Bad Guy Vincent Menna AKA Anerythristic - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-22-2015, 09:40 AM   #1
DynamicReptilez
Vincent Menna AKA Anerythristic

I recently purchased a 450+ gram female Cinny Pied from Vincent.
It was shipped September 2nd overnight.
I walked out September 3rd to find the package not on my doorstep but showing delivered.
After looking into it, it either was stolen or misdelivered.
Long talks with FedEx and Mr. Menna concluded that he opted for no signature (without consent, but I can understand why he did that to prevent it from overheating but thanks for the heads up right?) and also opted for no insurance. The cost of the snake was $800, how do you just ship it without saying anything to the buyer when you plan on shipping a snake that cost $800 with no signature or insurance at all?
He didn't state his shipping policies at all regarding the high value snake.
Ok....sure, not everyone thinks of the worst.....

My biggest problem is.... FedEx requires the SHIPPER to complete the claim filing.
They told me that they would have to refund him the money.
Today is the 22nd, instead of trusting his word, I called FedEx to check the status of the claim, they said no claim was ever filed, so he LIED!

And now....he isn't to be heard from. It is so simple as to file a claim, I get my money back and he makes a customer happy and everyone wins.
With him refusing to actually file a claim and lying about it, he gets his money but now I'm out the snake and my original $800, but he doesn't seem to care because he isn't responding.

AVOID A SALE AT ALL COSTS! For me it was a very large cost.

He DID offer me a credit at first.....but he doesn't respond so I wouldn't be able to use the credit if I wanted to!

Old 09-22-2015, 09:51 AM   #2
ElexisC
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicReptilez View Post
I recently purchased a 450+ gram female Cinny Pied from Vincent.
It was shipped September 2nd overnight.
I walked out September 3rd to find the package not on my doorstep but showing delivered.
After looking into it, it either was stolen or misdelivered.
Long talks with FedEx and Mr. Menna concluded that he opted for no signature (without consent, but I can understand why he did that to prevent it from overheating but thanks for the heads up right?) and also opted for no insurance. The cost of the snake was $800, how do you just ship it without saying anything to the buyer when you plan on shipping a snake that cost $800 with no signature or insurance at all?
He didn't state his shipping policies at all regarding the high value snake.
Ok....sure, not everyone thinks of the worst.....

My biggest problem is.... FedEx requires the SHIPPER to complete the claim filing.
They told me that they would have to refund him the money.
Today is the 22nd, instead of trusting his word, I called FedEx to check the status of the claim, they said no claim was ever filed, so he LIED!

And now....he isn't to be heard from. It is so simple as to file a claim, I get my money back and he makes a customer happy and everyone wins.
With him refusing to actually file a claim and lying about it, he gets his money but now I'm out the snake and my original $800, but he doesn't seem to care because he isn't responding.

AVOID A SALE AT ALL COSTS! For me it was a very large cost.

He DID offer me a credit at first.....but he doesn't respond so I wouldn't be able to use the credit if I wanted to!
If you could post screen shots of the conversations that would better help your case, also was it shipped directly through fedex or did he use a company that ships with fedex like ship your reptiles or reptiles express?

Old 09-22-2015, 09:52 AM   #3
Casey Hulse
I am sorry that happened to you.
He never notified you of shipment, tracking # etc?
I have never heard of him, has he been doing this very long?
Sometimes a more experienced buyer might insist certain thing are done prior to shipment, phone call, sig required, proper temps etc.
Shipping a live animal is a risk, if he did everything without any input from you, he is 100% responsible for the animal until it arrives safely.
Have you checked with the neighbors to see if it was delivered to the wrong addy?
Good luck

Old 09-29-2015, 01:41 AM   #4
DynamicReptilez
I checked with the neighbors.
It was either misdelivered or stolen off my porch.
If you can give me a way to pull the text list I will, but they are lengthy texts tip just screen shot lol.
He used reptiles express who I was supposed to get a call back from however I still haven't.
He gave me shipping number but never told me it was being shipped without any insurance or signature requirement.
Unfortunately, I'm not an experienced buyer of online reptiles, seems tho that if he were in the business of offering such an animal that was so costly, he would require both......
That is what I figure to be common practice for snakes more than your every day $80 spider ball python.

Old 09-29-2015, 07:48 AM   #5
Casey Hulse
Quote:
He gave me shipping number but never told me it was being shipped without any insurance or signature requirement.
In the future you will know that when a shipper gives you a tracking #, that means you can get online in a hr. or so and see info. about the package, and when it will arrive.
It is generally not a good idea to make assumptions when dealing with live animals being shipped, he may have assumed giving you the tracking info. was enough. Always always always have a clear understanding of everything that will/should transpire. I have heard of animals cooking on the front porch while the receiver waited patiently expecting the driver to knock on the door etc...
Good luck, but IMO if he gave you tracking info. you are both responsible..

Old 09-29-2015, 08:15 AM   #6
Lucille
Quote:

He DID offer me a credit at first
Quote:
they are lengthy texts
My curiosity is piqued as to why he initially offered a credit but is now allegedly not responding. Please post screenshots of the texts.

Old 09-29-2015, 08:15 AM   #7
DynamicReptilez
Again... As somebody who doesn't frequently purchase reptiles online, and by the fact that it sounds like I'm supposed to be an expert in my first try and probably never will buy online again because I would think that in any rate it would be explained in detail something such as insurance or signature being declined......
In my opinion, common practice would be to require signature or add insurance for lost packages with it being such a high dollar snake. Is this not? Because at any rate for pivots reasons that sounds way too risky (such as my case).
And anyone that had not had experience with shipping would hopefully think that shipping such a high cost item that IS this small would purchase insurance on the basis that it is that much more possible to be lost.
Doesn't sound like I will be purchasing any more reptiles online if it sounds like it's common practice to put so much risk on the line when purchasing costly reptiles......

Old 09-29-2015, 08:17 AM   #8
DynamicReptilez
Any rate for these reasons*

Old 09-29-2015, 08:24 AM   #9
DynamicReptilez
But regardless of which is common practice and who is to blame for not having the insurance, a claim is still to be filed as insurance is the no hassle way to receive repayment, and also includes damaged items.
The seller initially stated he would help me file the claim, but then quickly became noon responsive.
His final words were "the package shows delivered, I have fulfilled my duties and the transaction is concluded and nothing else is required of me."
However I replied stating that I understand that he sent the animal and I wasn't disputing that, but that I was needing him to file a claim thru fedex as only he could, and have not received anything since.
All because he got his money and as long as he has that, he's not willing to help me.
So that is why he has failed, and earned his way to a negative BOI.

Old 09-29-2015, 08:25 AM   #10
DynamicReptilez
So while he did not add insurance, a claim can still be filed for reimbursement due to misdelivery regardless.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!