Bad Guy Turtle Shack.com Thiefs - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-23-2014, 06:23 PM   #21
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilg View Post
Trader Rating > Sponsor Status, in terms of buyer peace of mind, no?

that would be a good discussion for the General Business forum, located here:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...splay.php?f=15
Let's not get too far off topic in this thread, thank you.

Old 10-23-2014, 06:38 PM   #22
neilg
Quote:
Originally Posted by desoner View Post
I thought they were legit because i saw them on Fauna as sponsors on the turtle classifieds.
im quoting the above to reiterate than in response to the OP's assumption, in retrospect, am suggesting trader rating may be (maybe?) of more legitimacy than sponsor status which the OPer indicated he relied on in his opening post.

Old 10-23-2014, 06:45 PM   #23
AbsoluteApril
Yes I understand that, what I am saying is: further discussion of general feelings regarding trader rating vs sponsorship vs whatever criteria, would be best done in the discussion forums as it would quickly get this thread off topic. If you have questions about what I am stating please feel free to contact me via PM.

Old 10-23-2014, 07:03 PM   #24
neilg
AbsoluteApril,

you've inspired me to do just that; create a thread on that particular discussion of Trader rating vs Sponsor status.

and i hereby dedicate it to you!

lookin forward to the OP's updates although i doubt i would order anything from TS in this lifetime =/

Old 10-23-2014, 09:16 PM   #25
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilg View Post
am wowin' at circumstances and pointing out that TS paid(?) for being prominent here - as opposed to having established prominent 'Trader Ratings' here - the latter which would be more 'legit' in reference to the OP's statement i've quoted herewithin.

the OP claims some 20 days have passed since requesting a refund, and that purchase was paid using a 'debit card'.

my first hunch would be that mc/visa card refunds can take sometimes over a month to post to one's account. (TS appears to have indicated only a 10 day time frame, per OP)

however, that's no 'excuse' for the advertising vendor's large lapses in communication that the OP alleges, lest someone died, had an accident, or somethin, no?

to clarify, what i'm WOWin at is the TS ads are 'plastered' all over FC and appear not just as one of the sponsors but the VERY first listed in the list and the most often at the top banner so far whenever i peruse here.

one - well at least i - would think they would be on TOP of things, their business, not just this forum..no? =D

and maybe they are. but apparently not according to the OP's instance. thus, guessed they just paid for being on TOP of things here which WebSlave i believe, confirmed(?)

is there some reason TS is at the very TOP of the sponsor's list? (fair question, no?)
Concerning the sponsorship links that are in various forums, they are offered on a first come, first serve basis. So any that are at the top of the list are from advertisers sponsoring a forum who simply paid for the position earlier than the subsequent ones, and retained that spot by renewals every year. Once a sponsor drops out, everyone else moves up a slot. In the cases of a couple of the forums that are at full capacity, they are filled and NO slot is available until a sponsor relinquishes their position by failing to renew the sponsorship. An opened slot then becomes available on a first come, first served basis once I post a notice of it's availability.

There is a column of 120x60 banner ads in the right hand column that are run through my banner advertising front end script at FaunaAds.com that is operated a little differently. Those banner ads are actually bidded positions where advertisers can pay more for a higher position in the column.

Hope that explains it sufficiently.

Please note that any further off topic discussion about this really needs to go into the Feedback Forum.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!