Bad Guy coldbloodedreptilelover ripped me off and is selling the snake i sent him!!!! - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-08-2011, 03:14 AM   #31
RobNJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldbloodedreptilelover View Post
to shadow and rob you both are very messed up people accusing me of ripping people off who are the people?me and dylan talked on emails he agreed on a het pied female just he didnt put that down on the thread so on the boi people get to bash others for spelling etc and i get to get trashed for being the nice guy i have no attention to burn the kid at all and my buddy waited home for the package door never rang dylan i guess never added signature like he wassupposed to do but whatever u guys can bash me all u want i did nothing wrong kid agreed to a het female pied i got his address it will ship monday morning with tracking and signature ty im done i dont need the bashing
So is he happily accepting the "het pied" female, or is he accepting it so he only feels 80% burned rather than 100%?

I'm also still curious about the retic he sent you that you claimed to have never received. Since no time line of events has been laid out and ads aren't accessible, it's hard to conclude anything, but you said this has been prolonged over a span of months. How many months? I'm not a retic guy, so I really wouldn't know, but over a span of months, wouldn't it be entirely plausible that a 3 foot snake would be close to 5 feet by the time you tried to sell it? Especially since it seems you're a proponent of power feeding?

Old 07-08-2011, 04:10 AM   #32
angelgirls29
Quote:
retic im selling is not his retic he said his was 3 feet mine is close to 5 feet i just probed my dwarf albino tiger to be a male so i need to fix my add so his is a def female he said
So yours is 4ft some inches.

OP's ad 18th May 2011

Quote:
i have a white phase albino tiger retic for sale and he NEEDS to go soon!!!! she is the nicest snake ive ever owned. she is a baby, she is about 4 feet and is a great eater! i want u guys to make me an offer on how much u want to pay for this little girl, so make me an offer! no low-balling the price though...
Dylan: Did you probe the snake yourself or did someone else (previous owner etc)?
Mark: Who probed your snake? Was it you or your friend?

Retic people: Can you get the wrong gendre easily? (I've heard you can get a "false" male in boas)

Old 07-08-2011, 04:16 AM   #33
hhmoore
Since things were pretty vague, and I needed a timeline; I checked the tracking info.
Delivery was May 24th, with this message noted: Left at side door Package delivered to recipient address.

The reason I was curious about the timeline is I wanted to see if the albino retic that has been advertised could be the one that Dylan claims he shipped....
Hard to say, because the has had several retic ads
Dwarf Albino Tiger Retic Female (7/4)
Female Dwarf Albino Tiger Retic Tame (6/29)
Albino SunFire Tiger Retic Male (6/17)
Albino Lavender Tiger Retic (6/17)
My High End Retic For Ball Morphs (6/10) described as female albino lavender sunfire retic

The sizes for the above animals ranged from 3-5 ft, including a few different descriptions for the albino lavender. Interestingly, his posted reasons for selling included that he can't do retics right now, that he's getting out of reptiles, and that he's "going in the navy next month" (that one was posted 5/29, so shouldn't he already be there?). One ad also had some pretty serious allegations of misrepresentation (which he blamed on the CL person he got the snake from)

Maybe it's me, but if he's selling retics because he can't keep them, he's getting out of reptiles, and he's late for an appt with the Navy...why is he soliciting another retic??

Also, it is my understanding that while GTPs can be kept under permit in MA, any offspring cannot be sold/traded; so this deal would seem to be in violation of those terms.

Old 07-08-2011, 04:24 AM   #34
hhmoore
(there were other ads, going back to early-mid May)

Also, while he states in this thread that he just found out they were illegal to own, on 5/20 he posted "i have a permit to own retics and condas in state of mass"

Seems Mr Jones is no stranger to discrepancy and contradiction

Old 07-08-2011, 04:49 AM   #35
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Also, it is my understanding that while GTPs can be kept under permit in MA, any offspring cannot be sold/traded; so this deal would seem to be in violation of those terms.
In rereading things, I think I jumbled a couple of things in my head. With the deal supposedly including GTPs, and seeing a comment offering a free baby, I must have twisted it to the 2 GTPs having been produced by Mark. It doesn't look like that is the case; and I have no idea what the allowances are regarding sales of permitted animals. (Assuming he has THAT permit)

Old 07-08-2011, 07:58 AM   #36
ShadowAceD
Mark, FedEx has this really adorable habit of ignoring signature required, which is why I asked Dylan to show his SYR reciept he would have read in e-mail. Also, I never bashed you, I asked you questions you are ignoring.

