Pygmy rattler - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-04-2015, 08:58 AM   #1
Greg1234
Pygmy rattler

So I have a Pygmy and am safe with i but am curious about how bad getting taged by it would be. I have read about people's dogs getting bit by them and can't fined any thing about an adult getting bit any thoughts

Old 01-04-2015, 09:42 AM   #2
yasin
All venomous snake bites should be taken seriously as indirect complications like anaphylactic shock are always possible. What species do you have?

Old 01-04-2015, 09:59 AM   #3
Greg1234
Sistrurus miliarius barbouri

Old 01-04-2015, 10:04 AM   #4
Greg1234
When ever I look it up all I fined is posts of people being bitten by different species

Old 01-04-2015, 11:05 AM   #5
yasin
It can cause blood clotting aside from swelling and pain. Probably won't be life threatening but be careful. Use tools, don't free handle a pit viper.

Old 01-04-2015, 11:09 AM   #6
Greg1234
I use tools thanks for getting back to me

Old 01-04-2015, 11:29 AM   #7
yasin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1234 View Post
I use tools thanks for getting back to me
No problem. Enjoy the pig, I had one once, cool little things.

Old 01-12-2015, 06:52 PM   #8
Karma Kritters
Dusky Pigmy bites hurt. As long as you are not allergic not generally life threatening. They are very fast strikers. Do not try to pin and pick one up behind the head as they are prone to unhinging their jaws and poking with one fang into your finger. I have seen this many times. Use restraint tubes if you need to sex or inject them for any reason. They bite more people in my area than any other venomous snake but rarely make the news. Just be careful and enjoy. If this is your first hot don't get cocky and think you can reach in the cage for something because it has gotten tame (lol) she's just waiting you out.

Old 01-12-2015, 09:51 PM   #9
Greg1234
So did the people u saw get tagged need anti venom and a big hospital trip ?

Old 01-14-2015, 06:23 PM   #10
Karma Kritters
I myself would not let them give me antivenin for a pigmy bite. Antibiotics and pain meds at the most for me. The hospitals here love to give it to everybody no matter how mild or dry the bite is. I am more worried about the side effects of it than the bite.
I have only been bitten once by a hot. A pigmy actually on the foot. It will give you an all new respect for instant pain. I was young and walking around barefoot in the woods. Lesson learned. The best thing to remember is stay calm and at least get monitored incase of a bad reaction. The most dangerous snake bite in the world is the one that just bit you.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!