jungle carpet respiratory infection. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues

Notices

Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues Anything to do with veterinarians, health issues, pathogens, hygiene, or sanitation.

Old 02-18-2012, 02:16 AM   #1
reptilenut69
jungle carpet respiratory infection.

a few months ago a friend asked me if I could breed his female jungle to my male jungle back in december. I was like sure what could it hurt, so little over a week ago I was spot cleaning and saw that my male was breathing with his mouth open. I new as soon as I saw it what the problem was and that this was not good. The next day I got him to the vet and was told he has bad mouth rot and respiratory infection the female also has RI and seems a little worse then my male but no mouth rot.

the male is 8 years old strong breeder and I also would use him in combat to fire up other males, I would not let them fight would pull him out once they square off. Good feeder and very tame. all I know about the female is that she is not tame what so ever. I told my friend about what is going on and he told me to put her in freezer and wary about my snake.

yesterday was the 7th injection of baytril and doing daily cleaning of the mouth and they don't seem to be getting any better. the only thing I did notice is that my male was not happy about his last cleaning and struck at me and that is the first time since he was a baby he did that. the female that is aggressive is not so much now. I have 4 more injections left so what should I do if they are still in a bad way? I did 4 days straight of injections and now its every other day till the 28th I think is my last injection.

what could have caused this? just breeding the snakes? I have 7 other carpets with no problems cooled them down all the same way. do snakes pass colds like people? I know breeding is a lot of stress but still.

also what should I do with the female if she gets better? would it be wrong to ask to keep her since he didnt care? I dont care about the money she was in my care so I am responsible and I will giver her back if he wants her but I have a lot of time into her every day and kinda like her now.

Old 02-28-2012, 11:49 PM   #2
Miranda
My husband has dealt with this in Burmese Pythons. He said he always uped the temperature and it always helped. Hope they both get better

As for the female i would keep her (after he told you to put her in the freezer0 he dosen't really care about her.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!