Mystery solved! - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-13-2004, 03:17 PM   #31
riverjop
Talking Mine are all named after

Rock stars or famous people. Hopefully it'll help them get a cricket when they move out on there own!

Old 04-13-2004, 04:06 PM   #32
diablohogs
Red face SPOT?

SPOT is my ray hines/ Albey male from marcia that i bred to my Ric female. my other Ric female was bred to JULIUS a screaming tang from VMS that was bred from Bell stock purchased directly from Ray Hines himself.

Old 04-13-2004, 04:16 PM   #33
robin d.
does ric actually ptofuce these animals or does he buy and broker them? i find it hard that a breeder could mis sex leos that large i could see a broker mis sexing though also, it seems odd but in my opinion all his pics look WAY off like they werer doctored or taken under funky lighting i dont know... everytime i see his post i stay away from em like the plauge and laugh at the obvious off pictures.... <font color=red>[**censored**]</font> i got bad eyes i MEAN bad and i can sex15-20 grma leos

Old 04-13-2004, 05:36 PM   #34
riverjop
AS FOR THE COLOR OF THE PICTURE'S

I can't speak for the other gecko (advertized as a male "zorro")
But My "Winston" now "Wilma" LOL Is every bit as colorful as the picture! extreme orangey tangerine color No way was the picture any different than the animal, a very awsome leo if I don't say so my self! ask snakebyt if his colors are right on!
I don't know for sure if Ric breeds them or not, I was under the assumption that he did. (I will try to find out). I met Ric in Cour de' Lene and picked mine up directly from him. (wish I would have gotten both females at the same time.....) Oh well!!!$$$$$
He was very nice and primarally works with box turtles, or so I was told. By the way I just now recieved a nice hypo-tangerine "MALE" and he looks nice! huge head! not as orange as Wilma but real nice.

Old 04-13-2004, 05:57 PM   #35
diablohogs
Quote:
By the way I just now recieved a nice hypo-tangerine "MALE" and he looks nice! huge head! not as orange as Wilma but real nice.
From Ric?

i can vouge for the color of Rics geckos. my camera might wash out the color of the geckos more than his does and i dont use a silk handkerchief as a back drop (or is it bottom drop?). i am happy with the geckos i purchased from him and i cartainly would not avoid his geckos like the plague because they are in fact nicely colored, have a nice gentle demenor and are hearty as can be.

Robin i see you jumped on the oppurtunity to bad mouth ric. maybe you and him have personal issues?

not to say that it is okay to mis-sex adult geckos but i think you are being extremely harsh on the guy considering you arent the one who recieved the gecko, nor do you know what steps ric is taking to fix this mishap. cut the guy some slack at least until you hear what hes willing to do to resolve this. Ric is in fact a very nice guy and probably doesnt deserve to be bashed like this.

p.s. he does in fact breed them himself. not only that but he breeds everything he feeds his geckos as well.

Old 04-13-2004, 06:25 PM   #36
Snakebyt
i have seen him posting geckos for a few years. They have always been really outrageouscolored. I have seen pics of his geckos that others have taken and the colors look decently accurate. Different people take pics differently so the colors are going to off a little. I am still pleased with thjis animal colorwise. while it is not as orange as in the pics, i do not feel that the pic has been messed with.
I am really happy with the animal overall, and im sure ill end up keeping her no matter what. But i still need a male and i am hoping that he will at least make an effort to rectify the situation.

I will post here as soon as i get an email back from him.

Old 04-14-2004, 12:00 PM   #37
Snakebyt
Well i heard back from Ric last night. He was really sorry about the whole situation. Said that if possable he would trade it out even thoughit had been over the usual period that he does anything. Which is totaly understandable. But it seems i bought his last gecko that he sold retail. He has wholesaled all of his geckos and gotten totally out of leopards. But he is going to send me a few cans of miner al.
Overall i am a little bummed about the situation, But we all know its not really a bad thing to have extra, nice females. I got a really good deal on her so im happy. But still going to look for a backup male. But it looks like ill be breeding her to my tang male albino.. should produce some nice strong babies het for hybino...

Just thought i would update you guys.

Old 04-14-2004, 12:20 PM   #38
diablohogs
Quote:
should produce some nice strong babies het for hybino...
actually you will produce hypos het for albino. kinda the same thing except you wont have to bother with normals. either way you'll still make some awesome tangerine hybinos by crossing thier offspring.

Old 04-14-2004, 03:36 PM   #39
robin d.
Quote:
Robin i see you jumped on the oppurtunity to bad mouth ric. maybe you and him have personal issues?
nope no personal issues just personal opinions.... i have in the past seen animals bought from him which do not resemble the pictures at all really more yellow than orange.... and then in a span of what a couple weeks mis sexing two adult animals????
and now saying he is out of leos (what looks to be totally)i have seen his ads seen his animals in person ,once they have been recieved and im not impressed in them at the least........ he charges an arm and a leg for nice tangs but not outragiously colored one.
and who are you anyway chad? his watchdog?
i have my own personal opinions about this whole thing and thats it

you come on here with all your "all knowning", "my shi!t don't stink" attitude........ you argue andinitiate borferline or subdued sarcastic remarks.....

so who are you and for that matter why should i even bother to answer the question of a know it all newbie that apparantly has too much time on his hands.

Quote:
actually you will produce hypos het for albino. kinda the same thing except you wont have to bother with normals. either way you'll still make some awesome tangerine hybinos by crossing thier offspring.

see like this. snakebyte has been doing this long enough to know what he is getting..... now if you had been around a while you would have known that......... he has an amzing collection of animals and as far as im concerned blink and eye at your "all knowning" comments

i think it might be best to just sit back and read and learn before you got posting and spouting off info you know nothing about. you have been wearing on my nerves so i guess this just has been building up and ok so you got it.....

anywho who are you do you breed or sell geckos or snakes? how long have you been producing them? you had reptiles for that matter... i read your posts and they confuse me
and your condescending attitude and sarcastic and combative nature just need to go..
blah

Old 04-14-2004, 04:21 PM   #40
Snakebyt
Wow robin, i didnt know ya had in it you.

I have never seen any of Rics animals in person before i got this one.So far i am pleased with her. I mean, any gecko that is 73 grams at 8 months old is impressive to me. I am hoping that i can pass along some of those "grow genes" to some of my other lines.
I understand how Robin feels though. there are just some people/breeders that rub you the wrong way for whatever reason. and this is the place for voicing it. this is a discussion forum where we can all share our ideas and opinions.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!