did join I'd join with my name.

Now if it's ever brought up, I posted a warning about him on my moderator section of my website, and I fully admit I should have handled myself better in what I said and prob said it to him instead of my mod's. It was not made public and no one else but the few ppl on my site who were mods could see it, but more or less I was looking to figure out how to address the issue and approach him and I was warning people of my own experience with him and his animals that I saw with my own eyes. I was not professional in my manner, and I bring that out now, so it's not brought up later. But I did say it to him myself, after one of my moderators told him what was said and sent him copies of such. I was mad and prob went a bit over board on what I said in the threads, but in such anger of the actual condition of the animals after being able to mess with them and actually see how many stuck sheds there were, I was not a happy person and found his excuses total BS. After he got the things I said, the first message he sent I got was ok in words, but his second response after mine (In which I didn't cuss was straight to the point and said what i wanted to say) which his response wasn't a good one as I thought in the first place, as well as we "settled" and got along, but soon after that, the bashing of my site started on his.

I bought some Adult Amazon Tree Boa's and I prob shouldn't have purchased them, but..I drove all the way to Nashville for these snakes...on Valentines Day, but the condition of them I was not happy with. I like to never got the stuck shed off the Male, the female shed came off a bit more easier than his. These animals were extremely dry in their 10 gal enclosure, they were in when I got there, to his residence. That's not a good excuse to use I can't get the humidity right, when it's like dry as dirt. And stuck shed is strug out threw out the enclosure. I knew they weren't in the best of shape, but I also felt, I should get them out of the situation. So I know, I saw the animals I bought them, but..I still have them and they are doing a WHOLE lot better. And I'm glad I got them so I know they are now in better shape than they were in the conditions at hand.

I would say more information, about the rest of the conditions of the Other animals but I'm not going into that at this time.

I felt I needed to bring this information to you guys so you know he's quite aware of this thread and is now "fishing" my members for information, to see what they think of him.

I mean really is a lil over 200 really worth your good name in the business? I know for a fact the BOI affects businesses and people's sales. I know for a fact there are a few people I've read about on here a BUNCH Of times, that I would not give my business to.

I know no one's perfect and things come up, as just as for me, my mom was in the hospital and people got laid off, and my plans had to make a quick change, but..If you email someone to let them know, it's completely different, not just pretend it's going to go away. I'm sorry but I would make sure I got my 200 something back, and if you wanted, I've been to his house, you could fly out and I'd take you there and see if you could get it face to face. I know I would. His addie is still in my GPS.

here's the screen shot, of the IP Address match.

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/6048/ipquery.jpg

Old 06-23-2009, 12:01 AM   #30
Vitalisse
If you watch the Nashville Craigslist he posts at least once a day. He had a big stock list with rock bottom pricing. I didn't get a screen shot because it was flagged before I got home, but he had tegus for like $40. Looks like the rat is jumping ship.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
herpterra, j. daniel