Thoughts on feeding? Raw vs kibble. Skin problems, both human and dog. - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Mammals > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Mammals.

Old 04-16-2008, 10:49 PM   #11
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
You've probably considered the possibility that it could be something such as the Advantage that may be causing some of the problems?
That was my first thought as to the dog and my skin reactions. Neither of us were having any problems until I administered Advantage.

As of today she is on Comfortis which is a new product.
http://www.comfortis4dogs.com/comfor...t/default.aspx

My VET examined her today and believes what I thought was a hot spot is a bacterial infection. There was a sore that had pus. He prescribed Cephalexin for it.

Old 04-16-2008, 11:01 PM   #12
Tere Salazar
Poor baby girl. I'm glad she had a vet appointment today, so you guys could get this stuff figured out.

Old 04-17-2008, 01:14 AM   #13
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellysballs
I asked my vet about feeding my dog a raw food diet and she said absolutley do not feed your dog a raw diet.

I didn't ask why not I just kept on feeding him his kibble. So I would say talk to your vet about the raw food and if they would recommend it.
My VET looked at me puzzled when I mentioned it. "Raw?" Is what he replied back with. He really didn't understand why and didn't have any helpful knowledge on the subject.

Old 04-17-2008, 01:16 AM   #14
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladragon
Poor baby girl. I'm glad she had a vet appointment today, so you guys could get this stuff figured out.
Thanks and I'll take some new pictures.

Old 04-17-2008, 02:31 AM   #15
Cat_72
Glad to hear it sounds like you're getting things sorted out, Dennis. Hopefully things will start to go smoother, and you can just sit back and enjoy her!

And yeah.....still waiting for those pics.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!