Info Need some advice on a situation involving Alea Rodriguez. - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-01-2015, 05:36 PM   #91
snowgyre
Elexis, you posted here asking for opinions on how to proceed. We gave you those opinions and a valid way to back out of a nasty friendship breakup. It appears you were not actually interested in our opinions at all, but hoping to find sympathy and agreement with your own stance on the situation.

Your responses are becoming very immature. We agreed with you that Alea behaved inappropriately, but you are making matters far worse at this point. Take the high road and listen to the advice that's been given before you find yourself being placed on many do-not-buy-or-sell-from lists due to your own behavior.

Old 12-01-2015, 05:52 PM   #92
CwnAnnwn
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElexisOrtiz View Post
I really don't care. Apparently it's ok to trash talk someone, threaten them, like, etc but the person looking for advice and some compensation from this point forward after all of it is then one in the wrong. You guys don't seem to get what I'm saying, or just want to side against me. Whatever. She abandoned her snakes, especially when she REFUSED TO TAKE BACK THE ONES SHE HAD CAGING FOR AND FILLED THEM WITH NEW ANIMALS INSTEAD OF GETTING HER ANIMALS BACK! But yea she cares about them soo much to leave them when she has the chance to get them back. Yeah I'm the bad guy...
Ms. Craig. I am not against you. I don't know you. I understand that you are hurt, feel like you where stabbed in the back, and taken advantage of.

A lot of people, that are not against you, are telling you to walk away. I understand you are upset, I would be upset if this happen to me. You have the right to be upset.

But right now, you are coming across as being a bully and taking advantage of your position. Many people are telling you this.

You have a chance to suck it up, be a good guy and just ship the snakes back when it is safe to do so.

One way to be a good guy, millions of ways to become a bad person.

You need to step away from the forums regardless, you are coming off in a very bad light.

Old 12-01-2015, 08:33 PM   #93
Amelanistic Orca

Old 12-01-2015, 09:07 PM   #94
Geezer
Wow. 92 posts and 1900+ views in 9 hours. That must be some kind of record.

Old 12-02-2015, 12:45 AM   #95
ElexisC
Quote:
Originally Posted by CwnAnnwn View Post
Ms. Craig. I am not against you. I don't know you. I understand that you are hurt, feel like you where stabbed in the back, and taken advantage of.

A lot of people, that are not against you, are telling you to walk away. I understand you are upset, I would be upset if this happen to me. You have the right to be upset.

But right now, you are coming across as being a bully and taking advantage of your position. Many people are telling you this.

You have a chance to suck it up, be a good guy and just ship the snakes back when it is safe to do so.

One way to be a good guy, millions of ways to become a bad person.

You need to step away from the forums regardless, you are coming off in a very bad light.
I WANT TO send them back! But I cannot due to weather, I thought we covered this? I just want some compensation for the rats that will be going into them here on out. Had she not threatened me, and taken her problems out on me, things wouldn't have gone so far. Also while going threw messages earlier she was trying to get them back before the cold weather hit, then when it started getting cold it got pushed. Every time there was an opportunity for her to get them back she either didn't want them, and filled the cages with animals or didn't have open cages because she filled them with animals and was buying animals instead of caging for the snakes I have. I just want to send them back, again I tried to send her 3 back in the summer, she refused, how is that making ME look bad? And yes I was looking for opinions before everyone kept saying I'm trying to keep them, when I've said countless times I do NOT want them. So yes I was getting irritated. Also she has tried to insult me several times, I have not name called here, I have never brought up her family in an attempt to hurt her, I have not lied about her like she did to me at least twice here, yet I'm the one going on a do not do business with list? Hmm.. ok.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Old 12-02-2015, 02:01 AM   #96
caffeinecynic
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElexisOrtiz View Post
I WANT TO send them back! But I cannot due to weather, I thought we covered this? I just want some compensation for the rats that will be going into them here on out. Had she not threatened me, and taken her problems out on me, things wouldn't have gone so far. Also while going threw messages earlier she was trying to get them back before the cold weather hit, then when it started getting cold it got pushed. Every time there was an opportunity for her to get them back she either didn't want them, and filled the cages with animals or didn't have open cages because she filled them with animals and was buying animals instead of caging for the snakes I have. I just want to send them back, again I tried to send her 3 back in the summer, she refused, how is that making ME look bad? And yes I was looking for opinions before everyone kept saying I'm trying to keep them, when I've said countless times I do NOT want them. So yes I was getting irritated. Also she has tried to insult me several times, I have not name called here, I have never brought up her family in an attempt to hurt her, I have not lied about her like she did to me at least twice here, yet I'm the one going on a do not do business with list? Hmm.. ok.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
It's 2AM, so take this with a grain of salt.

