can advertisements be blocked? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 08-17-2012, 10:13 PM   #11
Fangthane
I'm a bit of a cell phone nut, and know all about rooting. I'm willing to make myself available for consultation at very reasonable prices. Cash up front.

Old 08-17-2012, 10:14 PM   #12
hhmoore
Quote:
Seriously, would you pay to advertise here if all of the members could block your paid advertising at will via a function I provide for them to do that?
He's got you there, Kevin.

Old 08-17-2012, 10:23 PM   #13
KORBIN5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Seriously, would you pay to advertise here if all of the members could block your paid advertising at will via a function I provide for them to do that?
Well don't let the secret out!

Seriously though, it's the stupid ads that are streaming in that are eaing my data. The stationary ads are okay but the ones that keep changing are the culprits.( I think)

Old 08-17-2012, 10:24 PM   #14
KORBIN5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexPredatorBoids View Post
I'm a bit of a cell phone nut, and know all about rooting. I'm willing to make myself available for consultation at very reasonable prices. Cash up front.
I'll give you a quarter...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
He's got you there, Kevin.
Yes, yes he does.

Old 08-17-2012, 10:35 PM   #15
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by KORBIN5895 View Post
I'll give you a quarter....
Since I wouldn't care to have any kind of extended interactions with you, I'll give you a freebie. I'm assuming you're on a smartphone. Try Opera Mini Browser. Their servers compress website data before it's sent, which can cut down up to 90% of what bandwidth a normal browser would eat up to transmit the same page.

Old 08-18-2012, 02:12 AM   #16
hhmoore
I liked Opera Mini...until I started having consistent issues with posts and PMs not going through. It gets really annoying to put time into a full response, then fight with the phone for 5 minutes trying to get it submitted...only to have it not go through and have to start over again.

Old 08-18-2012, 02:27 AM   #17
Fangthane
Yeah, I had my issues with Opera. Nothing quite that bad, but somewhat irritating at times. I have "unlimited" data (which means 2.5GB before they throttle me down) and I make it a point to use every last damn KB of that. I've switched to Dolphin Browser since I have no need of conserving bandwidth. You get a good bit more functionality when you have a more feature-heavy browser that you can make behave like one on a desktop.

If you have some interest in being rooted, feel free to PM me with your phone's brand, model #, Android version, etc. Depending on what phone you have, it may be a lot simpler than you'd think.

Old 08-18-2012, 08:29 AM   #18
WebSlave
I guess I really didn't understand the question at first as this being in relation to viewing this site on a mobile device. Sorry, I don't use those devices myself, so quite likely I will never have any personal incentive to try to make changes on the site to accommodate such devices. Heck, I'm using my laptop right now with a moderately sized screen and square chicklet keys on the keyboard and that's painful enough for me. I would go blind trying to view this stuff on a cell phone sized device.

Besides, unless I am sitting at home or in a motel room, etc., I have no intention of trying to access the web anyway. I certainly don't want to get inundated with emails from people saying "I lost my password! Help!" while I am at dinner somewhere or driving down the road.....

Old 08-18-2012, 07:13 PM   #19
brd7666
When I log on with my phone I get the ads. If you are on your computer and you are using Firefox follow this link below, and download the program. It will block all of the Google ads.

http://adblockplus.org/en/

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!