Please read: Pending Lawsuit from Venomous Snake Bite - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-24-2004, 06:29 PM   #81
Cruciform
Vince:

I know I'm probably going to get a warning for this, but it has to be said.

Vince, you're nothing but a forum troll trying to get a rise out of people. Your posts have contributed nothing to this thread.

If you've nothing constructive or useful to say, sod off.

Old 03-24-2004, 06:47 PM   #82
SERPENTS DEN
Re: Vince:

Quote:
Originally posted by Cruciform
I know I'm probably going to get a warning for this, but it has to be said.

Vince, you're nothing but a forum troll trying to get a rise out of people. Your posts have contributed nothing to this thread.

If you've nothing constructive or useful to say, sod off.

Mike,

I simply ignore ignorance that’s why I pay him no mind.
He sure does make an impression of himself now doesn’t he....lol

Sincerely,
Steve Markevich

Old 03-24-2004, 06:50 PM   #83
Vince
Re: Re: Vince:

Quote:
Originally posted by serpentsden
Mike,

I simply ignore ignorance that’s why I pay him no mind.
He sure does make an impression of himself now doesn’t he....lol

Sincerely,
Steve Markevich
yeah i hope your LOLing all the way to court room, it was a real question, does serpentsden still accept credit cards from people other then the card owner?

Old 03-24-2004, 06:55 PM   #84
SERPENTS DEN
Re: Re: Re: Vince:

Quote:
Originally posted by Vince
yeah i hope your LOLing all the way to court room, it was a real question, does serpentsden still accept credit cards from people other then the card owner?

Vince,

What part don't you understand?

On 11/23 an adult parent put a deposit via credit card over the phone on a Peruvian Redtail Boa. On 11/24 the customer had a change of mind and wanted a venomous West African Bush Viper instead. I explained verbally via phone to the parent the snake was venomous and can inflict serious injuries if someone were to get bit and I was assured that he had prior venomous handling experience and already has other venomous snakes in his collection and was given verbal permission to go ahead with the transaction despite knowing the dangers of owning potentially dangerous reptiles.
This snake was picked up on 11/25 by her 17 year old son with the remaining balance being paid in full with the credit card she loaned her son so it can be swiped/processed on my credit card terminal.

Old 03-24-2004, 07:03 PM   #85
Vince
still no answer to the question , guess it doenst matter what name is on the credit card as long as its accepted by the swiper

Old 03-24-2004, 07:09 PM   #86
DaveyFig
Steve, it seems as though the only part Vince has trouble understanding is, well, all of it that is written in english. I don't see how more clear you could be, and if he doesn't get it yet, he isn't going to get it.

Old 03-25-2004, 02:25 PM   #87
psilocybe
I'm joining this discussion a little late, but I thought I'd put up my $.02.

Simply put, mistakes were made, no matter how innocent they might have been. The snake shouldn't have been given to the minor, an adult should have been the only person recieving the snake. Second, the credit card shouldn't have been accepted. I sympathize with Steve however, as he was mislead on this kid's experience. His mother vouched for his experience, and she is responsible as well. The fact she ignored his offer to refund the snake for a return after she witnessed him "freehandling and kissing" the snake proves her liability further. Regardless, this kid probably shouldn't be keeping a cornsnake, much less a hot.

Which brings me to my rant:
How can we expect newbies to be responsible (I myself am relatively new to hots, with 1 year working with them under a mentor, and 2 months keeping them) with examples like this:

That is Ray Hunter (the "Cobraman"). I am not badmouthing him or his business, i've never dealt with him and have not heard any complaints. That is a black mamba he's holding like a cornsnake. Considering they don't deal in venomoids, i'm pretty sure it's hot. He admits he's taken many bites. No suprise there. What some kids seeing that don't know is that he self-immunizes. This in my mind does not justify his handling techniques, but he's got a better chance than of surviving then most people would. Still incredibly stupid on his part, as even with self-immunizing, a D. polylepis bite can send you knockin' on death's door. The fact is simple though, kids (and some adults!) see this and think that it's that easy, and whammo, you have kids kissing hots. Keep in mind that Ray Hunter is a respected keeper in most circles, so we really have to analyze what kinds of examples the "mentors" are setting for future hot herpers...

Abhishek Prasad

Old 03-25-2004, 05:15 PM   #88
Mustangrde1
Anyone that knows me knows Ray is as close to me as a Brother in fact i took that picture.

Ray is also my mentor and was my trainer for my FL VRL. I will first say That the picture above is a very stupid misrepresentaion of the fact. Yes that was a Baby Black Mamba. His own homepage say ALL PICTURES ARE MENT FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES and to never try to do any of the things you see him doing.