Your story is not consistent and keeps changing.

Why is it you say your friend was not their to recieve the snake, then you state he was there all day, did not see it by 10:30am so left on errands. Again, why did you fail to ship your end of the trade the day you were supposed to or immediately the next morining? Why are you shipping snakes via USPS instead of the proper avenue, which is FedEx either by being certified or via SYR.com or ReptilesExpress.com?

Harald, can you pull up his older ads regarding that albino retic he pulled down when the thread started?

Old 07-08-2011, 08:18 AM   #37
jamesa2580
Sorry it has taken me so long to chime in here. I was the one who brought this to Dylan's attention.

I saw Mark's ad last week for a DWARF albino retic for trade. I have been considering one for a while and messaged him. I was contemplating trading Mark a snow female boa for the supposed dwarf. Mark sent me a bunch of pics of her, we spoke on the phone, and I was really on the fence about getting her. I opted not to do the trade and hang on to my snow girl. So then I see Mark post her for sale for something like $250 shipped. Dwarf albinos are easily $800-1k, so my suspicion arose. I looked through all of Mark's threads and saw where he commented on an ad that Dylan had posted for a white phased albino retic, offering to trade a snow boa or something like that for her. My gut told me that was the same snake - obviously not a dwarf as Mark had advertised. I contacted Dylan to confirm that Mark was the one with whom he did the trade and Dylan told me that he did do a trade but never received anything in return. I suggested he start the BOI thread and that I would, of course, defend his position. I'm at work now and can't post the pics, but I do have pics from Mark on my cell of the female albino and it is the same snake.

The reason I'm mad is because Mark is not only trying to unload a snake that really doesn't belong to him, but also advertising it as a dwarf. That is a lie and super misleading. What if I had done the trade? I'd then have a 17 foot + snake to deal with that I thought would top out at ten or so not to mention the disparity in value. He never once offered to produce paperwork and wanted to do the trade quickly, so it raised a bit of a flag for me as well.

I know Dylan wants his snake back. Mark - I think you would be doing yourself a great favor by simply returning the retic to Dylan at this point. You obviously don't want her and can't keep her. Your ad says you're getting out of reptiles (even though you wanted to trade her for a boa.)
You seemed like a stand-up guy when we spoke, but I guess you just put on a good front. Now you can step up and do the right thing - just return the retic to Dylan and I'm sure this will come to a quick conclusion.

Jim

Old 07-08-2011, 08:42 AM   #38
Focal
Quote:
to shadow and rob you both are very messed up people accusing me of ripping people off who are the people?me and dylan talked on emails he agreed on a het pied female just he didnt put that down on the thread so on the boi people get to bash others for spelling etc and i get to get trashed for being the nice guy i have no attention to burn the kid at all and my buddy waited home for the package door never rang dylan i guess never added signature like he wassupposed to do but whatever u guys can bash me all u want i did nothing wrong kid agreed to a het female pied i got his address it will ship monday morning with tracking and signature ty im done i dont need the bashing
Boy this ain't the place to lie. You need to come clean before you ruin yourself.

Old 07-08-2011, 08:53 AM   #39
Focal
Just wanted to throw some keywords in here:

coldbloodedreptiles@yahoo.com

jonesmark87@rocketmail.com

Old 07-08-2011, 09:00 AM   #40
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
Harald, can you pull up his older ads regarding that albino retic he pulled down when the thread started?
I am not going to undelete all of those ads - because if the quantity, (because I don't have time to sort through them & copy the ones that are most likely relevant,) and because restoring them would make them available to be edited.
When I get a chance I will do some screen shots.

Sorry, I know people want to see this settled...but I felt it was worth throwing that information out there, even though I wasn't in a position to make it all visible.
The post about Mark's selling price vs the going rate for an albino dwarf is not surprising, given that he was advertising another high dollar morph at a fraction of its value. (that was the albino sunfire tiger, which he blamed on a CL seller after his claims were proven to be false)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!