Fauna Classifieds' Groovy Beginnings... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 02-01-2019, 12:32 AM   #1
MalGV
Talking Fauna Classifieds' Groovy Beginnings...

Hey folks!

This is my first thread here on FC, even though I've been a member for a little while. But I just found this too funny...

So in the wake of the change to the BOI, I was just skimming back through it to the very end pages just to see what it was like when it first started out. Here is what I found:

This website predates the Internet itself. XD

Anyways, have a nice day everyone!

Old 02-01-2019, 01:15 AM   #2
WebSlave
That date is from a conversion compatibility failure from the original message board software that HerpWantAds.com was running on. HerpWantAds was actually the ancestor of FaunaClassifieds.

Notice that the member names failed in the database as well.

And before all that, HerpWantAds was running on a custom script written in Perl CGI script. Until the main guy running the marketing part of things collected all the money, stopped paying the bill for the internet connection going to the server that resided in the programmer's home. Which sent me scrambling for a server myself, and had to start over from scratch.

I believe this is the first thread posted on this site after I got the new server and the message board software running -> http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...thread.php?t=1

Yeah, fun times.

Old 02-02-2019, 01:04 AM   #3
MalGV
Ha, ha, yeah, I actually figured it had something to do with conversion. Thanks for the information on the scripting, and for the link to the first thread. I always did like browsing through time to the first site threads.

Also thank you to you and all the other mods for all the hard work with the site! You guys do a great job!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags