Coldbloods - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-25-2006, 04:48 PM   #1
Gregg M
Thumbs down Coldbloods

Is this the type of breeder the reptile hobby needs??? I dont think so but you com to your own conclusion....

http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=10&de=402176

Incase the ad goes down... Here it is in words...

L E O P A R D - G E C K O - E G G S
Commonwealth of Massachusetts! Delta Shipping Available!
Posted by COLDBLOODS.COM (Contact Me!) on April 24, 2006 at 20:23:51
Registered PetHobbyist User since 2004-08-20
View Ads (7) | This Category Only (1)
Send this ad to a friend! Click Here!

Click on thumbnails to view fullsize in a new window

Hi, we hope that you are doing incredible!!!

We have leopard geckos eggs!!!

Only $4.99 each!!!

Same bloodlines as those pictured above!!!

Like always, please feel free to contact us with any questions or comments that you may have!!!

Thanks, have an incredible day,
Courtland

http://www.COLDBLOODS.COM

Old 04-25-2006, 06:19 PM   #2
reptilebreeder
After looking at their website, I don't understand how they even have customers. Everything about that site is nothing but arrogance, and greed.

Old 04-25-2006, 06:53 PM   #3
jnjreptile
I can't believe anyone is that stupid! Selling eggs?
We buy our aspen bedding from them because its a good price, $23.00 bale shipped, but not anymore if this is the type of crap they are going to try to pull. We had a problem with some rats we bought from them that showed up, with dry ice on the rats, and the bags broke open. We had to fight tooth and nail to get a refund and even then it was only half of what we lost.That is rediculus about the eggs.
Josh

Old 04-25-2006, 10:19 PM   #4
ZenReptiles
Isn't it a little strange that he has sold ALL of his geckos on his website?

Old 04-25-2006, 11:43 PM   #5
Gecko_Den
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenReptiles
Isn't it a little strange that he has sold ALL of his geckos on his website?
Not when you consider that it doesn't look like the website has been updated since sometime in 2005...

I do like how he makes it sound like he is a big time breeder of all things cold blooded, but all his available page showed was leopard geckos from a couple of years ago. I guess the book he has on there, he wrote himself; I have never seen nor heard of it before though.....

Old 04-25-2006, 11:48 PM   #6
Gecko_Den
Wow, his latest ad is even worse:

http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=10&de=402451

Quote:
2 0 0 5 - H A T C H E D - L E O P A R D - G E C K O S
Commonwealth of Massachusetts! Delta Shipping Available!

Posted by COLDBLOODS.COM (Contact Me!) on April 25, 2006 at 19:42:43
Registered PetHobbyist User since 2004-08-20
View Ads (13) | This Category Only (3)

Hi, we hope that you are doing incredible!!!

We have flawed 2005 hatched leopard geckos!!!

They are $14.99 each!!!

Shipping via USPS Express Mail is a flat $29.99 in the continental U.S.A.!!!

Same bloodlines as those pictured above!!!

Like always, please feel free to contact us with any questions or comments that you may have!!!

Thanks, have an incredible day,
Courtland
Flawed leopard geckos?

Old 04-26-2006, 12:56 AM   #7
Milwaukee Reptiles
Wow that's a whole new low...selling "flawed" leopard geckos as a sale item... so many things wrong with that I can't even begin. Perhaps they are flawed from improper handling of the eggs... there's a thought!

Based on his terms on the website I'm suprised you got anything back. That's definitely lawyer-written and probably pretty good. His contact page also shows that Cold Bloods is a registered trademark but I was unable to find anything in the USPTO site search.

As for the animals on his site, notice most of them are a combination of the same group of 3-5 hatch dates and weights over and over again with different IDs. This seems like a guy who truely doesn't care about the animals and is just out to make a buck... it's just another business venture to put under his belt.

Here's the registration info on the domain for historical purposes (and because he hides behind a PO box and a seperate phone number on the website):
Administrative Contact :
Harlow III, Courtland
troisclh@AOL.COM
31 HOWLANDS LN
KINGSTON, MA 02364-1623
US
Phone: (781) 771-2048
Fax: (781) 585-6871

Old 04-26-2006, 01:54 AM   #8
A_Kendergirl
For those who aren't familiar with the incubation need of a leopard gecko...

Sharp changes in temperatures...even a few degrees...are known to cause mild to severe deformations. That's if the egg survives long enough to hatch.

Leo eggs cannot be rotated during incubation. Flipping the egg after the embryo has attached itself with cause the embryo to die. Many breeders have lost countless eggs due to accidentally dropping/dumping a shelf or container with eggs.

Due to those two things, there is NO WAY that this person can ship an egg and insure that the temperature stays constant and that the egg (or the box it's in) won't flip over. In short...it's a scam to get people to send him $5.00 plus shipping for a dead egg.

I'm not even going to touch the "flawed leopard geckos".

Old 04-26-2006, 08:40 AM   #9
jnjreptile
He is in it for the money and nothing else! When we had the problem with the rats he started whining saying I only make a 15% profit off them so I can't be responsible for any losses, I can only give you a 15% refund on what you lossed. After a few words on my side of things he finally gave in.The bedding we buy from him is $9.99 shipping is $13 he tries to charge us $30 saying shipping is $20 when the usps tag says $13.
The fact that he is selling leo eggs, and flawed leo's says it all about what kind of guy and biz. he is.Not to meantion shipping usps for them and charging $29.99 for that? He is going to get hit hard when people realize the type of idiot he realy is, and the fact that you can buy flawless leos for $10ea.
I will email him and ask a little more about the flawes and the eggs, see what he has to say.
Josh

Old 04-26-2006, 08:52 AM   #10
saltwaterreptiles
UNREAL... I commented on this when it was posted on the leopard gecko forum, but not in the detail I wanted to because I felt that wasn't the forum to bring it up. But here's a little different. I got the impression from his first ad and his site that he was a greasy little character, I just felt kinda dirty looking at his site, the language, the attitide, etc. just gave me a real bad vibe...

This NEWEST ad confirms it!

This joker needs to be out of the business....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!