One year anniversary of the closing of the Board Of Inquiry - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
 Sponsors Ľ  Breeders | Dealers |  Importers/Exporters | Caging | Feed | Supplies | Services | Events 
  Inside FaunaClassifieds Ľ Product Reviews |  Classifieds!   | Photo Gallery   | Banner Advertising 
 
  Do you want to be able to bump and highlight your classified ads? Click here!

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2021, 12:26 PM   #71
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by allreptiles1966 View Post
Worse damn thing you did Rich. I personally caught people on here trying to rip others off and thatís because of the boi. It was even a on here when it happened to my buddy Mike on here. Iíve bought a couple things on here and cannot post how the guy is a liar and a cheat! How to warn people? We have no outlet to warn others. Without that, it make it easier to rip people off! Why would you do this?

How about a star system like teachers give out. Star for quality. A star for shipping quality a star for whatever else thatís appropriate to let people know itís ok to buy from this person.

Iím getting pointed for asking questions about feed and feeders I bought on here telling me itís a boi style ad!! Come on, itís a forum and should be able to ask questions. I didnít use the sellers name!! No hints of it either. So howís that a boi style anything. Is this how itís really going? Attack me for asking question about being ripped off. IMO.
Something needs to improve! People are being taken advantage of by others since the way to combat that has been removed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marker1 View Post
Yes there are a couple scammers on this site this very second with ads up. Its sad
What is it about this earlier thread that you did not understand?

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=680507

And what is it about the changes implemented recently and detailed later in this current thread that you do not understand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marker1 View Post
And what about our proof screen shots of texts etc?
Explain please. I don't know what you are referring to.
 
Old 03-05-2021, 12:37 PM   #72
marker1
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
What is it about this earlier thread that you did not understand?

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=680507

And what is it about the changes implemented recently and detailed later in this current thread that you do not understand?



Explain please. I don't know what you are referring to.
I was scammed issue was resolved but only after a senior manner helped me with some advice. 1 piece was to post the text conversation between me and scammer everywhere I could. I was wondering if that would be a violation and to include fauna in where that got posted.

Side note(advice): issue was resolved but not until the scammer KNEW this (among other things) was going to be the action taken. also always communicate through text/email. They will lie forget they lie tell another lie and you have black and white proof. NO PHONE CALLS does not provide evidence
 
Old 03-05-2021, 01:43 PM   #73
Gary O
Hi Rich, Doing my once in awhile stop and bug you post.

I had this talk with a few people a while ago about why the BOI shut down. Some truly do not understand what goes on behind closed doors... Not really closed doors but how it affects your life.

We go back a ways. We both know no matter what you do someone will argue about it. I am just happy to see you well still. Talk soon my friend.
 
Old 03-05-2021, 02:44 PM   #74
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by marker1 View Post
I was scammed issue was resolved but only after a senior manner helped me with some advice. 1 piece was to post the text conversation between me and scammer everywhere I could. I was wondering if that would be a violation and to include fauna in where that got posted.
Under the new rules you may post feedback about a seller only under the seller's ads. You may not create new threads with seller feedback.

You can choose to provide proof, or not. Some posters will likely appreciate it if you do. Just bear in mind that sellers can delete their own ads which will also delete your responses.
 
Old 03-05-2021, 04:12 PM   #75
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by marker1 View Post
I was scammed issue was resolved but only after a senior manner helped me with some advice. 1 piece was to post the text conversation between me and scammer everywhere I could. I was wondering if that would be a violation and to include fauna in where that got posted.

Side note(advice): issue was resolved but not until the scammer KNEW this (among other things) was going to be the action taken. also always communicate through text/email. They will lie forget they lie tell another lie and you have black and white proof. NO PHONE CALLS does not provide evidence
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
Under the new rules you may post feedback about a seller only under the seller's ads. You may not create new threads with seller feedback.

You can choose to provide proof, or not. Some posters will likely appreciate it if you do. Just bear in mind that sellers can delete their own ads which will also delete your responses.
The goal here is not to provide, as used to be the case via the Board of Inquiry, a place for members to be able to detail their experiences with other persons and call them out in public via a new, pointed and direct, thread ABOUT them. Instead the current situation is a hoped for method to provide disincentives for "bad guys" to no longer post classified advertising threads on this site because their ads will receive enough replies detailing their alleged wrong doing, and be a strong incentive for anyone reading such classified ads to decline to do business with that person. After such a person has to delete enough of their classified ads in order to bury the evidence being posted against them, it is hoped they will just decide to go elsewhere to try to do their business. In the case of this site, "out of sight, out of mind" will be the rule for us having to deal with such people. The Board of Inquiry used to be about trying to save this industry/hobby. Now my much more limited scope is merely to try to prevent, or reduce as much as is possible, such unsavory practices taking place HERE on this site. Everywhere and anywhere else is on their own to deal with such things themselves as best they can.

I hope this has been cleared up for everyone. If not, just tell me what has you still confused. Not liking this new plan and preferring the Board of Inquiry will be a moot point as I believe I have made it clear that the Board of Inquiry is GONE, and not returning. Just like a plant that isn't given water and sunlight will die, the herp industry/hobby let the BOI slip away.
 
Old 03-05-2021, 04:27 PM   #76
marker1
"The Board of Inquiry used to be about trying to save this industry/hobby. Now my much more limited scope is merely to try to prevent, or reduce as much as is possible, such unsavory practices taking place HERE on this site. Everywhere and anywhere else is on their own to deal with such things themselves as best they can."

As it should be! Not that you need my support but Ill give it anyway. I think this is what most people wanted anyway.
 
