apology and lame excuses... - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-16-2004, 11:44 AM   #11
robin d.
glen i think you should read the topic this was concerning and your facts behind the whole base of this thread... and every point i have gotten has been well thought out and deserved and if i get banned which i doubt because its not flying off the handle anger... ill pay the ten dollars i will post my feelings and concerns dispite how you or anyone else precieves them

is there honestly nothing on the BOI to police so you have to come over here and be the integrity police over here?
leave it alone man

everyone had said there nasties and it was dieing a slow death before you stirred i back up to the top because in your infinate wisdom you surely could have posted this in a PM.... seems like some sort of alterior motive or pot stiring to me

good day "gentleman"

Old 04-16-2004, 12:09 PM   #12
robin d.
hurry up already.. im growing old here glenn... would you simply respond so we can get on with this since you insist on stirring the pot
jeez make sure and hit the spell check before hitting submit

Old 04-16-2004, 12:55 PM   #13
Glenn Bartley
Robin,

No I was not stirring the pot, at least not intentionally. I was giving someone advice to someone to ignore at least the foul part of your replies, so he would stay happier, and the pot would be less stirred by a continuing argument between he and you. If that stirs your pot, so be it. Now read this, and tell me how this was dying any sort of death, and again tell me who it was stirring that pot
Quote:
i can admit to being a bitch i challenge you to admit your a "douche bag"...
You were not letting anything die off from what I can see, but maybe you think calling someone a feminine hygiene product is a way to let things die off.

As for policing the BOI, that is not what I do, but only what you like to accuse me of doing. I do, however, post as I see fit. I try to do it civilly and straight to the point, and I suggest others do the same. That is my prerogative. Yet I do not have to demean anyone with foul language or innuendo, or prissy fit type name-calling. Nor do see any need I demean myself. You are possibly another story and do apparently, as I see it, take some pride in being a self proclaimed b.... (term for a female dog or a nasty woman) and also continue, in my opinion, to post as you see fit by being rude, crude and nasty to others. Why would you think I am stirring the pot by my opinion being in agreement with, what I see to be, your own self perception (nasty woman not female dog)?
Quote:
i can admit to being a bitch
Maybe I am wrong about how you perceive yourself, maybe I just read to much into what you have written, but you seem to post it every chance you get when you are argumentative, so please correct me if I am wrong.

Furthermore, I was not saying that your posts had not been thought out nor that your argument(s) in this instance were flawed. Maybe the person you called a name does deserve some talking down (I am not saying so one way or another) but can this not be done with a civil tongue or silver pen? I don't say you should not post, but certainly hate to have to read, or even come across what are, in my opinion, your sour, ill winded, short on manners posts. I read posts looking for discussion of issues not for name calling tizzy fits. You can express anger, dismay, or dissatisfaction with someone else without getting nasty, can't you? As to me posting my opinion, posting about you was only a second thought in this instance because of the apparent, at least to me, vehemence you used in attacking Chad. My main point was that he take Marcia's apology as sincere. If you don't like my commenting about that, or about what you posted, it is either tough noogies (since you posted on a public forum), or of course, you can try to be civil. Of course, that is your choice, I only make a suggestion that is would be the better way to go. The latter choice would likely result in my ceasing to post about your being nasty, since you would in effect no longer be posting the nasties for all to see. By the way, who should have posted their comments in a PM? Why should I do so, yet you should be allowed to post them in public? Then again, why should I not be allowed to add my comments to any forum on these boards?
Quote:
…everyone had said there nasties and it was dieing a slow death before you stirred i back up to the top because in your infinate wisdom you surely could have posted this in a PM.... seems like some sort of alterior motive or pot stiring to me
I, by the way, am on no personal vendetta. I post things about such matters when I see them and they are of interest to me. I post about foul language and nasty name calling now and then, and not regarding just your posts. I post about them in public as I have nothing to hide in PMs or emails. I sometimes send PMs or emails but not usually about an open discussion on a forum - I just prefer to be open about my opinions on a forum, and I don't even like receiving PMs about items in a public discussion.

I also have no ulterior motives in posting, my motives have been clearly expressed - your rather colorful posts disturb me and I am hoping to goad you into posting civilly. I am not policing, although I am trying to improve the quality of things that are presented to me on these forums if only because they are presented to me by virtue of my being a member. Apparently my posts disturb you, but yet you have done little to sway your use of colorful language. I am not a saint, I use foul language too, but I try to do it in more appropriate forums, than is this one, both online and in person. I was only hoping you could do the same. I really am not looking to have this erupt into a personal grudge match and, my goal is really not to upset you. It has been, rather, to get you to understand and empathize with those whom you offend by using such nasty language on these forums, which are open to and used by a number of children. (Yes I realize most here are adults but certainly not all, and why fill their minds with more nastiness than may already be there). If you prefer, however, I will try to keep from making comments about your language in the future. I cannot promise I will never comment on such again, especially if it is directed at me, but I will try not to comment on it. I for one will at least try to show some courtesy toward you as I was hoping you would have shown to the rest of us.

Best regards,
Glenn B

Old 04-16-2004, 01:41 PM   #14
Golden Gate Geckos
thanks...

