Inquiry American Made Exotics??? Anyone ever trade with him? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-23-2014, 08:55 PM   #11
ShiffyAME
Man I think you may have jumped the gun on the BOI post here lol. I had my phone on me all day and did not receive any email or attempts to contact me from you today. I have court tomorrow to make the full custody order I have with my daughter permanent. I met with my attorneys today for about 5 hours going through EVERY detail of the trial tomorrow and it is about an hour drive home from there. I was very pleasantly surprised to see a large box waiting for me on the back porch when I got home.

When you contacted me Tues afternoon saying you shipped the bow and asked if I would consider knocking off the $50 cash part of the deal we agreed on top of the bow because it cost way more than you expected to ship the bow my response was:

Since you agreed to ship first and could not get the bow shipped until tuesday I would go ahead and say don't worry about the cash part as a gesture of good faith since we would have to wait until monday for tuesday to ship your snake to you because I do not like shipping Thursday for Friday in case fedex makes and when you shipped tuesday we both knew it would not be here wed for me to ship wed.

I understand your worry as I have been burned in trades in the past and under no circumstances will even consider a trade where I ship first at this point. I rely on my good reputation and the fact that I depend on my good reputation to make a living to ease peoples minds to ship first because I KNOW I'm going to keep good on my end of the deal so while I do understand you being paranoid I think you should have shot me an email today instead of posting on the BOI...Even though at my lawyers I would have responded to you immediately just as I did any other time you sent me an email because they go right to my phone.

As for the shipping address not being the same as what is listed on fauna...I live literally seconds across the state line in NC and will be more than happy to email anybody that wishes to inquire a copy of my 2014 business license for American Made Exotics at the Portsmouth VA address, a copy of my articles of organization for my LLC or any other request needed to show I am a legit business and honest person not looking to pull a fast one on anybody!

With all that being said....I sent you an email before a friend messaged me there was a BOI post I may want to look at and as expressed in the email...you have an awesome snake coming your way any day that is most convenient for you to have him delivered Tues-Thurs if you just email back which day to have him sent out.

Thanks again for having faith to ship your portion of the trade first and no hard feelings for the BOI just keep in mind if something like this happens again at least shoot the person an email and give them a chance to respond before jumping the gun with worry :-)

Old 10-23-2014, 09:00 PM   #12
ShiffyAME
I just checked my spam folder and see you did email me at 3:50 this afternoon. Unfortunately my phone does not get an alert for spam emails (thank god) but I do check the folder once or twice a day when at my computer so I do apologize for not getting back to you immediately after your email. Thanks again!

Old 10-23-2014, 09:07 PM   #13
hissnthatexotics
Yes I understand I jumped the gun. I'll delete this if I can figure out how to

Old 10-23-2014, 11:13 PM   #14
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by hissnthatexotics View Post
Yes I understand I jumped the gun. I'll delete this if I can figure out how to
BOI posts cannot be deleted.
Regardless, this was posted as an "inquiry" thread, and not a "bad guy" thread, so I don't see any reason for concern over its being here.

Old 10-24-2014, 10:19 AM   #15
leftycrane
OP just make sure you update this thread when you receive your beautiful snake, this way anyone researching AME will see that this came out with a happy ending and all will be well.

Old 10-28-2014, 02:13 PM   #16
hissnthatexotics
***UPDATE****
got the snake in this morning. Packaging was excellent. Everything worked out! The snake is beautiful and healthy... has quite an attitude for a ball python but may be from stress of shipping. I clearly jumped the gun Matt is a great guy. I felt like I wasn't talking to a stuck up business guy but a good friend who cares about people more than $$$. I'll show the snake off in discussion as I am pretty excited about him lol.

Old 11-16-2014, 05:08 PM   #17
roseg96
I know this thread resolved the inquiry but I'll throw my 2 cents in on top. I had an excellent experience with Matt and Alyson. Purchased a beautiful male pewter from them last July and followed up later for info on his parents and clutch. They were so helpful and personable I will definitely look to them again when I'm ready to add more to my collection. Beautiful animals and great people!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!