Is this color normal? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Chameleons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-07-2006, 11:23 PM   #11
Dave W.
Howdy,

The phot got accidnetly cut. Here ya go..

Old 09-08-2006, 10:57 PM   #12
shmeh
Thanks

Thanks a ton for all of your responses, I am looking into everything and bought a thermometer. Just one last question, on about.com it says that veileds start out brownish and gain new colors at 5 months. Since mine is about 2 months old I believe, is this a possible explanation?

Old 09-09-2006, 12:05 AM   #13
Dave W.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmeh
...says that veileds start out brownish and gain new colors at 5 months. Since mine is about 2 months old I believe, is this a possible explanation?
Howdy,

If you had a panther then I could see it being brownish for a few months, but I have found that veileds seem to be green from the beginning and will go brown when things aren't to their liking (a bit stressed...) or there is a health issue... Your critter may be just fine or it may be trying to tell you that something isn't up to its liking. That's where eliminating possible trouble spots come into play.

Here are some shots of a batch of 57 veileds that I hatched for a friend last year.

Day 1:

~Day 2:

~Day 3:

Old 09-11-2006, 05:22 PM   #14
shmeh
Well I replaced the 75W with a 100W bulb, and I also replaced the fake plants and wood chips with some newspaper and a live sephelera plant. After 2 days, he remains virtually the same. Next stop, I'm placing a towel on the sides of the cage and see if he calms down by toning down the visual stimuli. He looks perfectly alert and healthy otherwise, so I'm guessing that he isn't sick. I'm on a mission now to turn this thing green...

Old 09-11-2006, 11:28 PM   #15
Cookiegirl
My baby chameleons are green from the very beginning. A few were brown after they hatched but after they got in the screened cage they lightened up. I have some more available if you are interested in getting a mate for you new chameleon. The picture of the mom and dad are in the fauana classifieds chameleons for sale under Tejas ranger Bob and Sandy England.

Old 09-25-2006, 05:37 PM   #16
shmeh
Mission Accomplished

Well some how or another, my veiled slowly began turning green. After my initial posting, I made the changes that I mentioned, and sure enough, he's a vibrant green most of the time. No clue whether it was just the stress of transportation, pet store malnourishment, or heating, but he looks quite healthy. Thanks for your help.

Old 09-25-2006, 10:33 PM   #17
Cookiegirl
I am glad to see your little is guy is turning green. They are such a joy to watch. I spend a lot of time just watching my baby chameleons. It is a real joy to see my parents offspring. I purchased the parents when they were just babies. Enjoy

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!