Found a Spider, Identify him/her? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Insects and Arachnids > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Insects and Arachnids.

Old 03-28-2007, 02:24 AM   #1
Mooing Tricycle
Found a Spider, Identify him/her?

okay so i was in my bathroom and i found this cute little brown/reddish spider. he/she was TINY so i bugged him/her a little bit and got it to move around. Got a few of it on my hand too, anyone know what kind of spider it is?
Im just thinking a common house spider, but maybe his specific type? He didnt try to bite me, though... i doubt he could anyway... too small!

anyway. Enjoy!

Old 03-28-2007, 06:18 AM   #2
John Apple
well its a male for sure...looks to be a stetoda sp but it is hard to tell

Old 03-28-2007, 12:09 PM   #3
Giantsfan24
The legs look somewhat like a juvi black widow or an adult brown widow but unless there is an hourglass(red or orange), then it is neither.

Old 03-28-2007, 02:11 PM   #4
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Apple
well its a male for sure...looks to be a stetoda sp but it is hard to tell

I wish i had gotten clearer pictures... He was probably the size of a Dime or a Nickel fully stretched out, wasnt fuzzy at all really... maybe a few hairs here and there, and a little on the abdomen. but he was shiny, and there were no black or orange hourglass marks. I KNEW what a black widow looked like, and unless the males dont have those markings.. i dont think this was one. His body shape reminded me more of a tomato spider or something though.

I actually just googled some images, and i found somone that looks pretty darn close to what this guy is. Maybe the one i found is a Juvi??? but hes certainly got the same leg markings and body shape.... who knows.. Im going to look up the stetoda sp you mentioned John. THANKS!

http://www.ivory.org/spiders/cybaeus.signifer.html

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!