Old 03-05-2021, 06:43 PM   #77
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by marker1 View Post
"The Board of Inquiry used to be about trying to save this industry/hobby. Now my much more limited scope is merely to try to prevent, or reduce as much as is possible, such unsavory practices taking place HERE on this site. Everywhere and anywhere else is on their own to deal with such things themselves as best they can."

As it should be! Not that you need my support but Ill give it anyway. I think this is what most people wanted anyway.
Well, have the changes I made moved this site in the general direction of being worthy of support or not? Yes some people got incensed that they got infractions and had their posts removed when they violated the rules as they existed at that time. It has NEVER before been acceptable for members to derail classified ads here, so it really shouldn't have been any surprise to anyone to get infractions by attempting to do just that. Whether the author of the classified ad thread deserved it was immaterial. The fact that the BOI went away was also immaterial. Apparently people didn't see it that way. So I really needed to drive home the point that the Board of Inquiry going away didn't mean that people could continue posting the exact same content anywhere or everywhere else on this site. Otherwise, I would have been exposed to the same problems that existed when the Board of Inquiry was here. How dumb would that have been of me?

So the recent rule change is a compromise that I hope will be acceptable to most of the members here. There is a lot of potential that it will open up the doors to even more headaches and maybe cause a lot of collateral damage as a result of people just trying to cause trouble with legitimate sellers. So it is entirely possible such activity will get this latest change rescinded in a hurry if I see it causing more damage than it is correcting. I am asking the mods to watch it all closely, because honestly I spend most of my time trying to block scammers and spammers at the gate during registration, as well as fielding server level problems, and rarely spend my time reading classified ad threads.

But whatever the case may be, rules are necessary on this site. Those rules are necessarily enforced. If I find it necessary to eliminate or change ANY rules, I will do so whenever I feel it is prudent to do so. I don't expect everyone to like the site as it was, as it is now, nor after I will make any changes in the future. But I will just do whatever I have to do when I think it needs to be done and it is FEASIBLE to do.
 
Old 03-05-2021, 06:57 PM   #78
marker1
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Well, have the changes I made moved this site in the general direction of being worthy of support or not? Yes some people got incensed that they got infractions and had their posts removed when they violated the rules as they existed at that time. It has NEVER before been acceptable for members to derail classified ads here, so it really shouldn't have been any surprise to anyone to get infractions by attempting to do just that. Whether the author of the classified ad thread deserved it was immaterial. The fact that the BOI went away was also immaterial. Apparently people didn't see it that way. So I really needed to drive home the point that the Board of Inquiry going away didn't mean that people could continue posting the exact same content anywhere or everywhere else on this site. Otherwise, I would have been exposed to the same problems that existed when the Board of Inquiry was here. How dumb would that have been of me?

So the recent rule change is a compromise that I hope will be acceptable to most of the members here. There is a lot of potential that it will open up the doors to even more headaches and maybe cause a lot of collateral damage as a result of people just trying to cause trouble with legitimate sellers. So it is entirely possible such activity will get this latest change rescinded in a hurry if I see it causing more damage than it is correcting. I am asking the mods to watch it all closely, because honestly I spend most of my time trying to block scammers and spammers at the gate during registration, as well as fielding server level problems, and rarely spend my time reading classified ad threads.

But whatever the case may be, rules are necessary on this site. Those rules are necessarily enforced. If I find it necessary to eliminate or change ANY rules, I will do so whenever I feel it is prudent to do so. I don't expect everyone to like the site as it was, as it is now, nor after I will make any changes in the future. But I will just do whatever I have to do when I think it needs to be done and it is FEASIBLE to do.
Yes so long as this site does not block my means of recourse in the event I am scammed. Publicizing such an event is usually the ONLY way to have a chance at getting back stolen money. So if that avenue is not only blocked but then someone is then penalized for taking it. Its actually in my eyes aiding the scammer and not just refusing to take part in the issue.
 
Old 03-05-2021, 07:44 PM   #79
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by marker1 View Post
Yes so long as this site does not block my means of recourse in the event I am scammed. Publicizing such an event is usually the ONLY way to have a chance at getting back stolen money. So if that avenue is not only blocked but then someone is then penalized for taking it. Its actually in my eyes aiding the scammer and not just refusing to take part in the issue.
Regardless of what you see in your eyes, the rules are the rules here. Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on your perspective, I guess.

Any such statements (your above mentioned "means of recourse") you make about someone else MUST be placed within a thread started by the person your post is referring to. You cannot just start a new thread anywhere on this site with something like "Watch out for Joe Blow!", or "Joe Blow screwed me over!", or anything even close to those examples.

So what happens if someone posts a classified ad, you buy from this person and get scammed, but that person has deleted their ad and does not have anything else current on the site. Well, sorry, but there is nothing you can do about that. I was reluctant to bring this loophole up, but it does exist and certainly somewhere, sometime, someone was going to either get caught in it, or else bring it up as a question.

Unfortunate, but it really would surprise the hell out of me if I ever saw anything go perfectly here.
 
Old 03-05-2021, 08:33 PM   #80
Socratic Monologue
Quote:
Originally Posted by marker1 View Post
Yes so long as this site does not block my means of recourse in the event I am scammed. Publicizing such an event is usually the ONLY way to have a chance at getting back stolen money.
Um, actually, filing a PayPal claim is the typically only way to get back money one is defrauded out of. And it works, too, when the buyer is smart enough to document the transaction.
 

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

 
Reply

Tags
board of inquiry, boi, scammers

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why Not A Board of Inquiry? chersina SOUND OFF!!! 8 09-25-2020 06:34 PM
Kalamazoo Reptile Show 5 Year Anniversary! collisonzoo Shows & Events 0 10-01-2010 10:15 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:17 AM.







TESTING!
Fauna Top Sites


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Page generated in 0.08242702 seconds with 11 queries
Content copyrighted ©2002-2018, FaunaClassifieds, LLC