Diamondback Removal.......couple pics - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Field Collecting/Observing

Notices

Field Collecting/Observing Sightings of herps in the wild, where-tos and how-tos, as well as photos of herps in their native environment.

Old 09-09-2005, 06:14 PM   #1
crotalusadamanteus
Thumbs up Diamondback Removal.......couple pics

Well, this seemed like the most appropriate place to share this. Mods feel free to move it if I am wrong.

Got called out to remove a "Crotalus viridis" as the guy quoted, that is 5 ft long. He's been handling snakes for 10 years, and "knows it's a prairie"

Long story short, It is a crotalus atrox, (don't ya just love a snake "pro"?) and only 3 ft. But warm and VERY FAST, LOL.
Anyway, after a couple attempts at tail grabs, I decided to pin her instead. She was just to fast, and not quite long enough. Here's a couple pics.................

She was loosed way out in the desert in the Malpai Lave flow. She should do well out there. SHe had a lot of pink blush on her, but the cam would not show it very well.

Enjoy,
Rick

Old 09-09-2005, 06:31 PM   #2
hill4803
She looks unamused. I guess I wouldn't be happy if someone bigger than me kept pulling my tail & then pinned me either. Nice catch, glad everyone, snake included, made it out alright!

Old 09-09-2005, 06:57 PM   #3
jglass38
She is awesome!! Nice catch and release...

Old 09-09-2005, 07:52 PM   #4
crotalusadamanteus
Unamused.

Yeah, she wasn't calm from the word go. I think the guy tried, but he said he didn't. She was kinda excited already when I arrived. LOL

Cioa,
Rick

Old 09-10-2005, 12:02 AM   #5
Freakboy
Richard, I have seen your avatar on many of your posts, and i would like to ask you where you found it? It is great. One of the most amusing anyway. Also, nice capture and release. Good pics too.

Old 09-10-2005, 08:03 AM   #6
crotalusadamanteus
A friend in the UK sent me that one and a couple other skelital GIFs. Not sure who made it though.
I like the way it walks. Reminded me of the old fat albert cartoons with Bill Cosby.
Couple more here...........Skeletons

Ciao,
Rick

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!