Lighting,Photos = Buyers Remorse? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:13 PM   #1
Ameivaboy
Lighting,Photos = Buyers Remorse?

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for opinions on the current transaction gone awry.

Here is the picture of the dragon I used (taken with iphone 4) in the Ad and here are the emails explaining the situation

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 12:46 PM, wrote:
Would you be interested in trades for one of these males? I have an Orange Hypo Female

To:
Sent: Tue, Mar 27, 2012 20:36:25 GMT+00:00
Subject: Re: 2.0 Citrus Hypo Leatherbacks het trans

Hi,

Maybe, what size is the female?

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 3:03 PM, wrote:

350 grand, a little over 17 inches

Sent via DroidX2 on Verizon Wireless™

----- Reply message -----
To:
Subject: 2.0 Citrus Hypo Leatherbacks het trans
Date: Tue, Mar 27, 2012 5:34 pm

sounds, good - once I see a pic, ill make my final decision - thanks!!

To:
Sent: Wed, Mar 28, 2012 01:12:23 GMT+00:00

Thanks got them - Ok I'll do the trade - however - I don't ship first on trades or do same day shpping - I can ship out the day I receive the animal after verifying she's in good shape.

If that works for you, please let me know when you can ship.

--

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 6:59 AM, wrote:
I can ship put Monday. Is that good for you?

To:
Sent: Wed, Mar 28, 2012 22:23:15 GMT+00:00

yes, that's perfect thanks!!

shipping address is:

XXXXXXXX

On Mar 29, 2012, at 8:45 AM, wrote:

I can't do the trade anymore unless its for both males. Would you be willing to do that? Sorry for the inconvenience, my partner and I had some miscommunication.

----- Reply message -----
To:
Subject: 2.0 Citrus Hypo Leatherbacks het trans
Date: Thu, Mar 29, 2012 4:55 pm

Hi,

Sorry I can not do that. Thanks!!

~Kevin

On Mar 30, 2012, at 10:33 AM, wrote:

What do u want for cash on him plus.shipping to XXXXXX. I could sure use.him so let me know.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

To:
Sent: Fri, Mar 30, 2012 18:59:03 GMT+00:00

$170 shipped, thanks!!

Mar 30 (5 days ago)

to Kevin
Ill take him. What's your PayPal? Do you mind sending a few more pics so I can show my husband?

At which point I sent the other pictures i had taken at the same time as I took the photo in the ad in this email.

Date: March 30, 2012 8:41:40 PM PDT
To:

Hi,

PayPal address is:

XXXXXXX

Here are the only pictures I have on my phone,

Youll like him, hes a cool dragon.

thanks!!

On Monday I ship the dragon, it arrives tuesday on time and here is the email exchange

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 8:12 AM, wrote:
I received the dragon. Other than being cold he seems okay. I was dissappointed in his color but I going to give him some time to warm up and see how he looks. Ill let you know how he is doing later. Thanks you !

To:
Sent: Tue, Apr 3, 2012 17:27:14 GMT+00:00

Hi,

He'lll look better once he warms up, he'll look just like the pictures from the ad. You'll like him.

Thanks!!

On Apr 4, 2012, at 1:39 PM, wrote:

Still no change in color. May take a couple days for him to settle in but honestly this is not the dragon I thought I was buying. I needed a really nice citrus for the breeding project. This guy just won't do. I would be interested in returning him if I could. I may be willing to resell too if your willing to refund the shipping costs.

To:
Sent: Wed, Apr 4, 2012 22:07:07 GMT+00:00

Hi,

Not sure what the problem is, it's a very nice dragon and is the exact same dragon as in the ad.

if you ship Him back to me and he arrives safe and sound I'll refund the $170.

3:25 PM (2 hours ago)

to Kevin
This is what he looks like. I agree its that same dragon. I know there is an adjustment period but he shows no stress marks like that's a big issue. This looks nothing like the yellow in the pics you sent. I am not saying it was intentionally doctored but the light was apparently wrong and did not properly represent this dragon. Can you send a shipping label please?

Now I didnt offer to pay for the shipping - I said if they shipped the dragon back I would return the money originally paid.

Obviously different lighting and cameras can have an effect on how pictures come out.

I am sorry they are not happy with the dragon and I do want to make them happy - but on the other hand - they got exactly what they paid for - A citrus hypo leatherback het trans, that arrived well and was the exact same animal as advertised (as we agreed!)

So, I'm just looking for other peoples opinions on this and how they might handle this situation.

Thanks!!

Old 04-04-2012, 09:21 PM   #2
AGoodwin
I can see both sides on this. Although you did send him what he asked for and paid for, the pictures did misrepresent the coloration. The pictures you took show a yellowish, but the one he took shows more of a very light burnt orange/tanish color. Honestly, if I were the buyer, I would request for you to pay for the return shipping as well. Sorry it did not work out for you.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:12 AM   #3
Plethora Of Pythons LLC
I am not a professional photographer, but I think the bright blue background and the use of flash may have brightened up the yellow. When you look at the BD which picture really reflects the coloration? If it is your buyer's photo, then yes - I would refund them their money and pay to ship the animal back. Although the animals may be the same, the coloration is completely different.

When people are buying with nothing to base the decision on but pictures, then those pictures must be the most accurate representation of the animal possible.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:59 AM   #4
hhmoore
This is a tough situation, IMO.
I've had animals that were difficult to photograph accurately, so I understand the problems; but I feel that if your pictures are misleading, you should notice...and if you notice, you should make an interested customer aware *if you cannot take pictures that are better representations. If the customer's photo is accurate, then yours clearly are not...and I think most people would be rightfully disappointed. If that is the case, I would have a hard time calling this "buyer's remorse". If the real look is somewhere in between, it muddies the situation.
If your iphone doesn't take accurate pictures, I would suggest not using it for ads (or sending customers additional pictures.

*edited to add

Old 04-06-2012, 07:17 AM   #5
august quion
with all of them. I too use an iPad for pics and under different lighting the pics all look extremely different. What I do is use the pics that are true to color what the dragon looks like and with my iPad that's under 100 watt soft white bulb 4 feet away. I agree with the buyer if I was looking for a nice yellow hypo citrus for breeding and received a dragon that looks like the pic the buyer took it would not work for a nice yellow citrus clutch. (too much orange) $100 is not worth a possible BOI and a unhappy customer, if it were me the buyer mentioned (willing to resell) if shipping were refunded. I would cut my loss in half and refund shipping and call it a day! Good luck he is a nice dragon either way at a very reasonable price!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!