Animal rights groups- friend or foe of pet owners? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

View Poll Results: Are animal rights groups friends or foes of pet owners?
Definitely friends- AR groups have had a positive impact on pet ownership. 1 1.64%
Could be both- it really depends on which organization we're speaking of. 14 22.95%
Definitely foes. Animal rights groups have had a negative impact on pet ownership. 45 73.77%
I'm not sure, or I need more information. 1 1.64%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-05-2007, 03:11 PM   #1
Hypancistrus
Animal rights groups- friend or foe of pet owners?

Just wondering what everyone's take on this is. It is a topic that has been of immense interest to me for sometime. Please feel free to explain your answer as throughly as you like in a post on thread.

The Question: Do you think animal rights group's should be considered friends or foes of pet owners?

Examples of American animal rights groups include PETA, Animal Liberation Front (ALF), and the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS- the nat'l grouo, not your local/state humane society)

Here is some info on the difference between animal rights and animal welfare- for those who don't know. If you don't know, please read before voting.

The difference between the animal rights and animal welfare movements.

Edited to add: If anyone from Europe or the UK could post a list of sample animal rights groups from your area, I'd appreciate it. It would help people from other countries to vote.