new gecko - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Leopard Geckos

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 06:04 PM   #1
justfred87
new gecko

Im not too worried about this but just for my own satisfaction i wanted to see if im doin everything right. i just bought a new gecko (female) and shes is the cage with my gecko ive had for about a year now (male). they are getting along fine however the female i just bought is about 1 month old maybe older. she diddnt eat today however it is her second day in her new surroundings. i separate the two when i tried to feed them, the male ate fine but the female wasnt caring much about the crickets at all. not too worried but was wondering if anyone has any input?
  Contact User Check User
Old 06-23-2008, 06:05 PM   #2
justfred87
by the way they are both leopard geckos
  Contact User Check User
Old 06-23-2008, 08:48 PM   #3
cbill111
try mealworms or something else. I've had leo's that would not eat crickets at all

Old 06-23-2008, 10:17 PM   #4
defcon222
Here's something you may want to do (if you haven't already):

Remove both leos from the cage and change the setup. Move hides, change the light locations etc. Then re-introduce each leo to the cage. This will remove any territorial disputes that may or may not happen, each leo will think they 'moved' to a new location. This may help. It might also be the fact that she's still new to the cage.

Old 06-24-2008, 10:32 AM   #5
LizzyLeoLover
Is your female around the same size as your male? If she's not, you should have a different terrarium for her. If your male appears to be bigger it's more likely there will be territorial disputes between them. Make sure you have enough hides for both, or atleast enough room. Technically, each gecko should have two hides, but I have three in mine and and I havent had a problem because they have the decision of which hide they would like to go to. I wouldn't handle her too much because being in a new enviroment, her stress levels are probably up. She's probably not going to eat until she gets comfortable, especially if the male is bigger because it could be intimidating to her. I'm sure the more she matures, the better it will be for both of them. Just watch when she begins to mature, if she doesnt want to breed, you'll have little nit-picky fights between them. If that happens separate them. Otherwise, you're doing fine.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread