Bad Guy Chris Mossbarger - SCAMMER - THIEF - BAD GUY - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-30-2012, 06:10 PM   #1
Firehouse Serpens
Angry Chris Mossbarger - SCAMMER - THIEF - BAD GUY

I googled "Cinnabee", and got a hit on craigslist, male cinnabee for rehome, so I emailed him. We agreed on $150, Sent the money via paypal, and he said he was ship it. That was the last time I heard from him. He never responded to any of my emails after that. I never received a snake. NOTHING.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/pet/3480559068.html (LINK)
Attached Images

Old 12-30-2012, 06:11 PM   #2
chadharper
I cant read the screenshot on the left, its too small.

Old 12-30-2012, 06:14 PM   #3
chadharper
I saved a screenshot of the ad in case he deletes it:

Name:  CinnabeeScreenshot.jpg
Views: 814
Size:  73.4 KB

Old 12-30-2012, 06:39 PM   #4
Firehouse Serpens
better pic hopefully

Maybe this is better
Attached Images

Old 12-30-2012, 07:12 PM   #5
chadharper
File a claim with PP and dont close it until his has fulfilled his end of the deal.

Old 12-30-2012, 07:13 PM   #6
Fangthane
Benefit of the doubt goes out the window if several days pass with absolutely no communication after payment. Have you opened a PayPal dispute? Since nothing was sent, he can't even provide a tracking number to make it appear as if the transaction was completed. I'd think it would be an easy win for you.

Old 12-30-2012, 07:19 PM   #9
Pink Lady Exotics
Angry

Not only did Chris not ship the snake nor refund Stephen's money or respond to his communication, but he is still advertising the snake for sale and attempting to sell it to other inquiring parties.

I heard of the situation as Stephen posted about it on a popular Facebook group ("Reptile Classifieds - Ball Pythons" -- http://m.facebook.com/groups/111690378850814). I contacted Chris through the CL ad to feign interest in the animal in order to put together some info for Stephen and get through to him. Over the course of MANY e-mails back and forth over the last few hours, Chris told me the Cinnabee was indeed still available, that he bred it and produced it, sent me pictures of what he claimed to be the parents, agreed to sell it to me, and pushed to meet up in a public place ("Fiesta Mall") tonight rather than waiting. He let me know where he lived and gave me his phone number to contact him to let him know where to meet. So while he's been ignoring Stephen's e-mails, he replies to mine immediately, and while he keeps the snake and withholds Stephen's payment, he agrees to sell the animal to me for $100 more and wants to complete the transaction right away tonight. This guy is really something.

I can provide the contact info I gave to Stephen if needed. Chris' e-mail address is mossbargerchris@gmail.com and he is located in Chandler, AZ.

Yes, I have all the e-mails between Chris and myself to back up my statements and will post them if required. I actually just spent the last hour copying and pasting them all into this post and putting them in proper quotes and in order, when my phone decides to shut down all my browser windows and lose everything. I don't have the patience to do it all over again right this second.

I have also discovered other people who report to have been scammed by Chris Mossbarger on another Facebook group ("Bad Guys of the Reptile World" -- http://m.facebook.com/groups/472087812804499) and have directed them to this thread as well.

Old 12-31-2012, 06:48 PM   #10
Pink Lady Exotics
Here are Chris' contact phone numbers. I also have his address if needed but would prefer not to publicly post it. I can PM/e-mail it. He lives on East Ray Rd. in Chandler, AZ.

Phone numbers - 480-516-9708 and 480-855-7884

I have also been contacted by several people that have seen the Cinnabee in person, stating that it has a deformed lip, which Chris never disclosed in his ad nor in any of his e-mails to me.

The first pic attached to this post is the pic of the Cinnabee he e-mailed me, which prompted me to ask for new pics as it was the same as the one in the ad. The 2nd and 3rd pics are the animals he claimed to be the Cinnabee's parents (BumbleBee father, Cinnamon mother). When I replied and said that Cinnamon looked far too small to be a breeder female and asked if he had attached the wrong pic, he sent me another pic and said this was indeed the mother (4th pic).
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!