Face Book - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 03-10-2019, 06:31 PM   #31
Lucille
I am only a member of 3 reptile related boards on fb. It has been my great good fortune that all 3 are members of this solar system. Of course I am used to the best here on Fauna, but they are good. Sometimes they do stuff that makes me scratch my head a little and wonder, but at least I can communicate.

Any critical thoughts I might have had are seen with an entirely different set of eyes now, after spending significant time on the planet where no one can respond while the admin is in church. I can see the points of view of the 3 reptile boards and maybe not agree 100% every time, but it is not like the strange planet full of alien life forms and the raptor admin where I can only, as the young people say, SMH.

Old 03-11-2019, 09:38 AM   #32
JColt
I think some of the worst drama and back biting I have ever seen on facebook and youtube are truck drivers. A couple years ago I got into watching them because my dad had been a truck driver. These guys are worse than little old ladies who have nothing to do but gossip. If you drive an automatic then your not a real truck driver, If you work for this company your not a real truck driver. I have watched video's of them video a rookie who's who's having a hard time backing in and make fun of them instead of getting out and helping the poor kid. Then all his buddies chime in and dog the kid for working for X company and how he should just hang it up and stock groceries and stuff. A lot of them use Zello which is like a phone/walkie talkie app. They will record each other and wait for a "gotcha" moment then post the audio for all to hear.

Old 03-13-2019, 06:49 PM   #33
Lucille
Face book is down right now. I guess I'm surprised that something so large could crash, I just thought there would be plenty of backups, but I guess all technology is subject to glitches.

Old 03-14-2019, 06:18 PM   #34
nickolasanastasiou
It was affecting a variety of their services. Facebook itself. Messenger. WhatsApp. Instagram.

I do not know if they revealed the source of the issues, but yesterday when the outages were at their worst, they had been dodging any sort of clarity aside from stating it was not due to a DDOS attack.

I am still seeing some residual issues on Facebook itself with disappearing/reappearing content, incomplete, temporary, or failed execution of admin functions, and other glitches. Messenger seems fine now and was getting its act together last night. WhatsApp was fine last night after a while, as it still allowed me to have my nightly videoconferences in the early evening, but photo and video file sending took longer to get restored. Instagram and all of the "aggregator" sites and applications that feed off of IG came back while I was doing searches for content related to mine last night.

These are my user experiences and I am by no means a wizard at this stuff, so I am sure there were more problems I did not run into based on my limited use case. I heard it really messed up some people who tried to log out and log in again, so I am glad I did not attempt that. While email is my standard for dealing with the volume of serious animal discussions I have, I use Messenger and conventional texts for the faster interactions I have with some friends and I use WhatsApp to have real-time video interactions with a couple of key family members when we are unable to be together at times. Outages are less than fun.

Old 03-14-2019, 06:29 PM   #35
Lucille
I use WhatsApp to have real-time video interactions

Is there a site where I could learn more about that? My son, his wife, and my grand baby are leaving in a few months to move across the country and I'd love to see them on video.

Old 03-14-2019, 06:34 PM   #36
nickolasanastasiou
You only need to download the WhatsApp app/program from your operating system's app store (in my case, Google Play since my phone's OS is Android; for iPhones, I assume it is called some sort of app store for iOS). Search for the app. Download and install. Make sure the person on the other end you wish to talk to does the same. Then you can video-call each other if the connection strength is adequate. It is useful for being able to see and speak to loved ones even if they have differing phones/platforms.

Old 03-14-2019, 06:48 PM   #37
Lucille
Thank you

Old 03-14-2019, 07:25 PM   #38
JColt
If your pc/mac has camera you can use it on that also.

Old 03-14-2019, 08:30 PM   #39
Lucille
Thank you I will look into that.

Old 03-19-2019, 08:29 AM   #40
Lucille
There is definitely some background weirdness going on in fb, have had a couple of friend requests from people completely not connected with any groups I am interested in, who appear to not be compatible with me (the last one appears to want to talk about marriage, I can only imagine why someone would send such requests to total strangers).

I don't know how others process friend requests, and in general I love people, but I am somewhat puzzled by requests from people totally unrelated to any interests of mine.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!