Quote:
I empathize with you completely, but also feel that the apology you received may be genuine because being somewhat of a hothead myself I too can empathize with Marcia. Sure you should be upset, but take the apology for what it is worth and move on.
Glenn, thanks for posting this. You prevented me from posting a venomous response to yet another one of Chad's numerous emotional outbursts and private messages in retaliation of my pointed (yet civil) scolding, and reminded me that my apology was indeed sincere.

Old 04-16-2004, 02:07 PM   #15
diablohogs
Stop! lord give me the strength

Quote:
You prevented me from posting a venomous response to yet another one of Chad's numerous emotional outbursts and private messages in retaliation of my pointed (yet civil) scolding,
marcia...why? cant you see that you upset me by MAKING ACCUSATIONS ABOUT ME. thats why i got upset to begin with. you lied about me. just leave well enough alone.

you hinted at the fact that thier is something wrong with MY husbandry methods which you know nothing about. now with coments like the one i quoted and this one...
Quote:
partly still pissed off at Chad
youre really making youre apology look less sincere. was it merely a show? if your sorry...what exactly are you sorry for? sorry you LIED about having secrets on me? sorry you got involved? sorry you made false claims about knowing me well enough to pass judgment on me? id like to know, marcia, what are you sorry for? because it appears to me that your justifying your actions with your latest post on here and i find that revolting.

youre not the only one here with a reputation to protect. when you post stuff like ...
Quote:
first off, you are right that most of the folks on this forum don't know you. But, remember... I do, and I'm not too sure you would want the 'tightly knit' Leopard Gecko community to know what I know about how you take care of your geckos!
youre obviously going to piss off the person the statement was aimed at. ECSPECIALLY when its not true.

you need to stop talking trash and allow things to die marcia... youve disrespected me and i feel ive actually been somewhat civil about it. youve toyed with my reputation, my credibility, my knowledge and finally my patients. let it die. after all this were certainly not going to be friends but we dont have to be enemies...but you sure are pushing in that direction.

NOW im gonna go watch Kill Bill Vol.2... hopefully when i get back i wont have to deal with more of this crap. hopefully we can move on.

Old 04-16-2004, 03:13 PM   #16
Golden Gate Geckos
OK, you asked for it!

I really am sorry, Chad. Sorry I apologized to you! Your ego is so bruised that you just keep digging yourself further in the hole of "credibility suicide" by not letting this thing go. "Me thinks ye protest too much"... and since you are the one that can’t seem to get over it, HERE GOES!
Quote:
i advise you not to pull your punches if you think you have something on me than i'd like to hear it and im sure everyone else would to... i mean your implying you have some sort of dirt on me... but these are of course empty threats...
Chad, I was not threatening you at all, and even if I was... I do NOT make 'empty' ones when I do! But, I decided to take your “advise” and post just a few reasons “why” I made my original post:

Quote:
no buddy of mine (you should ask the employees at Petacluar Exotics how reliable of a source Rocco is before making statements like that) has ever told you anything that would "bite me in the butt"
Now, where in any thread have I mentioned anybody's name? The very fact that you brought this to light tells me that you are worried about what he might have said!

Quote:
not until you can stop calling up your REAL breeder buddies for price quotes on your geckos.
You told me you wanted one of my female blizzards. I wasn't sure how to price them since their value had come down, so I consulted other breeders who were producing them for a "fair" price for you. You stood me up 3 times to come and pick her up, and proceeded to purchase one from someone else after I held her for you for almost 4 weeks!

Quote:
honestly it doesnt take too much to breed leopard geckos. they are low maintance and do most of the work for you. keep em clean, fed, and hydrated and your good.
This true. BUT! You weren't even giving them calcium until a few months ago (as we 'discussed' in person and on the phone on more than one occasion...) and you can't even wait until your females are past 4-5 months of age before you put them in with a sexually mature male! Remember this thread? http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...threadid=32087

Quote:
i went on a road trip and accidentally left the heat mat on in the dead of a extremely hot summer. i was under the impression that it was off. it wasnt. they died.
You were "under the impression?" It sounds like you are saying, "Oh well!" One of those 'cooked' geckos happened to be an awesome SHT you got from me, and it broke my heart to hear what happened to him. BTW, why was he in with 2 other geckos before his quarantine was up???

Quote:
once i get THIS ALBEY FEMALE aclimated i plan on introducing Julius to her... shes already swinging her tail around like shes ready to breed but i feel it would be best to wait AT LEAST a week before i introduce them.
Wow! A whole week of quarantine! You are in such a hurry to breed them that once again you are willing to risk the health of your gorgeous geckos! If you really were an experienced breeder, you would know that tail waving is a defensive threat... NOT a 'come and get it, big fella' behavior. At least she was born on 9/13/02 and is of breeding age! Let’s see… Julius should be out of his quarantine by 04-22-2004, since you got him on 1/22!!!

Quote:
i have confidence that i can handle the job of working with a decent sized colony of leopard geckos without risking thier health.
Are you sure? Better read the above examples one more time.

