Tokina 100mm f/2.8 macro lens - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Photography & Videography Techniques and Equipment

Notices

Photography & Videography Techniques and Equipment This forum is for the discussion of technical and practical details of how to take good pictures and videos, as well as discuss the equipment used in that pursuit.

Old 02-25-2018, 01:35 PM   #1
WebSlave
Tokina 100mm f/2.8 macro lens

I've been looking at reviews for several different lenses lately, and have seen a bunch of glowing reviews for this particular Tokina lens. I kind of favor actual Nikkor (Nikon) lenses, but there seem to be a few classes where after market brands are actually better than what Nikon is offering. This one appears to be one of them. I have a Nikon 105 f/2.8 micro lens that I've had and used for ages, and have gotten some really good photos from, but from what people are saying, this Tokina lens beats the pants off of the Nikon lens. So, heck, I dunno. Is "good enough", GOOD ENOUGH?

Anyway, I wanted to link this YouTube video here not so much because of the lens review, but at the end of the video the author has a bunch of photos of herps out in the wild that are very well done, and well worth viewing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVUth6ZLhYE

Old 02-25-2018, 03:19 PM   #2
WebSlave
BTW, if anyone is interested in picking up this lens, B&H Photo has it on sale through 02-28-2018 for $350.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!