Good Guy CCSB RESCUE - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-21-2012, 04:28 PM   #31
ssshane
Our herp club was set up right beside of them this weekend in Winston Salem NC. They were not selling animals there. They were raising money via photos withthe snake. I do not know much else other than they do not sell animals at our local shows and they do shows concerning reptile education at these same shows.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:55 PM   #32
Warlock
Today ccsbs true colors have shown. They are truly animal flippers and not a rescue. Today they were approached via telephone about a 4 foot boa with serious injuries from a rat. Not only would ccsb not take the snake they wouldn't even talk to the people calling and hung up on them twice. There's no money to be made on a truly sick or injured animal and so ccsb wanted nothing to do with it

Old 02-04-2013, 04:05 PM   #33
Warlock
For the record the boa is doing awesome. His wounds are healing well an I've gotten most of his shed off. Just have to work on his temper now lol

Old 02-04-2013, 10:51 PM   #34
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
Today ccsbs true colors have shown. They are truly animal flippers and not a rescue. Today they were approached via telephone about a 4 foot boa with serious injuries from a rat. Not only would ccsb not take the snake they wouldn't even talk to the people calling and hung up on them twice. There's no money to be made on a truly sick or injured animal and so ccsb wanted nothing to do with it
Who did you speak with about the boa?

Old 02-05-2013, 08:39 AM   #35
RonanRat
I get CL spam in my city about this rescue as well. There were several snakes available on their website at one point that were well below market value, for pickup only. The prices were something like $50 for a retic at one point (and a disclaimer that you couldn't buy if you or anyone in your home was under the age of 18, iirc). They seem to be alright about rehoming, but there is nothing on their site stating that they are accredited and approved 501c3 charity.
If they do have the paperwork and accreditation, they are definitely encouraged to post it! As it stands they don't seem bad, just lacking legitimacy due to lack of actual charity/rescue accreditation. If they have it, I don't see it listed on their site.

Old 08-10-2018, 05:46 AM   #36
AML4912
They are not caring people. Look at the responses he gives. “I don’t have time for cry babies.” “I don’t have to justify myself.” And then straight into the boasts, “We are one of the biggest rescues on the eastern seaboard.” (He told me “in the US”). And about how he doesn’t have time because he is caring for so many sick animals. BUT he has time to post replies and be rude about anyone who may have criticized him. Does it really take more time to post copies of your certifications? I would think most honest people would jump at the chance to show their legitimacy, even preemptively.

Angelia Lawrence

Old 08-10-2018, 07:07 PM   #37
AML4912
Continued.

I have been to his “rescue” which is a small rented storefront (think like the size of a UPS store). So, he is not soooo big. In addition, the conditions were deplorable. I wish I could save them all. Really, what do you have to do to get your 501c? Turn in paperwork probably...so is there really anyone checking the legitimacy except us?

Angelia Lawrence

Old 08-10-2018, 08:24 PM   #38
elena
Angelia, did you get any pictures of the conditions while you were there?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!