Ray would kick someone out of his facility so fast their butt would have a hard time keeping up with them if they tried to handle any hot in the manner he does and he has. When he does training safety is first and foremost and he does enforce it.

Try posting the correct information and context not a slanted misrepresentation of the truth. You asked what type of mentor that can be. Have you ever met Ray. By your own post you have not. Nor then do you have any Ideas of what he does or his training or safety veiws. Bad choice of people to try and compare dangers and examples too.

Ray header in his Own home page
http://rayhunter.info/6955.html
When viewing the photos on this site, please keep in mind that the pictures posted are for entertainment purposes only. I do not condone free handling of venomous snakes. I have been self immunizing with snake venoms since 1990, and still have had some bad bites requiring expensive hospital visits. Blessings! Ray

And from COBRAMAN.NET
http://www.exoticsrus.com/ Bottom of the left side of the screen

Always, always handle snakes safely, many times there is no second chance! The above techniques are not recommended to the viewers of this page, please DO NOT attempt to copy what you see here! Keep in mind that I've been self-immunizing for many years and still have had some near fatal bites where I wound up in a hospital intensive care unit (see last 5 pics above). Nobody really respects a show-off, so please Handle snakes safely ! One out of every 100 people I hear from express their concern that the above type photos could inspire others to copy me. So if you are one of those people that is inspired to copy every dangerous thing you see on tv or the internet, my advise to you is A) DON'T!!!, and B) stay off the internet and don't watch tv ! Be Blessed!

Ray will be here in a bit to address this himself....

Scott Bice

Old 03-25-2004, 10:36 PM   #89
COBRAMAN
Quote:
The fact is simple though, kids (and some adults!) see this and think that it's that easy, and whammo, you have kids kissing hots. Keep in mind that Ray Hunter is a respected keeper in most circles, so we really have to analyze what kinds of examples the "mentors" are setting for future hot herpers...

Abhishek Prasad

I can not argue with you about what each person's perception is about a picture from my web site (incidently, please obtain my permission next time you wish to copy my photos and post them on other web sites) but as Scott pointed out, I do not condone the free handling of venomous snakes, and aside from Bill Haast I associate with nobody that handles like this. I realize that may sound ironic in view of how I handle.
Like my disclosure on my site says (and no doubt you must have been there to get the picture) if anyone is so stupid to copy everything they see on tv or the internet, I suggest they stay off the internet and far away from tv. What have you to say about all the crazy stunts and crap that is on tv all day long? Are you not worried that some brainless kid might drive his dad's car off a cliff after watching some actor or stunt man doing it? Or slaughter people, as happens in most movies? The entertainment industry is not going to halt the production of all the action packed thrillers, and violent programs because of the fear that some kid, who would obviously need better parantal supervision, is going to copy what they see on tv or the internet. It has been proven that tv programs and movies have influenced people to copy some of the actions of the show. Yet I am not aware of any proven cases where a child has been bitten by a venomous snake because he was attempting to copy a photo of me. If it happens, we would have to ultimately place the blame on the parents for allowing the child to purchase a venomous snake in the first place.
You have some valid points in your post about me, however I would not consider myself to be "stupid" just because you do not approve of photos posted on my site that are "for entertainment purposes only". I am sure you do things that I would not even consider doing. I inject far more black mamba venom in myself every 21 days than that baby could have put out. I realize that I am not superman, and could die at any given time and for any reason, but when the good Lord calls me I am going ready or not. Why didn't you post a picture of Mr. Haast holding a 15 foot king cobra, and refer to him as stupid?
The bottom line is if kids are looking at my pictures and copying them, than they need to be better supervised, and may even benefit from some psychiatric evaluation. The parents should recognize this strange behavior and immediately take away that childs venomous collection (and ban them from watching TV and surfing the dangerous internet sites like mine).

Be Blessed!
Ray Hunter

p.s.- Feel free to call or contact me directly if you have any questions or issues you would like addressed.
772-215-7625

Old 03-25-2004, 10:40 PM   #90
COBRAMAN
Sorry, I forgot this...

Here is the disclosure from one of my sites:

Quote:
Always, always handle snakes safely, many times there is no second chance! The above techniques are not recommended to the viewers of this page, please DO NOT attempt to copy what you see here! Keep in mind that I've been self-immunizing for many years and still have had some near fatal bites where I wound up in a hospital intensive care unit (see last 5 pics above). Nobody really respects a show-off, so please Handle snakes safely ! One out of every 100 people I hear from express their concern that the above type photos could inspire others to copy me. So if you are one of those people that is inspired to copy every dangerous thing you see on tv or the internet, my advise to you is A) DON'T!!!, and B) stay off the internet and don't watch tv ! Be Blessed!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!