New registrations.... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 08-13-2012, 07:15 PM   #1
WebSlave
New registrations....

For years now I've been thinking that eventually new registrations will taper off here and the site will dip down into death spiral from lack of participation. I've always considered the growth here as being pretty slow for the number of registered members, as few seem willing to actively participate in any of the forums. So it's seemingly a race between new registrations providing enough participation to counterbalance the loss of those people who don't participate, or apparently leave the business or lose interest. I guess I'm always thinking that we have already crested, so the only direction is downward....

So I figure sooner or later the number of new registrations will eventually lose the race and this site will start the slide into obscurity. After all, how many more people are out there who haven't already found this place?

But darn, I seem to be processing more new registrations than ever lately....

Beats the heck out of me where they are all coming from...

Not that I am complaining, mind you. Gives me something to do during retirement. I get to smack down spammers before they ever get even a toehold in here....

Old 08-13-2012, 09:06 PM   #2
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post

Beats the heck out of me where they are all coming from...

Not that I am complaining, mind you. Gives me something to do during retirement. I get to smack down spammers before they ever get even a toehold in here....
I try to tell all of my customers to come here. It is a great way to get all sorts of information on all animals. (Can't take credit for those numbers though)
for the few that I have met who say they don't like the site, there are 3 times as many who do.

Old 08-13-2012, 10:15 PM   #3
snowgyre
I also direct people here if they have any reptile-related questions. I do this mainly on Facebook or YouTube, but I've also participated in several herpetological societies where students have captive husbandry questions that I can't always answer. Don't know how many people have actually joined through the years because of those recommendations, but word of mouth is a powerful thing when you've got lots of members. That, and I've never liked how the forums are formatted on Kingsnake, which I believe is the next largest competitor? The other forums tend to be species specific, which I think limits member participation a great deal. Fauna is the only one that's completely free with a basic membership, and it covers the most topics, at least in my personal experience.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!