What do you use to hold crickets in, while they are in the leos cages? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-14-2004, 09:59 PM   #1
Xavier
What do you use to hold MEAL WORMSin, while they are in the leos cages?

I have yet to find a good way to hold feeders in, please share you knowledge and know how . I want to try ash trays.
Xavier

Old 04-14-2004, 11:49 PM   #2
Clay Davenport
Ashtrays work, I used them some for mealworms when I kept leos.
I also found some food dishes at a local pet store. They were about 4 inches square, but only 1/2" deep or so, they worked well too.
Any type of shallow dish will work. Something the gecko can just walk up to and eat from without having to climb into.
As for the crickets, I just turned them loose in the cage and let the geckos hunt them.

Old 04-15-2004, 12:32 AM   #3
riverjop
craft store

check out your local craft store, ours had some really cool glass dishes that I use for water, there heavy and never tip over, about the size of a silver dollar. Also they had some good plastic clear or white dishes that work great for the mealies and minerals. As for the crickets I also just let them go, I guess it give the geckos something to do.
Oh...I also put one small rock in the water dish so the crickets can climb out........or is it a stone?.....hmmmmm

Old 04-15-2004, 10:58 PM   #4
Bitten
I use a clay plant pot saucer that is GLAZED on the inside. I got it at Home Depot in garden center for 79¢. (Probably available at most garden shops that have agood selection of clay pots!!)

I have also used a small clear glass ashtray, Walmarts 50¢.

Old 04-17-2004, 06:16 AM   #5
Xavier
Quote:
Originally posted by Bitten
I use a clay plant pot saucer that is GLAZED on the inside. I got it at Home Depot in garden center for 79¢. (Probably available at most garden shops that have agood selection of clay pots!!)

I have also used a small clear glass ashtray, Walmarts 50¢.

thanks I bought 10 ash trays they should work great

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!