Quote:
i on the other hand never owned a single leopard gecko until last spring.... leopard geckos are the BEGINERS herp... im pretty sure ive read that on a few CARE SHEETS!
I guess this really qualifies you as a breeder, all right!

Quote:
trying your damndest to make me look like an amuteur who practices bad husbandry skills. all of which are lies.
I don’t need to try my damndest, Chad. You are doing a good enough job your self... and now you are calling me a liar?

Quote:
what i would call the most well assembled piece of nonscense propaganda ever laid upon me.
Well assembled? Yes. Nonsense??? I think not.

Shall I go on, Chad?

Old 04-16-2004, 04:16 PM   #17
robin d.
glen now if you have taken the time to read the other post you have an idea whats going on if not oh well
let me post what chad said

Quote:
you should spend some of your energy you use to be such a b*tch
now while i could lie and say no not me i was happy and being as nice as possible i know and you know and everyone else knows i wasnt, i was not mad by any means however i will own up to being ermm for lack of a better term "cranky" at times is that better? i am at best extremely blunt you ask and i will answer even if you may not like what i have to say, that is the person i am..... my mother *god bless her soul* used to tell me robin you are brutally honest and i am at time she also used to tell me i was opinionated and i am that as well. i am not one to sit idly by while another user insinuates or passes inudendos off about some of the other forum member especially when i know these are untrue statements.. and them simply back up this info well with no experience or credentials of ANY kind..

Quote:
and also continue, in my opinion, to post as you see fit by being rude, crude and nasty to others.
you must only pick and chose which threads you read that i have posted in, thats all i can say about that

Quote:
what I see to be, your own self perception (nasty woman not female dog)?
actually i am quite a pleasant person but i do however have a short fuse and temper... which is getting better than it used to be but i was just agreeing with chad that i was being ,again, "cranky" except i was using his wording not mine... eh so roll me over hot coals

Quote:
I don't say you should not post, but certainly hate to have to read, or even come across what are, in my opinion, your sour, ill winded, short on manners posts. I read posts looking for discussion of issues not for name calling tizzy fits.
first off if you dont like them do not read em...because trust me you do not HAVE (as you said) to read anything. and it seems when these tizzy fits occur you are one of the first to post about them.

i suggest you do a search for me on this site and my posts and where i got my warning and by the way out me on the boi... very few and far between do i get testy but when i do its usually a good reason
then on the other hand do a search for chad see what you get
and then lets not forget to do a search of your own name, while you may have no points and are so elequent in your posts it seems to me you are one of the first to jump on the band wagon, allbiet correct grammar, and wonderfully wtiten posts stiring the pot or just adding your two cents in.... go ahead and check i already have
i may have points and those points came from three indivdual posts.......... i am not sneaky in my wording or try to side step in my posts... i do not think the usage of those $5.00 dollars words is nessicary... cut to it and say exactly what your point is......... i would fluff my posts out and make them elequent and what not with toungue in cheek snide remarks, scattered within the message butim not like that

like i said do a search on all of use me you and chad on all forums this one BOI and any others and then you come back and tell me more ok?

Old 04-16-2004, 06:06 PM   #18
Glenn Bartley
Quote:
you must only pick and chose which threads you read that i have posted in, thats all i can say about that
As I said I will withhold comment on whether or not I think you are rude from now on as best I can withhold it. But if you think for a minute that I go out of my way to look for posts that you put into these forums, you flatter yourself. Why not go to the webslave and ask him to check the history of what I have looked at and what I have commented on. You and he both have my permission to divulge my deepest, darkest faunaclassified secrets to all. I hope it does not burst your bubble when you discover that your threads and your posts are not as attractive to me as you seem to think. I certainly do not pick and choose from among your threads. I am flattered though that you have chosen to check all of mine as you said you did. If you did that for real, you will have noticed that most of my threads are not in any way related to jumping on a band wagon, but certainly I give my .02 cents in all my posts, that is what we all do in our posts, I think. For anyone to assume that theirs is worth more than .02 cents would be arrogant. Mine may be worth even less to most, but I still like to discuss things, that is the point of joining a forum after all, isn't it! So what if I join in a discussion on a public forum? If someone does not want it public, don't post it publically.

Now I must say thanks for the compliment about how I write. I figure it this way: I paid for most of my graduate education so, I may as well try to express myself nicely. I know my grammar is not as good as it could be, but I do try my best. Thanks for noticing. As for hiding things by inuendo, I don't. I say it straight. What you read is what you get, and is also just what I mean in the great majority of cases. You by the way have not seen a tongue in cheek snide remark from me in any post in which I referenced you.

Well have a nice day, I mean that. As I said I am not looking for a grudge match. I said my part.
Best regards,
Glenn B

Old 04-16-2004, 06:28 PM   #19
robin d.
Glen
you just don't get it do you.?
i wash my hands of you and your apparant civil obligation to policing the world wide web.
your superman-istic self rightous ego, compliments us all and we are for ever in your debt.

i am just a mite in your eyebrow, in your omnipotent, carbon based world.
have a nice day

Old 04-16-2004, 06:49 PM   #20
robin d.
and that folkswas my use of $5.00 dollar words for the day

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!