01. You agreed to take snakes in free of charge.
02. You had falling out with Alea (regardless of who is right or wrong)
03. You now want Alea to compensate you for room and board for them - and yet cannot return them to her at this time.

Short version: You have them, you CANNOT return them to her right now, and you want her to pay you for that fact. This is assuming that you are not asking for retroactive compensation (which it does not seem you are). I realize that you probably don't mean it that way but it comes across as blackmail: you can't send them to her safely, so you're attempting to force her hand in this regard.

I won't comment on anything else between you two, but when you made the agreement, it was to look after them without compensation (from the sounds of things). Assuming you two had not had a falling out, you would've continued to do so. It really looks like you're using the animals you are looking after as a weapon in this personal problem between the two of you and that is what is making you look so bad in this conflict. Those animals shouldn't be used that way. If you can't send them to her now in good conscience (because of being new to shipping and the season), then you should probably just eat the fees on feeding them until you can - it's what you would have done anyway, if you hadn't had a falling out. Send them back to her as soon as you are able.

My $0.02 since you asked for advice.

Old 12-02-2015, 02:07 AM   #97
Realauren89
Sooooo from what I see you say repeatedly in here that you do not want them, and then turn around and say in messages that unless she pays you for the board and care that you initially agreed was for free (and you received a snake as payment as well from my gathering) that she infact cannot have them back until payment is given or am I reading these screen shots completely wrong?

All this mess started over Facebook drama, then it spilled into a business discussion where you outed alea, which became a BOI discussion because and admin enforced rules. One that has racked up alot of views, alot of comments over a cat fight. One that seems to be petty and ridiculous. Ship the snakes back when the weather breaks and both of you carry on with your lives. Two reputations got ruined today over fb drama and you of all people cannot even see that.
Attached Images

Old 12-02-2015, 02:13 AM   #98
meowmeowkazoo
People really need to be more careful with editing these screenshots, although honestly the excessive amount of profanity is disappointing regardless, and leads me to believe that it's a long shot this will be resolved peacefully.

Old 12-02-2015, 02:13 AM   #99
ElexisC
Quote:
Originally Posted by caffeinecynic View Post
It's 2AM, so take this with a grain of salt.

01. You agreed to take snakes in free of charge.
02. You had falling out with Alea (regardless of who is right or wrong)
03. You now want Alea to compensate you for room and board for them - and yet cannot return them to her at this time.

Short version: You have them, you CANNOT return them to her right now, and you want her to pay you for that fact. This is assuming that you are not asking for retroactive compensation (which it does not seem you are). I realize that you probably don't mean it that way but it comes across as blackmail: you can't send them to her safely, so you're attempting to force her hand in this regard.

I won't comment on anything else between you two, but when you made the agreement, it was to look after them without compensation (from the sounds of things). Assuming you two had not had a falling out, you would've continued to do so. It really looks like you're using the animals you are looking after as a weapon in this personal problem between the two of you and that is what is making you look so bad in this conflict. Those animals shouldn't be used that way. If you can't send them to her now in good conscience (because of being new to shipping and the season), then you should probably just eat the fees on feeding them until you can - it's what you would have done anyway, if you hadn't had a falling out. Send them back to her as soon as you are able.

My $0.02 since you asked for advice.
If people are taking it as black mail, which it's NOT, then that's not my fault. She wanted them back in spring regardless, we already agreed apon that before she did this. I'm not using them as a weapon. I'm tired of being used by someone who obviously didn't value the friendship that much to treat me so poorly for NO reason at all.

Why are you guys ignoring the fact she had the opportunity to take 3 back months ago and REFUSED and bought more animals? If she wanted them back so badly, why did she leave them when she had open cages then fill them with other animals? That's my problem, she says she cares, wants them back, but when I tried to send the 3 smallest back since she had caging she said no. But I'm the bad guy..

I just want to send them back and be done with it. If I have to do it free of charge because I agreed to a friend months ago, who threw away everything, then fine. Like I said it's easy to judge when its not happening to you.

Old 12-02-2015, 02:14 AM   #100
Milo Garcia

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Scarboro View Post
So you are walking back the " because in the eyes of the LAW you have legally ABANDONED these animals a long time ago" statement. And although I do not buy or sell reptiles any more, yes, stating your opinion that it is ok to steal something belonging to someone else will get you on a lot of peoples lists.
David, I am law enforcement, at the Federal Level at that. Let me just say this, possession is 9/10 of the law.. Unless they have some type of notarized contract, this girl can keep them if she wishes to.

Milo Garcia

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!