Lobster Roaches - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-15-2004, 03:29 PM   #1
diablohogs
Question Lobster Roaches

ive been researching different food item possibilities for leopard geckos and i came across Clay Davenports website and noticed he sells lobster roaches for feeding to chameleons and beardies...

i emailed him and he said he personally has never tried feeding lobster roaches to leopard geckos being as he stopped caring for leopard geckos before he started breeding the roaches...

my question is:

has anyone here had any experince feeding lobster roaches to leopard geckos and if so what was the outcome...did they respond well to them?

i get the feeling that they would like them...but im just guessing.

any input would be helpful. thanks.

Old 04-15-2004, 03:45 PM   #2
E2MacPets
They are the staple diet of most of my breeders, along with superworms.

Old 04-15-2004, 03:55 PM   #3
Xavier
Re: Lobster Roaches

I breed orange head roaches, I intended to use them for leos. But having them now for 6-8 months I'd think they would be a hassal as a staple diet for leos. They are VERY ACTIVE RUNNING ALL OVER AND I will use them for nothign more than treats.
Xavier

Old 04-15-2004, 06:24 PM   #4
WingedWolf
Lobsters. :)

I'm also feeding my leos a staple of lobster roaches and mealworms. The adult roaches aren't too large for an adult leo that has some heft (45+grams), but are a bit difficult for leos smaller than that. Fortunately, a thriving colony will have roaches in all sizes.

They can be difficult to extract from their container without losing some, but then again, so are crickets. And lobsters don't jump. I've not had any problems with escapes, they don't set up housekeeping in your walls or anything. I usually use a tall plastic cup, and shake them into that, then dump them out of the cup into the leo cages. The leos love hunting them down.

Old 04-15-2004, 09:14 PM   #5
riverjop
Question hey Chad

whats Clay Davenports website address they sound way better than crickets.....what?....what did you say?.....I can't hear you with all these dam crickets cirping away!!!!! LOL
let me know.....quick!

Old 04-16-2004, 02:45 PM   #6
Bryan Self
Here you go. http://www.arbreptiles.com/

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!