does this look like ovulation to yall - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-09-2011, 03:19 AM   #1
sweetsnakes
Question does this look like ovulation to yall

This girl hasn't been with a male since I've owned her bout 3weeks but she was with a lemon pastel before I got her I haven't put a male to her cause I'd like her bigger shes 1150 grams before I bread her but I found her like this a little bit ago and to me looks like a mid body swell what do y'all think?
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 04-09-2011, 03:24 AM   #2
snakesRkewl
Looks like a whole body swell, I don't see an ovulation.

Old 04-09-2011, 03:33 AM   #3
sweetsnakes
Lol ya she has been a good feeder and just checked her card and have had her for 6 weeks she ate like a horse every week but hasn't eaten the last 2 weeks when I have offered her food. Honestly its all good if she is gravid but would almost prefer she wasnt cause its late in the season and i want to get some weight on her have big plans for her this coming season

Old 04-09-2011, 03:57 AM   #4
snakesRkewl
Good luck with her

Old 04-09-2011, 09:55 AM   #5
GreenCountryHerp
Doesn't look like an ovulation to me, but I have been fooled before

Old 04-09-2011, 01:13 PM   #6
Abby
Not ovulation, but she could be building up to one. I've noticed my females swell for about 10 days before they ovulate. An ovulation is unmistakable when you do see one. Here is a female who just ovulated here on 4/7, I took some pics of her a few days before, and then a few hours before. Maybe these pics will help someone

on 4/4

on 4/7 a few hours before her ovulation (photo at 10:30 am approx.)

on 4/7 around 3:30 pm, full blown ovulation. Notice how skinny her tail is.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:28 PM   #7
rcpreis3
Now that is a good time lapsed photo sequence of an ovulation. And one of the best pics of an ovulation I've seen yet! And shes pretty and light colored to boot! What did u breed her to?

Old 04-10-2011, 12:56 AM   #8
Abby
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpreis3 View Post
Now that is a good time lapsed photo sequence of an ovulation. And one of the best pics of an ovulation I've seen yet! And shes pretty and light colored to boot! What did u breed her to?
Thanks She is gorgeous, her color is very strange. She has a coppery green tint to her. Maybe some of her babies will come out like her. She was bred to my male Huffman should lay 5 eggs.

Old 04-10-2011, 01:32 AM   #9
rcpreis3
Niiiiice! Ur really putting that huffman to work arent ya! Dont worry I would be too!

U should start a thread about her progress so we dont totally jack this one! lol. Id like to know how these babies turn out to sastify my own curiosity. If u dont mind sharing that info that is.

Old 04-10-2011, 04:35 AM   #10
Abby
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpreis3 View Post
Niiiiice! Ur really putting that huffman to work arent ya! Dont worry I would be too!

U should start a thread about her progress so we dont totally jack this one! lol. Id like to know how these babies turn out to sastify my own curiosity. If u dont mind sharing that info that is.
haha, yes. The Huffman was my only male breeding this year

I will start a thread when I see eggs, it will include all previous progress photos as well. Hopefully I'll be able to do the same for my other girls breeding too shortly!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!