Bad Guy Garret Smith ( Scammer ) - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-21-2015, 11:53 PM   #71
LotusRacer
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshM View Post
File a compliant under penal code #487 pc. Anything over $950 in dispute is a felony and in asking for an investigation to be opened if nothing else it'll offer peace of mind knowing Garrett will need to pay the lawyer he speaks of having as well as time lost needing to address you complant legally. I've had to do the same in California myself and I can assure you even if you never see a dime you'll enjoy the satisfaction of the time and money Garrett will need spend to resolve this issue with the state. Best of luck to you both this can find resolution before that needs to come to pass..
I don't see how CA penal code 487 applies to this. This seems like the domain of small claims court; not even large enough for a regular civil case.

Old 07-21-2015, 11:59 PM   #72
JoshM
$6500 in money stolen is clearly ground for a file under the grand theft code 487. Least it was for me when I had a similar unresolved issue recently involving animals. If the code or law has changed my mistake and apologies. Michael you can contact you local Leo to determine what code and legal action is applicable for you today as I'm only able to offer what worked for me as a starting point for your issue should you need to go down that path..

Old 07-22-2015, 12:33 AM   #73
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Occidentalis View Post
I have had no business dealings with Garret, but, in a similar situation to Vanessa (snowgyre above) he has given me four karma dings on Fauna in retribution for calmly explaining on Facebook how he was misrepresenting the science of systematics to try to make some iguanids he was selling seem more desirable.
Make that 5 - including the one he gave you tonight...
Unfortunately, I can't see the posts for which he applied the other karma; but I'll be doing a bit of investigating.

Old 07-22-2015, 12:41 AM   #74
Chris Kennard
Markus is probably soliciting for a new American contact under the circumstances. Gonna be tough to find a cheap one after this thread. Just sayin'.

Old 07-22-2015, 04:27 AM   #75
schaumda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kennard View Post
Nerve struck. Now where's your proof and where's your "one hit wonder" German buddy who has incredible English writing skills?
Hello Chris,
even I don´t know you, I am very surprised, that you are attacking me here. I have nothing to do with this posts, exept reporting my experience with Garrett. And I can reperat, those are excelent. And if I see the visitor message in my profile, not only me had good experience.

I guess, with all of us being long enough in this business, for everyone here you will find at least one negative comment on any not perfect deal in the past. If not here, then just with a few minutes Internet research. Noone here who makes this business longer then a day will have a 100% perfect reputation. It just cannot be, as we are all dealing with live animals and noone can look inside animals. And we are all dealing with a bunch of laws from different countries and never ending paperworks in some cases. As the more deals you make the bigger the chance for one going wrong. I see questions, if a 11 year old post is the same person. This is absolutly not understandable.I find negative comments about people leaving comments in this thread that are just a few month old.

I am wondering, if you mean "one hit wonder" as an insault and if you know the different time zones the world has? We are here quite a lot hours ahead of your time. You quoted my post 2 times and now again brought me into this. And that to a time, where I had no time to respond. Between 2-5 a.m. is actually the time I sleep, when I have to be awake early to bring my daughter in the kindergarten. I would also not expect you to answer right now as it is nighttime in the US.

Just to give you a small sight in my thinkings when I read all that things here:
I read a arguement between 2 people about a deal or whatever. And then I read like 50 posts of people who have actually nothing to do with that deal. I don´t think that is what this forum is about. I would never just comment on a topic that is not of my business. And also I see like 50 posts with one sentence from one writer. Just to make this post big. Just my opinion. Everyone can think different.

Then you asked about me. And any documentation. I don´t really mean to be rude, but what kind of documentation you want me to present. My passport, or other personal datas? Fell free to hit me in a private message and I am happy to serve you with personal information. But as long as we are not talking about a deal or anything, I just would not give you any documents about animals. In Germany posting stuff like Private messages (for example whatsapp messages, emails, letters,...) is not allowed, and I have to follow German laws. Because such communications are private and law fights for privacy. The same with any CITES documents showing other peoples personal datas. Those I cannot post here. But whoever writes me will get them.

Last but not least. On every post for animals you find my contact datas. Including cellphone number and homepage. In the impressum you find my adress and even my tax number. To be more open is hard to manage. And it would have been faster to find those information then to quote me here 2 times. It would be really simple to just contact me if you want more information. I have nothing to hide and I know this business long enought to know its though. But though does not include writing about someone or quoting someone without any reason. This is just not fair.

Cheers, Markus

Old 07-22-2015, 07:59 AM   #76
juliasara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kennard View Post
Per your "I doubt it" statement, I'm inclined to believe you know her? If so, have YOU made her aware of this thread? Perhaps she could weigh in.
I don't know her, or him. I just scrolled through his Facebook page and saw he mentioned his wife lori, then searched his friends list for lori and found one with the same last name.

Old 07-22-2015, 08:29 AM   #77
dieselfan
Actually Garrett you did post an ad with Markus's pics back in June. You then reposted an updated ad with new pics but the animals were sold. Why post animals that have already sold prior to that ad being placed? That is a bit confusing. Also in our text convo you said they were all wild caught adults and have been treated. But in your updated ad you claim they were CB 13 and CB14. Don't you think that all those things might seem odd and fishy to a potential customer? Here are screenshots of your original ad that you deleted and the text convo and your new ad.
Attached Images

Old 07-22-2015, 08:31 AM   #78
dieselfan
More screenshots
Attached Images

Old 07-22-2015, 08:32 AM   #79
dieselfan
Screenshots
Attached Images

Old 07-22-2015, 08:33 AM   #80
dieselfan
Last screenshot
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!